Importing budget systems from other countries: what can we learn from the German drug budget and the British GP fundholding?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Saltman, Richard B., 1997. "The context for health reform in the United Kingdom, Sweden, Germany, and the United States," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages 9-26, September.
- Vohlonen, Ilkka & Pekurinen, Markku & Saltman, Richard B., 1989. "Re-organizing primary medical care in Finland: The personal doctor program," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 65-79, October.
- Gosden, Toby & Torgerson, David J., 1997. "The effect of fundholding on prescribing and referral costs: a review of the evidence," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 103-114, May.
- Wilson, Robert P. H. & Hatcher, Juanita & Barton, Stuart & Walley, Tom, 1997. "General practice fundholders' prescribing savings in one region of the United Kingdom, 1991-1994," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 29-37, October.
- Kamke, Kerstin, 1998. "The German health care system and health care reform," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 171-194, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riise, Julie & Hole, Arne Risa & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Skåtun, Diane, 2016.
"GPs' implicit prioritization through clinical choices – evidence from three national health services,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 169-183.
- Riise, Julie & Hole, Arne Risa & Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Skåtun, Diane, 2015. "GPs’ implicit prioritization through clinical choices – evidence from three national health services," Working Papers in Economics 02/15, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Bergstrom, Gina & Karlberg, Ingvar, 2007. "Decentralized responsibility for costs of outpatient prescription pharmaceuticals in Sweden: Assessment of models for decentralized financing of subsidies from a management perspective," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(2-3), pages 358-367, May.
- Kwon, Hye-Young & Bae, Seungjin & Choi, Sang-eun & Park, Sylvia & Lee, Eui-Kyung & Park, Sungmin & Kim, Jinhyun, 2019. "Easy cuts, easy rebound: Drug expenditures with massive price cuts in Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(4), pages 388-392.
- Kwon, Hye-Young & Hong, Ji-Min & Godman, Brian & Yang, Bong-Min, 2013. "Price cuts and drug spending in South Korea: The case of antihyperlipidemic agents," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(3), pages 217-226.
- Park, Sun-Young & Han, Euna & Kim, Jini & Lee, Eui-Kyung, 2016. "Factors influencing the difference between forecasted and actual drug sales volumes under the price–volume agreement in South Korea," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(8), pages 867-874.
- Ruof, Jorg & Mittendorf, Thomas & Pirk, Olaf & Graf von der Schulenburg, J. -Matthias, 2002. "Diffusion of innovations: treatment of Alzheimer's disease in Germany," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 59-66, April.
- Kim Olsen & Dorte Gyrd-Hansen & Andreas Boegh & Sofie Hansen, 2009. "GPs as citizens’ agents: prescription behavior and altruism," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 10(4), pages 399-407, October.
- Gorecki, Paul K. & Nolan, Anne & Brick, Aoife & Lyons, Seán, 2012. "Pharmaceuticals Delivery in Ireland. Getting a Bigger Bang for the Buck," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS24, January.
- Paraponaris, A. & Verger, P. & Desquins, B. & Villani, P. & Bouvenot, G. & Rochaix, L. & Gourheux, J. C. & Moatti, J. P. AU -, 2004. "Delivering generics without regulatory incentives?: Empirical evidence from French general practitioners about willingness to prescribe international non-proprietary names," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 23-32, October.
- Whynes, David K. & Baines, Darrin L., 2002. "Primary care physicians' attitudes to health care reform in England," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 111-132, May.
- Hayen, A.P. & van den Berg, M.J. & Meijboom, B.R. & Struijs, J.N. & Westert, G.P., 2015. "Incorporating shared savings programs into primary care : From theory to practice," Other publications TiSEM 2e26be96-1dc3-41fe-8dc9-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Brick, Aoife & Gorecki, Paul K. & Nolan, Anne, 2013. "Ireland: Pharmaceutical Prices, Prescribing Practices and Usage of Generics in a Comparative Context," Research Series, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI), number RS32, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:52:y:2000:i:3:p:157-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.