An assessment of the impact of diagnosis-related group (DRG)-based reimbursement on the technical efficiency of New Jersey hospitals using data envelopment analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rees, Ray, 1986. "Incentive compatible discount rates for public investment," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 249-257, July.
- repec:bla:joares:v:33:y:1995:i::p:41-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antle, Rick & Bogetoft, Peter & Stark, Andrew W., 2001. "Incentive Problems and Investment Timing Options," Unit of Economics Working papers 24192, Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Food and Resource Economic Institute.
- repec:bla:joares:v:36:y:1998:i::p:117-147 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bengt Holmstrom & Laurence Weiss, 1985. "Managerial Incentives, Investment and Aggregate Implications: Scale Effects," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 403-425.
- Rick Antle & Peter Bogetoft & Andrew W. Stark, 1997. "Selection among Mutually Exclusive Investments with Managerial Private Information and Moral Hazard," CIE Discussion Papers 1997-06, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Rick Antle & Gary D. Eppen, 1985. "Capital Rationing and Organizational Slack in Capital Budgeting," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 163-174, February.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1996. " The Capital Budgeting Process: Incentives and Information," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(4), pages 1139-1174, September.
- repec:bla:joares:v:37:y:1999:i::p:187-214 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jonathan C. Glover & Anil Arya & Shyam NMI Sunder, 1999. "Earnings Management and the Revelation Principle," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm120, Yale School of Management.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tummers, L.G. & Van de Walle, Steven, 2012. "Explaining health care professionals’ resistance to implement Diagnosis Related Groups: (No) benefits for society, patients and professionals," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 158-166.
- Bowlin, W. F., 1995. "A characterization of the financial condition of the United States' aerospace-defense industrial base," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 539-555, October.
- Carly Webster & Zahirul Hoque, 2005. "Cost Information in the New Public-Sector Environment: Cost Accounting Change in a State-Owned Hospital," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 15(37), pages 47-54, November.
- Philippe Widmer, 2015.
"Does prospective payment increase hospital (in)efficiency? Evidence from the Swiss hospital sector,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(4), pages 407-419, May.
- Philippe K. Widmer, 2011. "Does prospective payment increase hospital (in)efficiency? Evidence from the Swiss hospital sector," ECON - Working Papers 053, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- U. -G. Gerdtham & C. Rehnberg & M. Tambour, 1999.
"The impact of internal markets on health care efficiency: evidence from health care reforms in Sweden,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 935-945.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Rehnberg, Clas & Tambour, Magnus, 1997. "The Impact of Internal Markets on Health Care Efficiency: Evidence from Health Care Reforms in Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 170, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Stefan Meyer, 2015. "Payment schemes and cost efficiency: evidence from Swiss public hospitals," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 73-97, March.
- Helmut Herwartz & Christoph Strumann, 2014. "Hospital efficiency under prospective reimbursement schemes: an empirical assessment for the case of Germany," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 15(2), pages 175-186, March.
- Cavalieri, M. & Guccio, C. & Lisi, D. & Pignataro, G., 2015. "Does the Extent of Per-Case Payment System Affect Hospital Efficiency? Evidence from the Italian NHS," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 15/29, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Tambour, Magnus & Rehnberg, Clas, 1997. "Internal Markets and Performance in Swedish Health Care," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 161, Stockholm School of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jappol:v:7:y:1988:i:2:p:77-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jaccpubpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.