February 1997, Volume 39, Issue 2
January 1997, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 1-4 Outcomes--an introduction
by Mooney, Gavin & Leeder, Stephen & Blyth, Fiona
- 5-15 Health outcomes are about choices and values: an economic perspective on the health outcomes movement
by Shiell, Alan
- 17-27 Health outcomes and infectious disease control
by Plant, Aileen J. & Rushworth, R. Louise
- 29-42 Multiplying Health Gains: the critical role of capacity-building within health promotion programs
by Hawe, Penelope & Noort, Michelle & King, Lesley & Jordens, Christopher
- 43-53 Caring: the neglected health outcome? or input?
by Wiseman, Virginia
- 55-68 When outcomes threaten incomes: a case study of the obstruction of research to reduce teenage smoking
by Chapman, Simon
- 69-78 Outcomes-based resource allocation for indigenous health services: a model for Northern Australia?
by McDermott, Robyn & Beaver, Carol & Zhao, Yuejen
- 79-87 Vertical equity: weighting outcomes? or establishing procedures?
by Mooney, Gavin & Jan, Stephen
December 1996, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 135-153 ProMED global monitoring of emerging diseases: design for a demonstration program
by Morse, Stephen S. & Rosenberg, Barbara Hatch & Woodall, Jack AU -
- 155-171 Is community financing necessary and feasible for rural China?
by Liu, Yuanli & Hu, Shanlian & Fu, Wei & Hsiao, William C.
- 173-187 Aid coordination for health sector reform: a conceptual framework for analysis and assessment
by Buse, Kent & Walt, Gill
- 189-203 Modelling valuations for health states: the effect of duration
by Dolan, Paul
- 205-207 Australia's Welfare & Services Assistance : Australian Institute of Health & Welfare, Canberra, 414 pp., 1995, A$ 35.00 ISBN 0-644-35939-0
by Liveris, Mark
November 1996, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 71-81 Are decisions taken by health care professionals rational? A non systematic review of experimental and quasi experimental literature
by Freemantle, Nick
- 83-100 Group living for elderly patients with dementia -- A cost analysis
by Svensson, Marianne & Edebalk, Per Gunnar & Persson, Ulf
- 101-115 The cost-effectiveness of mammography screening: evidence from a microsimulation model for New Zealand
by Szeto, Kam Leong & Devlin, Nancy J.
- 117-128 The costs of nursing turnover: evidence from the British National Health Service
by Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L. & Normand, Charles
- 129-131 Mortality trends and health policy in the Scandinavian countries. Surveillance of mortality in the Scandinavian countries 1947-1993 : A. Haro 342 pp., The Social Insurance Institution, Finland, Helsinki, 1995, ISBN 951-669-392-X
by Salmela, Reijo
- 131-132 Sociologie de la Maladie et de la Medecine : Philippe Adam & Claudine Herzlich Editions Nathan, Paris, 1994, ISBN 2-09-190646-8
by Defever, Mia
- 132-133 Social indicators of development : 397 pp., The World Bank, Washington DC, 1996 ISBN 0-8018-5274-9
by Kesteloot, Hugo
October 1996, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-11 The use of the waiting list in a fair selection of patients for nursing home care
by Meiland, Franka J. M. & Danse, Jos A. C. & Hoos, Aloysia M. & Wendte, Johannes F. & Gunning-Schepers, Louise J.
- 13-29 Reforming China's 50 000 township hospitals--effectiveness, challenges and opportunities
by Liu, Xingzhu & Xu, Lingzhong & Wang, Shuhong
- 31-43 Health care and income distribution in Finland
by Klavus, Jan & Hakkinen, Unto
- 45-65 Economic analysis at the global level: a resource requirement model for HIV prevention in developing countries
by Broomberg, Jonathan & Soderlund, Neil & Mills, Anne
- 67-68 Public spending and the poor. theory and evidence : D. van de Walle & K. Nead (Eds.) Published for the World Bank, The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 619 pp., 1995 ISBN 0-8018-5255-2
by Jain, Sagar C.
