The impotence of price controls: Failed attempts to constrain pharmaceutical expenditures in Greece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ulf‐ G. Gerdtham, 1997.
"Equity in Health Care Utilization: Further Tests Based on Hurdle Models and Swedish Micro Data,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(3), pages 303-319, May.
- Gerdtham, Ulf-G., 1996. "Equity in Health Care Utilisation: Further Tests Based on Hurdle models and Swedish Micro Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 116, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Fredrik Carlsen & Jostein Grytten, 1998. "More physicians: improved availability or induced demand?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 495-508.
- Marchant, N., 1997. "Drivers of the Growth in Medicines Expenditure," Monographs, Office of Health Economics, number 000421, January.
- Lopez-Casasnovas, Guillem & Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2000.
"Review of the literature on reference pricing,"
Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 87-123, November.
- Guillem López & Jaume Puig, 1999. "Review of the literature on reference pricing," Economics Working Papers 362, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Guillem López & Jaume Puig, 1999. "Review of the literature on reference pricing," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 362, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- David Madden & Anne Nolan & Brian Nolan, 2005.
"GP reimbursement and visiting behaviour in Ireland,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(10), pages 1047-1060, October.
- David (David Patrick) Madden & Brian Nolan & Anne Nolan, 2004. "GP reimbursement and visiting behaviour in Ireland," Working Papers 200426, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Madden, David & Nolan, Anne & Nolan, Brian, 2004. "GP Reimbursement and Visiting Behaviour in Ireland," Papers HRBWP09, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Ghislandi, Simone & Krulichova, Iva & Garattini, Livio, 2005. "Pharmaceutical policy in Italy: towards a structural change?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 53-63, April.
- Gosden, Toby & Torgerson, David J., 1997. "The effect of fundholding on prescribing and referral costs: a review of the evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 103-114, May.
- Van Tielen, Rudy & Peys, Frank & Genaert, Jean, 1998. "The demographic impact on ambulatory pharmaceutical expenditure in Belgium," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Griliches, Zvi & Rosett, Joshua G, 1993.
"Auditing the Producer Price Index: Micro Evidence from Prescription Pharamceutical Preparations,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(3), pages 251-264, July.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Zvi Griliches & Joshua G. Rosett, 1992. "Auditing the Producer Price Index: Micro Evidence From Prescription Pharmaceutical Preparations," NBER Working Papers 4009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L., 2004. "Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 299-307, June.
- Geitona, Mary & Zavras, Dimitrios & Hatzikou, Magda & Kyriopoulos, John, 2006. "Generics market in Greece: The pharmaceutical industry's beliefs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 35-48, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kazanis, Ilias, 2013. "Reforming the Greek health system: A role for non-medical, clinical bioscientists," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 46-51.
- Vogler, Sabine & Zimmermann, Nina & de Joncheere, Kees, 2016. "Policy interventions related to medicines: Survey of measures taken in European countries during 2010–2015," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(12), pages 1363-1377.
- Gorecki, Paul K. & Nolan, Anne & Brick, Aoife & Lyons, Seán, 2012. "Pharmaceuticals Delivery in Ireland. Getting a Bigger Bang for the Buck," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS24, January.
More about this item
KeywordsPharmaceuticals Pharmaceutical expenditures Price controls Prescribing;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:101:y:2011:i:2:p:162-171. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.