Delivering generics without regulatory incentives?: Empirical evidence from French general practitioners about willingness to prescribe international non-proprietary names
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Delnoij, Diana & Brenner, Gerhard, 2000. "Importing budget systems from other countries: what can we learn from the German drug budget and the British GP fundholding?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 157-169, July.
- Stern, S. & Trajtenberg, M., 1998.
"Empirical Implications of Physician Authority in Pharmaceutical Decisionmaking,"
24-98, Tel Aviv.
- Scott Stern & Manuel Trajtenberg, 1998. "Empirical Implications of Physician Authority in Pharmaceutical Decisionmaking," NBER Working Papers 6851, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stevenson, Fiona A. & Barry, Christine A. & Britten, Nicky & Barber, Nick & Bradley, Colin P., 2000. "Doctor-patient communication about drugs: the evidence for shared decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 829-840, March.
- Lopez-Casasnovas, Guillem & Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2000.
"Review of the literature on reference pricing,"
Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 87-123, November.
- Guillem López & Jaume Puig, 1999. "Review of the literature on reference pricing," Economics Working Papers 362, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Guillem López & Jaume Puig, 1999. "Review of the literature on reference pricing," Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics 362, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Valles, Joan-Antoni & Barreiro, Maica & Cereza, Gloria & Ferro, Juan-Jose & Martinez, Maria-Jose & Escriba, Josep-Maria & Iglesias, Begona & Cucurull, Esther & Barcelo, Estrella AU -, 2003. "A prospective multicenter study of the effect of patient education on acceptability of generic prescribing in general practice," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 269-275, September.
- Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan, 1997. "Do fee descriptors influence treatment choices in general practice? A multilevel discrete choice model," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 323-342, June.
- Kasje, W. N. & Timmer, J. W. & Boendermaker, P. M. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F. M., 2002. "Dutch GPs' perceptions: the influence of out-of-pocket costs on prescribing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(9), pages 1571-1578, November.
- Gosden, Toby & Torgerson, David J., 1997. "The effect of fundholding on prescribing and referral costs: a review of the evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 103-114, May.
- Huttin, C. & Andral, J., 2000. "How the reimbursement system may influence physicians' decisions results from focus groups interviews in France," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 67-86, November.
- Hudson, John, 2000. "Generic take-up in the pharmaceutical market following patent expiry: A multi-country study," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 205-221, June.
- Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan & King, Madeleine, 1996. "Is general practitioner decision making associated with patient socio-economic status?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 35-46, January.
- Danzon, Patricia M & Chao, Li-Wei, 2000. "Does Regulation Drive out Competition in Pharmaceutical Markets?," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 311-357, October.
- Judith K. Hellerstein, 1994. "The Demand for Post-Patent Prescription Pharmaceuticals," NBER Working Papers 4981, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Garattini, Livio & Tediosi, Fabrizio, 2000. "A comparative analysis of generics markets in five European countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 149-162, April.
- Wilson, Robert P. H. & Hatcher, Juanita & Barton, Stuart & Walley, Tom, 1997. "General practice fundholders' prescribing savings in one region of the United Kingdom, 1991-1994," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 29-37, October.
- Denig, P. & Haaijer-Ruskamp, F.M. & Zijsling, D.H., 1988. "How physicians choose drugs," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 1381-1386, January.
- Judith K. Hellerstein, 1998. "The Importance of the Physician in the Generic Versus Trade-Name Prescription Decision," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 108-136, Spring.
- Lundin, Douglas, 2000. "Moral hazard in physician prescription behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 639-662, September.
- Danzon, Patricia M. & Chao, Li-Wei, 2000. "Cross-national price differences for pharmaceuticals: how large, and why?," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 159-195, March.
- Andrew T. Healey & Brian F. Yule & John P. Reid, 1994. "Variations in general practice prescribing costs and implications for budget setting," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(1), pages 47-56, January.
- Dowell, Jon S. & Snadden, David & Dunbar, James A., 1996. "Rapid prescribing change, how do patients respond?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 43(11), pages 1543-1549, December.
- Peay, Marilyn Y. & Peay, Edmund R., 1984. "Differences among practitioners in patterns of preference for information sources in the adoption of new drugs," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 18(12), pages 1019-1025, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Geitona, Mary & Zavras, Dimitrios & Hatzikou, Magda & Kyriopoulos, John, 2006. "Generics market in Greece: The pharmaceutical industry's beliefs," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(1), pages 35-48, November.
- Widiane Ferchakhi & Jean-Jack Cegarra, 2014. "L'influence du capital marque sur le risque perçu de la substitution d'un médicament de marque par un médicament générique : proposition d'un modèle," Post-Print hal-00955752, HAL.
- Julien Mousquès & Thomas Renaud & Olivier Scemama, 2008. "A refutation of the practice style hypothesis: the case of antibiotics prescription by French general practitioners for acute rhinopharyngitis," Working Papers DT18, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Oct 2008.
- Chua, Gin Nie & Hassali, Mohamed Azmi & Shafie, Asrul Akmal & Awaisu, Ahmed, 2010. "A survey exploring knowledge and perceptions of general practitioners towards the use of generic medicines in the northern state of Malaysia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(2-3), pages 229-235, May.
- Mousquès, Julien & Renaud, Thomas & Scemama, Olivier, 2010. "Is the "practice style" hypothesis relevant for general practitioners? An analysis of antibiotics prescription for acute rhinopharyngitis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(8), pages 1176-1184, April.
- Gorecki, Paul K. & Nolan, Anne & Brick, Aoife & Lyons, Seán, 2012. "Pharmaceuticals Delivery in Ireland. Getting a Bigger Bang for the Buck," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS24, January.
- Lesley Tilson & Kathleen Bennett & Michael Barry, 2005. "The potential impact of implementing a system of generic substitution on the community drug schemes in Ireland," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 6(3), pages 267-273, September.
- Else-Lydia Toverud & Katrin Hartmann & Helle Håkonsen, 2015. "A Systematic Review of Physicians’ and Pharmacists’ Perspectives on Generic Drug Use: What are the Global Challenges?," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 35-45, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:70:y:2004:i:1:p:23-32. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.