- 68-69 The Proceedings of a Symposium held on the 22nd June 1994, London : A. Towse (Ed.) Office of Health Economics, London, 105 pp., 1995
by Pinto, F. J.
September 1996, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 139-152 Panellist consistency in the assessment of medical appropriateness
by McDonnell, Joseph & Meijler, Annejet & Kahan, James P. & Bernstein, Steven J. & Rigter, Henk
- 153-161 The economics of ageing: on the attitude of Swedish people to the distribution of health care resources between the young and the old
by Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov
- 163-183 Making cost assessments based on RCTs more useful to decision-makers
by Baltussen, Rob & Ament, Andre & Leidl, Reiner
- 185-198 Clinical practice, ethics and economics: the physician at the crossroads
by Lazaro, Pablo & Azcona, Barbara
- 199-201 Incorporating quality of life changes into economic evaluations of health care
by McKenna, Stephen
- 201-204 The authors reply
by Blumenschein, K. & Johannesson, M.
- 205-206 Quality management in health care : L. Wilson and P. Goldschmidt 732pp., McGraw Hill, Sydney, 1995, US$ 99.95. ISBN 0-07-470247-5
by Vleugels, A.
- 206-207 A world growing old. The coming health care challenges : D. Callahan, R.H.J. ter Meulen, E. Topinkova (Eds.) 175 pp., Georgetown University Press, Washington, 1995, USD$ 42.50. IBSN 0-87840-591-7
by de Casterle, B. Dierckx
August 1996, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 75-90 Informed choice? Health service quality and outcome information for patients
by Ovretveit, John
- 91-104 Diffusion of six surgical endoscopic procedures in the Netherlands. Stimulating and restraining factors
by Dirksen, Carmen D. & Ament, AndreJ. H. & Go, Peter M. N.
- 105-115 Is Regret Theory an alternative basis for estimating the value of healthcare interventions?
by Smith, Richard David
- 117-135 Preventing sudden infant deaths -- the slow diffusion of an idea
by McKee, Martin & Fulop, Naomi & Bouvier, Paul & Hort, Angela & Brand, Helmut & Rasmussen, Finn & Kohler, Lennart & Varasovszky, Zsuzsa & Rosdahl, Nils
July 1996, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-18 Socioeconomic differences in the utilization of health services in a Dutch population: the contribution of health status
by van der Meer, Joost B. W. & van den Bos, Johannes & Mackenbach, Johan P.
- 19-33 The monopolistic integrated model and health care reform: the Swedish experience
by Anell, Anders
- 35-52 Severity of a case for outcome assessment in health care -- definitions and classifications of instruments
by Almeida, Rosimary T. & Carlsson, Per
- 53-72 EuroQol: the current state of play
by Brooks, Richard AU -
- 73-74 Diseases of the Prostate : N. Marchant Office of Health Economics, London, 76 pp., STG[pound sign]7.50, 1995 ISBN 0473-8837
by Baert, L.
June 1996, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 215-229 Economic evaluation and health care decision-making
by Rutten, Frans
- 231-244 The willingness to pay for health changes, the human-capital approach and the external costs
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 245-259 Private medicine and socioeconomic differences in the rates of common surgical procedures in Finland
by Keskimaki, Ilmo & Salinto, Marjo & Aro, Seppo
- 261-272 From universalism to selectivity: is `appropriateness' the answer?
by Lazaro, Pablo & Fitch, Kathryn
- 273-289 Labour turnover in the British National Health Service: a local labour market analysis
by Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L.
May 1996, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 103-115 Evaluating the benefits of antenatal screening: an alternative approach
by Shackley, Phil & Cairns, John
- 117-129 Policy relevance of the health expectancy indicator; an inventory in European Union countries
by van de Water, Harry P. A. & Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C.
- 131-153 Informed consent in clinical trials
by Verheggen, Frank W. S. M. & van Wijmen, Frans C. B.
