Modelling Individual Patient Hospital Expenditure for General Practice Budgets
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Propper, Carol & Croxson, Bronwyn & Shearer, Arran, 2002.
"Waiting times for hospital admissions: the impact of GP fundholding,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 227-252, March.
- Croxson, Bronwyn & Propper, Carol & Shearer, Arran, 2000. "Waiting Times for Hospital Admissions: the Impact of GP Fundholding," CEPR Discussion Papers 2489, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Manning, Willard G., 1998. "The logged dependent variable, heteroscedasticity, and the retransformation problem," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 283-295, June.
- Mullahy, John, 1998. "Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 247-281, June.
- Peter C. Smith & Nigel Rice & Roy Carr-Hill, 2001. "Capitation funding in the public sector," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 217-257.
- Mark Dusheiko & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs & Peter C Smith, "undated".
"The Effect of Budgets on Doctor Behaviour: Evidence From A Natural Experiment,"
03/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- Mark Dusheiko & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs & Peter Smith, 2003. "The Effects of Budgets on Doctors Behaviour: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 03/064, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006.
"The Log of Gravity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 641-658, November.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roy Carr-Hill & Geoffrey Hardman & Stephen Martin & Stuart Peacock & Trevor Sheldon & Peter Smith, 1994. "A formula for distributing NHS revenues based on small area use of hospital beds," Working Papers 022cheop, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Blough, David K. & Madden, Carolyn W. & Hornbrook, Mark C., 1999. "Modeling risk using generalized linear models," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 153-171, April.
- Croxson, B. & Propper, C. & Perkins, A., 2001. "Do doctors respond to financial incentives? UK family doctors and the GP fundholder scheme," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 375-398, February.
- Mark Dusheiko & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs, 2004. "The effect of practice budgets on patient waiting times: allowing for selection bias," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(10), pages 941-958.
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark Dusheiko & Maria Goddard & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs, 2008. "Explaining trends in concentration of healthcare commissioning in the English NHS," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(8), pages 907-926.
- Buntin, Melinda Beeuwkes & Zaslavsky, Alan M., 2004. "Too much ado about two-part models and transformation?: Comparing methods of modeling Medicare expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 525-542, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brilleman, Samuel L. & Gravelle, Hugh & Hollinghurst, Sandra & Purdy, Sarah & Salisbury, Chris & Windmeijer, Frank, 2014. "Keep it simple? Predicting primary health care costs with clinical morbidity measures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 109-122.
- Samuel L Brilleman & Hugh Gravelle & Sandra Hollinghurst & Sarah Purdy & Chris Salisbury & Frank Windmeijer, 2011. "Keep it Simple? Predicting Primary Health Care Costs with Measures of Morbidity and Multimorbidity," Working Papers 072cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Jing Chen & Randall P. Ellis & Katherine H. Toro & Arlene S. Ash, 2015. "Mispricing in Medicare Advantage Risk Adjustment," Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series wp2015-020, Boston University - Department of Economics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:chy:respap:73cherp. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gill Forder). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/chyoruk.html .