Pharmaceuticals Delivery in Ireland. Getting a Bigger Bang for the Buck
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicolas Bloom & John Van Reenen, 1998. "Regulating drug prices: where do we go from here?," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 321-342, August.
- Panos Kanavos & Joan Costa-Font, 2005. "Pharmaceutical parallel trade in Europe: stakeholder and competition effects," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 20(44), pages 751-798, October.
- Mark Dusheiko & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs & Peter C Smith, "undated".
"The Effect of Budgets on Doctor Behaviour: Evidence From A Natural Experiment,"
03/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Mark Dusheiko & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs & Peter Smith, 2003. "The Effects of Budgets on Doctors Behaviour: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/064, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Honohan, Patrick & Donovan, Donal & Gorecki, Paul & Mottiar, Rafique, 2010. "The Irish Banking Crisis: Regulatory and Financial Stability Policy," MPRA Paper 24896, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Barry & Lesley Tilson & Máirín Ryan, 2004. "Pricing and reimbursement of drugs in Ireland," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 5(2), pages 190-194, May.
- Brick, Aoife & Nolan, Anne, 2010. "The Sustainability of Irish Health Expenditure," Papers BP2011/5, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Dag Dalen & Kari Furu & Marilena Locatelli & Steinar Strøm, 2011.
"Generic substitution: micro evidence from register data in Norway,"
The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(1), pages 49-59, February.
- Dalen Gag Morten & Furu Kai & Locatelli Marilena & Strom Steinar, 2009. "Generic substitution. Micro evidence from register data in Norway," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200901, University of Turin.
- Brick, Aoife & Nolan, Anne & O'Reilly, Jacqueline & Smith, Samantha, 2010. "Resource Allocation, Financing and Sustainability in the Health Sector," Papers RB2010/3/1, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Valérie Paris & Elizabeth Docteur, 2008. "Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies in Germany," OECD Health Working Papers 39, OECD Publishing.
- Paul Gorecki, 2011. "Do you believe in magic? Improving the quality of pharmacy services through restricting entry and aspirational contracts, the Irish experience," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 12(6), pages 521-531, December.
- Delnoij, Diana & Brenner, Gerhard, 2000. "Importing budget systems from other countries: what can we learn from the German drug budget and the British GP fundholding?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 157-169, July.
- Lambrelli, Dimitra & O'Donnell, Owen, 2011. "The impotence of price controls: Failed attempts to constrain pharmaceutical expenditures in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 162-171, July.
- Frank Windmeijer & Eric de Laat & Rudy Douven & Esther Mot, 2006.
"Pharmaceutical promotion and GP prescription behaviour,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 5-18, January.
- Eric de Laat & Rudy Douven & Esther Mot & F. Windmeijer, 2004. "Pharmaceutical promotion and GP prescription behaviour," CPB Discussion Paper 30.rdf, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- repec:esr:chaptr:jacb201058 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lundin, Douglas, 2000. "Moral hazard in physician prescription behavior," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 639-662, September.
- Croxson, B. & Propper, C. & Perkins, A., 2001. "Do doctors respond to financial incentives? UK family doctors and the GP fundholder scheme," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 375-398, February.
- Paraponaris, A. & Verger, P. & Desquins, B. & Villani, P. & Bouvenot, G. & Rochaix, L. & Gourheux, J. C. & Moatti, J. P. AU -, 2004. "Delivering generics without regulatory incentives?: Empirical evidence from French general practitioners about willingness to prescribe international non-proprietary names," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 23-32, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Layte & Anne Nolan, 2015. "Income-related inequity in the use of GP services by children: a comparison of Ireland and Scotland," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 16(5), pages 489-506, June.
- Duffy, David & Durkan, Joe & Casey, Eddie, 2012. "Quarterly Economic Commentary, Summer 2012," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number QEC20122, October.
- Dunne, Suzanne & Shannon, Bill & Hannigan, Ailish & Dunne, Colum & Cullen, Walter, 2014. "Physician and pharmacist perceptions of generic medicines: What they think and how they differ," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 214-223.
- Aoife Brick & Anne Nolan & Jacqueline O’Reilly & Samantha Smith, 2012. "Conflicting Financial Incentives in the Irish Health-Care System," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(2), pages 273-301.
- Layte, Richard & Nolan, Anne, 2013. "Income-Related Inequity in the Use of GP Services: A Comparison of Ireland and Scotland," Papers WP454, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Martin Kenneally & Brenda Lynch, 2018. "Ageing, health status and coverage rate effects on community prescription costs in Ireland," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 19(5), pages 687-695, June.
- Gorecki, Paul, 2017. "The savings from the 2016-2020 Framework Agreement on the Supply and Pricing of Medicines in Ireland: which counterfactual?," MPRA Paper 79481, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paul K. Gorecki, 2017. "Availability and Pricing New Medicines in Ireland: Reflections and Reform," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 35(10), pages 981-987, October.
- A. ConwayLenihan & S. Ahern & S. Moore & J. Cronin & N. Woods, 2016. "Factors influencing the variation in GMS prescribing expenditure in Ireland," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-8, December.
- Duffy, David & Durkan, Joe & O'Sullivan, Cormac, 2012. "Quarterly Economic Commentary, Winter 2011/Spring 2012," Forecasting Report, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number QEC20121, October.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:resser:rs24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.