- 155-166 Incorporating quality of life changes into economic evaluations of health care: an overview
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus
- 167-183 Community health promotion: concepts and lessons from contemporary sociology
by Nilsen, Oystein
- 185-197 The assessment of diagnostic imaging technologies: a policy perspective
by Hailey, David & McDonald, Ian
- 199-207 The 1990 GP contract -- meeting needs?
by Silcock, Jonathan & Ratcliffe, Julie
April 1996, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-15 Are waiting lists inevitable?
by Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen
- 17-35 Maximum waiting-time guarantee -- an attempt to reduce waiting lists in Sweden
by Hanning, Marianne
- 37-51 Home care policy in the Netherlands. Reforming legislation to facilitate the provision of multi-disciplinary home care
by van Raak, Arno & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid
- 53-68 A critical review of the remuneration systems for pharmacists
by Huttin, Christine
- 69-81 Appropriateness versus efficiency: the economics of utilisation review
by Coast, Joanna
- 83-98 Predictors of professional and non-professional community care for care-dependent adults
by van Achterberg, Theo & Stevens, Fred C. J. & Crebolder, Harry F. J. M. & Philipsen, Hans
March 1996, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 205-216 An epidemiological approach towards measuring the trade-off between equity and efficiency in health policy
by Lindholm, Lars & Rosen, Mans & Emmelin, Maria
- 217-228 Health policy on bone density measurement technology in Sweden and Australia
by Marshall, Deborah & Hailey, David & Jonsson, Egon
- 229-245 Financing the World Health Organisation: global importance of extrabudgetary funds
by Vaughan, J. Patrick & Mogedal, Sigrun & Kruse, Stein-Erik & Lee, Kelley & Walt, Gill & de Wilde, Koen
- 247-265 The ambiguous relationship between practice variation and appropriateness of care: an agenda for further research
by Casparie, Anton F.
- 267-277 An assessment of intraoperative radiotherapy
by Patterson, Cath & Hailey, David
- 279-292 Managed markets in health care: the UK experiment
by Ham, Chris
- 293-294 Wrong medicine, doctors, patients, and futile treatment : L. Schneiderman, N. Jecker John Hopkins University Press, 1995, 200 pp., US$25.95. ISBN 0-8018-5036-3
by Borghgraef, R.
- 294-296 Valming health for policy. An economic approach : G. Tolley, D. Kenkel, R. Fabian The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 422 pp., 1994, US$74.75. ISBN 0-226-80713-4
by McKenna, S.
February 1996, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 107-121 Translating clinical practice into health policy: an example from China
by Peabody, John W. & Hesketh, Therese M. & Steinberg, Paul S.
- 123-143 Costs, effects and cost-effectiveness analysis of a mobile maternal health care service in West Kiang, The Gambia
by Fox-Rushby, Julia A. & Foord, Frances
- 145-154 The cost of cataract surgery in a public health eye care program in Nepal
by Marseille, Elliot & Gilbert, Suzanne
- 155-177 Public autonomous hospitals in sub-Saharan Africa: trends and issues
by McPake, Barbara Isobel
- 179-187 Predicting effects of minimal invasive therapy
by Bloom, Bernard S. & Fendrick, A. Mark & McLane, Clyde
- 189-204 Physician volume response to price controls
by Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen
January 1996, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-11 Transfer of DNA tests from research to routine laboratories: some lessons from the French experience in the case of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
by Hirtzlin, Isabelle
- 13-32 Lifetime hospitalization profiles for symptomatic, HIV-infected persons
by Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Luijben, August H. P. & Postma, Maarten J. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Schrijvers, August J. P. & Jager, Johannes C.
- 33-52 Regulating healthcare technologies and medical supplies in the European Economic Erea
by Altenstetter, Christa
- 53-59 Complex decisions about an uncomplicated therapy: reimbursement for long-term oxygen therapy in Catalonia (Spain)
by Borras, Josep M. & Granados, Alicia & Escarrabill, Joan & de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 61-73 Costs of mental illness in Britain
by Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken
- 75-93 Beyond the public-private debate: the mixed economy of health
by Ovretveit, John
- 95-96 Communication for health and behavior change. A developing country perspective : J. Graeff, J. Elder, E. Mills Booth A Publication of the HEALTHCOM Project, Academy for Educational Development, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, 204 pp., US$23.95, 1993, ISBN 1-55542-585-2
by Schwarz, Alberto
- 97-96 Beyond the crisis. Preserving the capacity for excellence in health care and medical science : H. Greenberg, S. Raymond (Eds.) The New York Academy of Sciences, New York, 198 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-89766-901-0
by Dunning, D.
