Impact of a generic substitution reform on patients' and society's expenditure for pharmaceuticals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Puig-Junoy, Jaume, 2004. "Incentives and pharmaceutical reimbursement reforms in Spain," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 149-165, February.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2004.
"Co-payments for prescription drugs and the demand for doctor visits - Evidence from a natural experiment,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(11), pages 1081-1089.
- Rainer Winkelmann, 2003. "Co-Payments for Prescription Drugs and the Demand for Doctor Visits - Evidence from a Natural Experiment," SOI - Working Papers 0307, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Ghislandi, Simone & Krulichova, Iva & Garattini, Livio, 2005. "Pharmaceutical policy in Italy: towards a structural change?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 53-63, April.
- Andersson, Karolina & Petzold, Max Gustav & Sonesson, Christian & Lonnroth, Knut & Carlsten, Anders, 2006. "Do policy changes in the pharmaceutical reimbursement schedule affect drug expenditures?: Interrupted time series analysis of cost, volume and cost per volume trends in Sweden 1986-2002," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 79(2-3), pages 231-243, December.
- Giuliani, Giovanni & Selke, Gisbert & Garattini, Livio, 1998. "The German experience in reference pricing," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 73-85, April.
- Fattore, Giovanni & Jommi, Claudio, 1998. "The new pharmaceutical policy in Italy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 21-41, October.
- David Granlund & Niklas Rudholm & Magnus Wikström, 2006.
"Fixed budgets as a cost containment measure for pharmaceuticals,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 7(1), pages 37-45, March.
- Granlund, David & Rudholm, Niklas & Wikström, Magnus, 2004. "Fixed Budgets as a Cost Containment Measure for Pharmaceuticals," Umeå Economic Studies 639, Umeå University, Department of Economics.
- Garattini, Livio & Tediosi, Fabrizio, 2000. "A comparative analysis of generics markets in five European countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 149-162, April.
- Drummond, Michael & Jonsson, Bengt & Rutten, Frans, 1997. "The role of economic evaluation in the pricing and reimbursement of medicines," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 199-215, June.
- Schneeweiss, Sebastian & Schoffski, Oliver & Selke, Gisbert W, 1998. "What is Germany's experience on reference based drug pricing and the etiology of adverse health outcomes or substitution?," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 253-260, June.
- Morgan, Steven G. & Agnew, Jonathan D. & Barer, Morris L., 2004. "Seniors' prescription drug cost inflation and cost containment: evidence from British Columbia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 299-307, June.
- Liu, Shuen-Zen & Romeis, James C., 2004. "Changes in drug utilization following the outpatient prescription drug cost-sharing program--evidence from Taiwan's elderly," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 277-287, June.
- Ljungkvist, Mats-Olof & Andersson, David & Gunnarsson, Bo, 1997. "Cost and utilisation of pharmaceuticals in Sweden," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(Supplemen), pages 55-69, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:aea:aejpol:v:9:y:2017:i:2:p:91-123 is not listed on IDEAS
- Georg Heinze & Milan Hronsky & Berthold Reichardt & Christoph Baumgärtel & Marcus Müllner & Anna Bucsics & Wolfgang Winkelmayer, 2015. "Potential Savings in Prescription Drug Costs for Hypertension, Hyperlipidemia, and Diabetes Mellitus by Equivalent Drug Substitution in Austria: A Nationwide Cohort Study," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 193-205, April.
- Leemore Dafny & Christopher Ody & Matthew Schmitt, 2016. "When Discounts Raise Costs: The Effect of Copay Coupons on Generic Utilization," NBER Working Papers 22745, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Granlund, David, 2010. "Price and welfare effects of a pharmaceutical substitution reform," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 856-865, December.
- Guhl, Dennis & Stargardt, Tom & Schneider, Udo & Fischer, Katharina E., 2016. "Dispensing behaviour of pharmacies in prescription drug markets," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 120(2), pages 190-197.
- Maurus Rischatsch & Maria Trottmann & Peter Zweifel, 2013. "Generic substitution, financial interests, and imperfect agency," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 115-138, June.
- Skaltsas, Leonora N. & Vasileiou, Konstantinos Z., 2015. "Patients’ perceptions of generic drugs in Greece," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 119(11), pages 1406-1414.
- Burapadaja, Siriporn & Kawasaki, Naohito & Charumanee, Suporn & Ogata, Fumihiko, 2007. "Effects of essential medicines on cardiovascular products available for the market in Thailand," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 67-74, November.
- Chong, Chee Ping & March, Geoff & Clark, Alice & Gilbert, Andrew & Hassali, Mohamed Azmi & Bahari, Mohd Baidi, 2011. "A nationwide study on generic medicines substitution practices of Australian community pharmacists and patient acceptance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(2), pages 139-148, February.
- Timonen, Johanna & Karttunen, Pekka & Bengtström, Marina & Ahonen, Riitta, 2009. "The impact of generic substitution on the turnover and gross margin of pharmaceutical companies a survey 1 year and 5 years after the introduction of generic substitution in Finland," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(2-3), pages 116-123, October.
- repec:fan:mcmcmc:v:html10.3280/mc2017-001009 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel, Lorena San & Augustin, Uta & Busse, Reinhard & Knai, Cécile & Rubert, Gloria & Sihvo, Sinikka & Baeten, Rita, 2014. "Recognition of pharmaceutical prescriptions across the European Union: A comparison of five Member States’ policies and practices," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 206-213.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:81:y:2007:i:2-3:p:376-384. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .