A global overview of health insurance administrative costs: what are the reasons for variations found?
Administrative costs are an important spending category in total health insurance expenditure. Yet, they have rarely been a topic outside the US and there is no cross-country comparison available. This paper provides a global overview and analysis of administrative costs for social security schemes (SSS) and private health insurance schemes (PHI).
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- William C. Hsiao & R. Paul Shaw, 2007. "Social Health Insurance for Developing Nations," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6860.
- William D. Savedoff & Pablo Gottret, 2008. "Governing Mandatory Health Insurance : Learning from Experience," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6526.
- Eva Orosz & David Morgan, 2004. "SHA-Based National Health Accounts in Thirteen OECD Countries: A Comparative Analysis," OECD Health Working Papers 16, OECD Publishing.
- Iriart, Celia & Elías Merhy, Emerson & Waitzkin, Howard, 2001. "Managed care in Latin America: the new common sense in health policy reform," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(8), pages 1243-1253, April.
- Kutzin, Joseph, 2001. "A descriptive framework for country-level analysis of health care financing arrangements," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 171-204, June.
- Maarse, Hans & Paulus, Aggie & Kuiper, Gerard, 2005. "Supervision in social health insurance: a four country study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 333-346, March.
- Rowena Jacobs & Maria Goddard, 2000. "Social health insurance systems in European countries: the role of the insurer in the health care system: a comparative study of four European countries," Working Papers 039cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Ensor, Tim, 1999. "Developing health insurance in transitional Asia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 871-879, April.
- Bärnighausen, Till & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2002. "One hundred and eighteen years of the German health insurance system: are there any lessons for middle- and low-income countries?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 54(10), pages 1559-1587, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:102:y:2011:i:2:p:235-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)or ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.