December 1995, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 153-166 Evaluation of diffuse technologies: the case of digital imaging networks
by Keen, Justin & Bryan, Stirling & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 167-192 Dissemination of effectiveness and outcomes research
by Kanouse, David E. & Kallich, Joel D. & Kahan, James P.
- 193-204 Accreditation: what can we learn from the Anglophone model?
by Scrivens, Ellie E. J. & Klein, Rudolf & Steiner, Andrea
- 205-220 Incentives and financing methods
by Monrad Aas, I. H.
November 1995, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 79-94 Who cares about cost? Does economic analysis impose or reflect social values?
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 95-112 More effective and less expensive: lessons from five studies examining community approaches to care
by Browne, Gina & Roberts, Jacqueline & Gafni, Amiram & Weir, Robin & Watt, Susan & Byrne, Carolyn
- 113-134 Hospital payment arrangements to encourage efficiency: the case of Victoria, Australia
by Duckett, Stephen J.
- 135-143 Value for money? A contingent valuation study of the optimal size of the Swedish health care budget
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Tambour, Magnus & Zethraeus, Niklas
- 145-151 The efficacy and equity of retransplantation: an experimental survey of public attitudes
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
October 1995, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-7 Health care reforms: the unfinished agenda
by Defever, Mia
- 9-19 Measuring human betterment through avoidable mortality: a case for universal health care in the USA
by Hisnanick, John J. & Coddington, Dale A.
- 21-33 Evaluation and diffusion of excimer laser treatment of myopia in the United States and in the Netherlands
by Vondeling, Hindrik & Rosendal, Henk & Banta, David
- 35-51 A cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer screening: health policy implications
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Holund, Berit & Andersen, Per
- 53-62 Health services financing in Greece: a role for private health insurance
by Liaropoulos, Lycurgus L.
- 63-71 The evolution of heart, lung and liver transplantation services in Australia
by Hirsch, Naarilla & Hailey, David & Martin, Craig
- 73-71 How to investigate drug use in health facilities. Selected drug use indicators : WHO Publications, Geneva, 87 pp., 1993
by Ghei, P.
- 75-76 Alcohol policy and the public good : G. Edwards et al. (Eds.) Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford, 226 pp., STG[pound sign]14.95, 1994 ISBN 0-19-262561-6
by Casselman, J.
- 76-77 The social meaning of midwifery : S. Hung and A. Symonds (Eds.) Macmillan Press, London, 171 pp., STG[pound sign]12.99, 1995 ISBN 0-333-60877-1
by Mathews, D.
- 73-75 Social pharmacy. Innovation and development : G. Hardings, S. Nettleton, K. Taylor (Eds.) The Pharmaceutical Press, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]15.00, 1994 ISBN 0-85369-322-6
by Peys, F.
September 1995, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 169-177 Donor card registration system in Japan: an obstacle to procuring kidneys for transplantation
by Hasegawa, Tomonori & Maeda, Yuko & Yamakawa, Kazuo & Tsuchida, Takashi & Oshima, Shinichi
- 179-190 Economic evaluation of health care and policymaking
by Johnnesson, Magnus
- 191-204 The pursuit of equity: a health sector case study from Vietnam
by Hien, Nguyen Tran & Thu Ha, Le Thi & Rifkin, Susan B. & Wright, E. Pamela
- 205-217 The European health potential: what can we learn from each other?
by Schaapveld, Kees & Chorus, Astrid M. J. & Perenboom, Rom J. M.
- 219-231 Assessment of health producing measures across different sectors
by Drummond, Michael & Stoddart, Greg
- 233-234 Pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals: An evaluation of cost-containment strategies : S. Shulman and L. Lasagna (Guest Editors) Pharmaco Economics, Vol. 6, Suppl. 1, pp. 1-87, 1994, Addis International, Chester ISSN 1170-7690
by Anderson, F.
