Systematic review of factors affecting pharmaceutical expenditures
To systematically identify the main factors contributing to the increase in pharmaceutical expenditures.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ulf-G Gerdtham & Magnus Johannesson & Bo Gunnarsson & Margareta Marcusson & Freddie Henriksson, 1998. "Price Indices of Drugs and the Switching to New Drugs: Two Empirical Examples," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 13(1 Part 1), pages 71-80.
- Lisa L. Ioannides-Demos & Joseph E. Ibrahim & John J. McNeil, 2002. "Reference-Based Pricing Schemes: Effect on Pharmaceutical Expenditure, Resource Utilisation and Health Outcomes," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 20(9), pages 577-591.
- Ulf-G. Gerdtham & Douglas Lundin, 2004. "Why Did Drug Spending Increase During the 1990s?: A Decomposition Based on Swedish Data," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 22(1), pages 29-42.
- Bong-Min Yang, 2009. "The Future of Health Technology Assessment in Healthcare Decision Making in Asia," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 27(11), pages 891-901.
- Ljungkvist, Mats-Olof & Andersson, David & Gunnarsson, Bo, 1997. "Cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S55-S69, September.
- Owen F. Humpage, 2008. "Rising relative prices or inflation: why knowing the difference matters," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jun.
- Michael Dickson & Heinz Redwood, 1998. "Pharmaceutical Reference Prices: How do They Work in Practice?," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 14(5), pages 471-479.
- Basu, Anirban & Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J., 2011.
"The impact of comparative effectiveness research on health and health care spending,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 695-706, July.
- Anirban Basu & Tomas J. Philipson, 2010. "The Impact of Comparative Effectiveness Research on Health and Health Care Spending," NBER Working Papers 15633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve, 2009. "Chronic catastrophes: Exploring the concentration and sustained nature of ambulatory prescription drug expenditures in the population of British Columbia, Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 919-924, March.
- Van Tielen, Rudy & Peys, Frank & Genaert, Jean, 1998. "The demographic impact on ambulatory pharmaceutical expenditure in Belgium," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-14, July.
- Philippe Cavalié, 2003. "Is therapeutic innovation responsible for the increase in drug expenditure?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 4(3), pages 184-194, September.
- Schneeweiss, Sebastian, 2007. "Reference drug programs: Effectiveness and policy implications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 17-28, April.
- Donald Vandegrift & Anusua Datta, 2006. "Prescription Drug Expenditures in the United States: The Effects of Obesity, Demographics, and New Pharmaceutical Products," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 515–529, October.
- Ulf-G. Gerdtham & Magnus Johannesson & Bo Gunnarsson & Margareta Marcusson & Freddie Henriksson, 1998. "The Effect of Changes in Treatment Patterns on Drug Expenditure," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 13(1 Part 2), pages 127-134.
- Silvia M. Ess & Sebastian Schneeweiss & Thomas D. Szucs, 2003. "European Healthcare Policies for Controlling Drug Expenditure," PharmacoEconomics, Springer Healthcare | Adis, vol. 21(2), pages 89-103.
- Noyce, Peter R. & Huttin, Christine & Atella, Vicenzo & Brenner, Gerhard & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Hedvall, Maj-Britt & Mechtler, Reli, 2000. "The cost of prescription medicines to patients," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 129-145, June.
- Daniella Perlroth & Dana Goldman & Alan Garber, 2010. "The potential impact of comparative effectiveness research on U.S. Health Care expenditures," Demography, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages S173-S190, March.
- Burstall, Michael L., 1997. "The management of the cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S27-S43, September.
- Lopez-Casasnovas, Guillem & Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2000. "Review of the literature on reference pricing," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 87-123, November.
- Giuliani, Giovanni & Selke, Gisbert & Garattini, Livio, 1998. "The German experience in reference pricing," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 73-85, April.
- Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L., 2004. "Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 299-307, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:116:y:2014:i:2:p:137-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.