A global overview of health insurance administrative costs: what are the reasons for variations found?
Administrative costs are an important spending category in total health insurance expenditure. Yet, they have rarely been a topic outside the US and there is no cross-country comparison available. This paper provides a global overview and analysis of administrative costs for social security schemes (SSS) and private health insurance schemes (PHI).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William C. Hsiao & R. Paul Shaw, 2007. "Social Health Insurance for Developing Nations," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6860, December.
- William D. Savedoff & Pablo Gottret, 2008. "Governing Mandatory Health Insurance : Learning from Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6526, December.
- Eva Orosz & David Morgan, 2004. "SHA-Based National Health Accounts in Thirteen OECD Countries: A Comparative Analysis," OECD Health Working Papers 16, OECD Publishing.
- Iriart, Celia & Elías Merhy, Emerson & Waitzkin, Howard, 2001. "Managed care in Latin America: the new common sense in health policy reform," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1243-1253, April.
- Kutzin, Joseph, 2001. "A descriptive framework for country-level analysis of health care financing arrangements," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 171-204, June.
- Maarse, Hans & Paulus, Aggie & Kuiper, Gerard, 2005. "Supervision in social health insurance: a four country study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 333-346, March.
- Rowena Jacobs & Maria Goddard, 2000. "Social health insurance systems in European countries: the role of the insurer in the health care system: a comparative study of four European countries," Working Papers 039cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Ensor, Tim, 1999. "Developing health insurance in transitional Asia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 871-879, April.
- Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2002. "One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 1559-1587, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:102:y:2011:i:2:p:235-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.