- 234-236 Coordinating community care. Multidisciplinary teams and care management : J. Ovretveit Open University Press, Buckingham, Philadelphia, 232 pp, STG[pound sign]14.99, 1993 ISBN 0-335-19047-2
by Borgermans, Liesbeth & Abraham, Ivo
- 236-237 Management support for primary health care. A practical guide to management for health centres and local projects : P. Johnstone and J. Ranken FSG Communications Ltd., Cambridge, 186 pp, STG[pound sign]12.00, 1994 ISBN 187118-02-4
by Kigutha, Hilda
- 237-238 Health care, health promotion and the future general practice : D. Taylor and K. Bloor The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, Royal Society of Medicine Press, London, 201 pp, STG[pound sign]12.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85315-243-9
by Vallance-Owen, A. J.
August 1995, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 77-78 Preface
by Donaldson, Cam & Ratcliffe, Julie
- 79-90 Economics, public health and health care purchasing: reinventing the wheel?
by Donaldson, Cam
- 91-105 Programme budgeting and marginal analysis: application within programmes to assist purchasing in Greater Glasgow Health Board
by Twaddle, Sara & Walker, Andrew
- 107-125 Clearing the fog on the Tyne: programme budgeting in Newcastle and North Tyneside Health Authority
by Craig, Neil & Parkin, David & Gerard, Karen
- 127-145 A survivor's guide to programme budgeting
by Brambleby, Peter
- 147-155 Messages from Mid Glamorgan: a multi-programme experiment with marginal analysis
by Cohen, David R.
- 157-160 PBMA--its role in the future purchasing arrangements for health care services
by Wilson, Hamish & Scott, Sheila
- 161-168 Public health and economics in tandem: programme budgeting, marginal analysis and priority setting in practice
by Madden, Lynne & Hussey, Ruth & Mooney, Gavin & Church, Elaine
July 1995, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-14 Health and its determining factors in the Tokyo megacity
by Takeuchi, Sachiko & Takano, Takehito & Nakamura, Keiko
- 15-29 Indirect costs of disease; an international comparison
by van Roijen, Leona & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 31-42 Issues in the evaluation of picture archiving and communication systems
by Bryan, Stirling & Keen, Justin & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 43-57 The reimbursement of the expenses for medical treatment received by `transnational' patients in EU-countries
by Kesteloot, Katrien & Pocceschi, Sabrina & van der Schueren, Emmanuel
- 59-66 A note on the depreciation of the societal perspective in economic evaluation of health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 67-68 Promise and performance in managed care. The prepaid group practive model : D. Freeborn and C. Pope The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 168 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-8018-4819-9
by Brewer, Mrs Wendy
- 68-70 The right medicine. How to make health reform work today : D. Dundiff and M. McCarthy Humana Press, Totowa, New Jersey, 260 pp., U.S. $24.50, 1994 ISBN 089603-284-1
by Altenstetter, Dr C.
- 70-71 Primary health care in an international context : J. Fry and J. Horder The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1994 ISBN 0-900574-90-9
by Bass, Dr M.
1995, Volume 32, Issue 1-3
- 1-1 Acknowledgements
by Berman, Peter
- 3-11 Introduction
by Berman, Peter & Bir, Anupa
- 13-28 Health sector reform: making health development sustainable
by Berman, Peter
- 29-45 Ends and means in public health policy in developing countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey S. & Berman, Peter
- 47-77 The politics of health sector reform in developing countries: three cases of pharmaceutical policy
by Reich, Michael R.
- 79-91 What can developing economies learn from health system reforms of developed economies?
by Chernichovsky, Dov
- 93-109 Towards an analytical approach to health sector reform
by Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 111-123 Cost-effectiveness and the socialization of health care
by Musgrove, Philip
- 125-139 Abnormal economics in the health sector
by Hsiao, William C.
