The Impact of Internal Markets on Health Care Efficiency: Evidence from Health Care Reforms in Sweden
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- U. -G. Gerdtham & C. Rehnberg & M. Tambour, 1999. "The impact of internal markets on health care efficiency: evidence from health care reforms in Sweden," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 935-945.
References listed on IDEAS
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Borden, James P., 1988. "An assessment of the impact of diagnosis-related group (DRG)-based reimbursement on the technical efficiency of New Jersey hospitals using data envelopment analysis," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 77-96.
- Blomqvist, Ake, 1991. "The doctor as double agent: Information asymmetry, health insurance, and medical care," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 411-432.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Biorn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2002.
"The Effect of Activity-Based Financing on Hospital Efficiency: A Panel Data Analysis of DEA Efficiency Scores 1992-2000,"
8099, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biørn, Erik & Hagen, Terje P. & Iversen, Tor & Magnussen, Jon, 2009. "The effect of activity-based financing on hospital efficiency: A panel data analysis of DEA efficiency scores 1992-2000," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2002:8, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Moreno-Serra, Rodrigo & Wagstaff, Adam, 2010.
"System-wide impacts of hospital payment reforms: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 585-602, July.
- Moreno-Serra, Rodrigo & Wagstaff, Adam, 2009. "System-wide impacts of hospital payment reforms : evidence from central and eastern Europe and central Asia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4987, The World Bank.
- Hamada, Hironori & Sekimoto, Miho & Imanaka, Yuichi, 2012. "Effects of the per diem prospective payment system with DRG-like grouping system (DPC/PDPS) on resource usage and healthcare quality in Japan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 194-201.
- Theurl, Engelbert & Winner, Hannes, 2007. "The impact of hospital financing on the length of stay: Evidence from Austria," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 375-389, August.
- Pablo Gottret & George Schieber, 2006. "Health Financing Revisited : A Practitioner's Guide," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7094.
- Cavalieri, M. & Guccio, C. & Lisi, D. & Pignataro, G., 2015. "Does the Extent of Per-Case Payment System Affect Hospital Efficiency? Evidence from the Italian NHS," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 15/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Pedersen, Kjeld Møller, 2009. "Reforming decentralized integrated health care systems: Theory and the case of the Norwegian reform," HERO On line Working Paper Series 2002:7, Oslo University, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Kim-Huong Nguyen & Tim Coelli, 2009. "Quantifying the effects of modelling choices on hospital efficiency measures: A meta-regression analysis," CEPA Working Papers Series WP072009, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Galina Besstremyannaya, 2013. "The impact of Japanese hospital financing reform on hospital efficiency: A difference-in-difference approach," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 337-362, September.
- Magnussen, Jon & Nyland, Kari, 2008. "Measuring efficiency in clinical departments," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 1-7, July.
More about this item
KeywordsInternal markets; productivity; regression; analysis; pooled data;
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1998-11-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-1998-11-05 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EFF-1998-11-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-HEA-1998-11-05 (Health Economics)
- NEP-PUB-1998-11-05 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:hhs:hastef:0170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Helena Lundin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erhhsse.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.