Health Financing Revisited : A Practitioner's Guide
This overview of health financing tools, policies and trends--with a particular focus on challenges facing developing countries--provides the basis for effective policy-making. Analyzing the current global environment, the book discusses health financing goals in the context of both the underlying health, demographic, social, economic, political and demographic analytics as well as the institutional realities faced by developing countries, and assesses policy options in the context of global evidence, the international aid architecture, cross-sectoral interactions, and countries' macroeconomic frameworks and overall development plans.
|This book is provided by The World Bank in its series World Bank Publications with number 7094 and published in 2006.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1818 H Street, N.W., Washington, DC 20433|
Phone: (202) 477-1234
Web page: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gericke, Christian A. & Wismar, Matthias & Busse, Reinhard, 2004. "Cost-sharing in the German health care system," Discussion Papers 2004/4, Technische Universität Berlin, School of Economics and Management.
- Jonas Schreyogg, 2004.
"Demographic Development and Moral Hazard: Health Insurance with Medical Savings Accounts,"
The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance,
The International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics, vol. 29(4), pages 689-704, October.
- Jonas Schreyogg, 2004. "Demographic Development and Moral Hazard: Health Insurance with Medical Savings Accounts," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 29(4), pages 689-704, October.
- Schreyögg, Jonas, 2004. "Demographic development and moral hazard: Health insurance with medical savings accounts," Discussion Papers 2004/16, Technische Universität Berlin, School of Economics and Management.
- U. -G. Gerdtham & C. Rehnberg & M. Tambour, 1999.
"The impact of internal markets on health care efficiency: evidence from health care reforms in Sweden,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 935-945.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Rehnberg, Clas & Tambour, Magnus, 1997. "The Impact of Internal Markets on Health Care Efficiency: Evidence from Health Care Reforms in Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 170, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003.
"Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience,"
OECD Health Working Papers
9, OECD Publishing.
- Elizabeth Docteur & Howard Oxley, 2003. "Health-Care Systems: Lessons from the Reform Experience," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 374, OECD Publishing.
- Jonas SchreyÃ¶gg & Lim Meng Kin, 2004. "Health-Care Reforms in Singapore - Twenty Years of Medical Savings Accounts," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(3), pages 55-60, October.
- U.-G. Gerdtham & M. Löthgren & M. Tambour & C. Rehnberg, 1999.
"Internal markets and health care efficiency: a multiple-output stochastic frontier analysis,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(2), pages 151-164.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Löthgren, Mickael & Tambour, Magnus & Rehnberg, Clas, 1998. "Internal Markets and Health Care Efficiency: A Multiple-Output Stochastic Frontier Analysis," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 222, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Kutzin, Joseph, 2001. "A descriptive framework for country-level analysis of health care financing arrangements," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 171-204, June.
- Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M., 2000.
"Government purchasing of health services,"
Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 15, pages 847-890
- Chalkley, M. & Malcomson, J.M., 1998. "Government purchasing of health services," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9821, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Francesca Colombo & Nicole Tapay, 2003. "Private Health Insurance in Australia: A Case Study," OECD Health Working Papers 8, OECD Publishing.
- Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2002. "One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 1559-1587, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbpubs:7094. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Breineder)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.