- 141-153 Market reforms in health care and sustainability of the welfare state: lessons from Sweden
by Diderichsen, Finn
- 155-166 Chile's health sector reform: lessons from four reform periods
by de la Jara, Jorge Jimenez & Bossert, Thomas
- 167-180 New methods of financing and managing health care in the Russian Federation
by Sheiman, Igor
- 181-191 Reform of the Chinese health care financing system
by Xing-Yuan, Gu & Sheng-Lan, Tang
- 193-214 Have structural adjustments led to health sector reform in Africa?
by Sahn, David & Bernier, Rene
- 215-243 Health sector reforms in sub-Saharan Africa: lessons of the last 10 years
by Gilson, Lucy & Mills, Anne
- 245-255 Health care reform in Kenya: a review of the process
by Mwabu, Germano
- 257-277 Comprehensive policy analysis for health system reform
by Frenk, Julio
- 279-293 Preconditions for health reform: experiences from the OECD countries
by Schieber, George J.
- 295-306 Data analysis needs for health sector reform
by Walsh, Julia & Simonet, Maryse
March 1995, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 157-169 Health insurance in Russia -- the Kuzbass experience
by Isakova, Ljudmila. E. & Zelckovich, Roman. M. & Frid, Edward. M.
- 171-181 Primary care and health care reform: the need to reflect before reforming
by Maynard, Alan & Bloor, Karen
- 183-195 Evaluating the effects of GP remuneration: problems and prospects
by Scott, Anthony & Hall, Jane
- 197-210 Ethical dilemmas in care for HIV infection among French general practitioners
by Moatti, Jean-Paul & Souville, Marc & Obadia, Yolande & Morina, Michel & Sebbah, Remy & Gamby, Thierry & Gallais, Herve & Gastaut, Jean-Albert
- 211-224 The changing availability of residential aged care in Australia
by Gibson, Diane & Liu, Zhibin & Choi, Ching
- 225-229 On the estimation of cost-effectiveness ratios
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 231-238 Cost-effectiveness league tables: think of the fans
by Drummond, Michael & Mason, James & Torrance, George
- 239-240 Evaluating the NHS reforms : R. Robinson and J. Le Grand (Eds.) King's Fund Institute, Newbury, 288 pp., STG[pound sign]25.00, 1994 ISBN 0-946967-42-3
by Ham, Chris
- 241-242 Institutional strengthening and the development of research capacity in social sciences : L. Manderson (Ed.) Acta Tropica, Elsevier (Special Issue) vol. 57, issue 2/3, pp. 97-238, 1994 ISSN 0001-706X
by Mills, Anne
- 242-243 National health service management in the 1980s. Policy making on the hoof? : S. Harrison (Ed.) Avebury, Aldershot, Hampshire, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]32.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85628-663-0
by Edwards, Brian
February 1995, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 81-101 Negotiating fees for medical specialists in the Netherlands
by Lieverdink, Harm & Maarse, Hans
- 103-110 The use of economic evaluation in health care: Australian decision makers' perceptions
by Ross, Jayne
- 111-125 A critical review of health-related economic evaluations in Australia: implications for health policy
by Salkeld, Glenn & Davey, Peter & Arnolda, Gaston
- 127-150 AIDS scenarios for The Netherlands; the economic impact on hospitals
by Postma, Maarten J. & Jager, Johannes C. & Dijgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Tolley, Keith & Leidl, Reiner M.
- 151-152 Intensive care. Medical ethics and the medical profession : R. Zussman (Ed.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 252 pp., 1992 ISBN 0-226-99635-2
by Borghgraef, R.
- 152-153 Journal of religion in disability and rehabilitation : Inaugural Issue (volume 1 number 1. 1994) The Haworth Pastoral Press, an Imprint of The Haworth Press Inc. ISSN 1059-9258
by Schotsmans, Paul
- 153-155 Strong medicine: How to save Canada's health care system : M. Rachlis and C. Kushner (Eds.) Harper Collins, Toronto, 396 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-00-255281-7
by O'Neill, Michael A.
