Systematic review of factors affecting pharmaceutical expenditures
To systematically identify the main factors contributing to the increase in pharmaceutical expenditures.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Guillem López & Jaume Puig, 1999.
"Review of the literature on reference pricing,"
Working Papers, Research Center on Health and Economics
362, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:13:y:1998:i:1-part-1:p:71-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burstall, Michael L., 1997. "The management of the cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in the United Kingdom," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S27-S43, September.
- Basu, Anirban & Jena, Anupam B. & Philipson, Tomas J., 2011.
"The impact of comparative effectiveness research on health and health care spending,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 695-706, July.
- Anirban Basu & Tomas J. Philipson, 2010. "The Impact of Comparative Effectiveness Research on Health and Health Care Spending," NBER Working Papers 15633, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Donald Vandegrift & Anusua Datta, 2006. "Prescription Drug Expenditures in the United States: The Effects of Obesity, Demographics, and New Pharmaceutical Products," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 515–529, October.
- Ljungkvist, Mats-Olof & Andersson, David & Gunnarsson, Bo, 1997. "Cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages S55-S69, September.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:27:y:2009:i:11:p:891-901 is not listed on IDEAS
- Van Tielen, Rudy & Peys, Frank & Genaert, Jean, 1998. "The demographic impact on ambulatory pharmaceutical expenditure in Belgium," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 1-14, July.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:13:y:1998:i:1-part-2:p:127-134 is not listed on IDEAS
- Owen F. Humpage, 2008. "Rising relative prices or inflation: why knowing the difference matters," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Jun.
- Philippe Cavalié, 2003. "Is therapeutic innovation responsible for the increase in drug expenditure?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 4(3), pages 184-194, September.
- Noyce, Peter R. & Huttin, Christine & Atella, Vicenzo & Brenner, Gerhard & Haaijer-Ruskamp, Flora M. & Hedvall, Maj-Britt & Mechtler, Reli, 2000. "The cost of prescription medicines to patients," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 129-145, June.
- Schneeweiss, Sebastian, 2007. "Reference drug programs: Effectiveness and policy implications," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 17-28, April.
- Giuliani, Giovanni & Selke, Gisbert & Garattini, Livio, 1998. "The German experience in reference pricing," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 73-85, April.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:20:y:2002:i:9:p:577-591 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:pharme:v:21:y:2003:i:2:p:89-103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Daniella Perlroth & Dana Goldman & Alan Garber, 2010. "The potential impact of comparative effectiveness research on U.S. Health Care expenditures," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 47(1), pages S173-S190, March.
- Hanley, Gillian E. & Morgan, Steve, 2009. "Chronic catastrophes: Exploring the concentration and sustained nature of ambulatory prescription drug expenditures in the population of British Columbia, Canada," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(5), pages 919-924, March.
- repec:spr:pharme:v:22:y:2004:i:1:p:29-42 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:pharme:v:14:y:1998:i:5:p:471-479 is not listed on IDEAS
- Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L., 2004. "Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 299-307, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:116:y:2014:i:2:p:137-146. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)or ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.