January 1995, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-16 Managing the medical workforce: time for improvements?
by Maynard, Alan & Walker, Arthur
- 17-27 Handling complaints in hospitals
by van der Wal, Gert & Lens, Peter
- 29-42 Health for all in the Republic of Korea: one country's experience with implementing universal health care
by Peabody, John W. & Lee, Sung-Woo & Bickel, Stephen R.
- 43-52 The place of magnetic resonance imaging in health care
by Hailey, David & Marshall, Deborah
- 53-65 The introduction of deductibles for prescription drugs in a national health insurance: compulsory or voluntary?
by Bakker, F. M. & van Vliet, R. C. J. A.
- 67-68 Key issues in health economics : G. Mooney Harvester Wheatsheaf, New York, 195 pp., US$24.95, 1994 ISBN 0-7450-1013-X
by Kesteloot, K.
- 68-69 The NHS -- A kaleidoscope of care -- Conflicts of service and business values : T. Kember and G. Macpherson The Nuffields Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 364 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-900574-87-9
by Robinson, Ray
- 69-72 The National Health Service. A manager's tale. 1946-1992 : B. Edwards The Nuffields Provincial Hospitals Trust, 208 pp., STG[pound sign]18.50, 1993 ISBN 0-900574-83-6
by Maxwell, Robert J.
1994, Volume 30, Issue 1-3
- 1-21 Health care technology as a policy issue
by Banta, H. David
- 23-72 Health care technology in Australia
by Hailey, David
- 73-122 Health care technology in Canada (with special reference to Quebec)
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Jacob, Robert & Hodge, Matthew J.
- 123-162 Health care technology in France
by Weill, Caroline
- 163-205 Health care technology in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Kirchberger, Stefan
- 207-255 Health care technology in the Netherlands
by Bos, Michael
- 257-294 Health care technology in Sweden
by Jonsson, Egon & Banta, H. David
- 295-334 Health care technology in the United Kingdom
by Spiby, Jackie
- 335-396 Health care technology in the United States
by Tunis, Sean R. & Gelband, Hellen
- 397-421 Lessons from the eight countries
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Banta, H. David & Jonnson, Egon & Hodge, Matthew & Gelband, Hellen
September 1994, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 183-195 The role of national quality registers in the Swedish health service
by Garpenby, Peter & Carlsson, Per
- 197-208 Health care expenditures for the elderly and reforms in the health care system in Japan
by Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 209-227 The economic consequences of malaria for households: a case-study in Nepal
by Mills, Anne
- 229-246 Disability development and the structure of care: some results from simulation of an area-based system of long-term care for elderly people
by Lagergren, Marten
- 247-259 The Chinese medicines market: moving towards a market system?
by Huttin, Christine
- 261-262 Dangerous diagnostics. The social power of biological information : By D. Nelkin and L. Tancredi, (Eds.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 207 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-226-57129-7
by Cassiman, J. J.
1994, Volume 29, Issue 1-2
- 1-3 Introduction to health care reform in New Zealand
by Salmond, George & Mooney, Gavin & Laugesen, Miriam
- 11-23 New Zealand health care: a background
by Laugesen, Miriam & Salmond, George
- 25-40 Reform of the New Zealand health care system
by Scott, Claudia D.
- 41-60 Core services and priority-setting: the New Zealand experience
by Cumming, Jacqueline
- 61-83 Shopping for health: purchasing health services through contracts
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa & Ashton, Toni
- 85-100 New Zealand's health providers in an emerging market
by Malcolm, Laurence & Barnett, Pauline
- 101-112 Disability support services and the reforms
by Carter, Helen
- 113-125 The impact of the new subsidy regime in general practice in New Zealand
by Davis, Peter & Gribben, Barry & Lee, Roy Lay & McAvoy, Brian
- 127-141 Public health and the reforms: the New Zealand experience
by Bandaranayake, Don
- 143-156 Maori health and the health care reforms
by Laing, Patricia & Pomare, Eru
- 157-171 The management of health care: a model of control
by Jacobs, Kerry
- 173-182 A reflection on the New Zealand health care reforms
by Mooney, Gavin & Salmond, George
June 1994, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 181-184 The politics of health care benefits
by Defever, Mia