1996, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 273-289 Labour turnover in the British National Health Service: a local labour market analysis
by Gray, Alastair M. & Phillips, V. L.
1996, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 103-115 Evaluating the benefits of antenatal screening: an alternative approach
by Shackley, Phil & Cairns, John
- 117-129 Policy relevance of the health expectancy indicator; an inventory in European Union countries
by van de Water, Harry P. A. & Perenboom, Rom J. M. & Boshuizen, Hendriek C.
- 131-153 Informed consent in clinical trials
by Verheggen, Frank W. S. M. & van Wijmen, Frans C. B.
- 155-166 Incorporating quality of life changes into economic evaluations of health care: an overview
by Blumenschein, Karen & Johannesson, Magnus
- 167-183 Community health promotion: concepts and lessons from contemporary sociology
by Nilsen, Oystein
- 185-197 The assessment of diagnostic imaging technologies: a policy perspective
by Hailey, David & McDonald, Ian
- 199-207 The 1990 GP contract -- meeting needs?
by Silcock, Jonathan & Ratcliffe, Julie
1996, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-15 Are waiting lists inevitable?
by Street, Andrew & Duckett, Stephen
- 17-35 Maximum waiting-time guarantee -- an attempt to reduce waiting lists in Sweden
by Hanning, Marianne
- 37-51 Home care policy in the Netherlands. Reforming legislation to facilitate the provision of multi-disciplinary home care
by van Raak, Arno & Mur-Veeman, Ingrid
- 53-68 A critical review of the remuneration systems for pharmacists
by Huttin, Christine
- 69-81 Appropriateness versus efficiency: the economics of utilisation review
by Coast, Joanna
- 83-98 Predictors of professional and non-professional community care for care-dependent adults
by van Achterberg, Theo & Stevens, Fred C. J. & Crebolder, Harry F. J. M. & Philipsen, Hans
1996, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 205-216 An epidemiological approach towards measuring the trade-off between equity and efficiency in health policy
by Lindholm, Lars & Rosen, Mans & Emmelin, Maria
- 217-228 Health policy on bone density measurement technology in Sweden and Australia
by Marshall, Deborah & Hailey, David & Jonsson, Egon
- 229-245 Financing the World Health Organisation: global importance of extrabudgetary funds
by Vaughan, J. Patrick & Mogedal, Sigrun & Kruse, Stein-Erik & Lee, Kelley & Walt, Gill & de Wilde, Koen
- 247-265 The ambiguous relationship between practice variation and appropriateness of care: an agenda for further research
by Casparie, Anton F.
- 267-277 An assessment of intraoperative radiotherapy
by Patterson, Cath & Hailey, David
- 279-292 Managed markets in health care: the UK experiment
by Ham, Chris
- 293-294 Wrong medicine, doctors, patients, and futile treatment : L. Schneiderman, N. Jecker John Hopkins University Press, 1995, 200 pp., US$25.95. ISBN 0-8018-5036-3
by Borghgraef, R.
- 294-296 Valming health for policy. An economic approach : G. Tolley, D. Kenkel, R. Fabian The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 422 pp., 1994, US$74.75. ISBN 0-226-80713-4
by McKenna, S.
1996, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 107-121 Translating clinical practice into health policy: an example from China
by Peabody, John W. & Hesketh, Therese M. & Steinberg, Paul S.
- 123-143 Costs, effects and cost-effectiveness analysis of a mobile maternal health care service in West Kiang, The Gambia
by Fox-Rushby, Julia A. & Foord, Frances
- 145-154 The cost of cataract surgery in a public health eye care program in Nepal
by Marseille, Elliot & Gilbert, Suzanne
- 155-177 Public autonomous hospitals in sub-Saharan Africa: trends and issues
by McPake, Barbara Isobel
- 179-187 Predicting effects of minimal invasive therapy
by Bloom, Bernard S. & Fendrick, A. Mark & McLane, Clyde
- 189-204 Physician volume response to price controls
by Nguyen, Xuan Nguyen
1996, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-11 Transfer of DNA tests from research to routine laboratories: some lessons from the French experience in the case of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy
by Hirtzlin, Isabelle
- 13-32 Lifetime hospitalization profiles for symptomatic, HIV-infected persons
by Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Luijben, August H. P. & Postma, Maarten J. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Schrijvers, August J. P. & Jager, Johannes C.
- 33-52 Regulating healthcare technologies and medical supplies in the European Economic Erea
by Altenstetter, Christa
- 53-59 Complex decisions about an uncomplicated therapy: reimbursement for long-term oxygen therapy in Catalonia (Spain)
by Borras, Josep M. & Granados, Alicia & Escarrabill, Joan & de Lissovoy, Gregory
- 61-73 Costs of mental illness in Britain
by Smith, Kirsteen & Wright, Ken
- 75-93 Beyond the public-private debate: the mixed economy of health
by Ovretveit, John
- 95-96 Communication for health and behavior change. A developing country perspective : J. Graeff, J. Elder, E. Mills Booth A Publication of the HEALTHCOM Project, Academy for Educational Development, Jossey-Bass Publishers, San Francisco, 204 pp., US$23.95, 1993, ISBN 1-55542-585-2
by Schwarz, Alberto
- 97-96 Beyond the crisis. Preserving the capacity for excellence in health care and medical science : H. Greenberg, S. Raymond (Eds.) The New York Academy of Sciences, New York, 198 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-89766-901-0
by Dunning, D.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 153-166 Evaluation of diffuse technologies: the case of digital imaging networks
by Keen, Justin & Bryan, Stirling & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 167-192 Dissemination of effectiveness and outcomes research
by Kanouse, David E. & Kallich, Joel D. & Kahan, James P.
- 193-204 Accreditation: what can we learn from the Anglophone model?
by Scrivens, Ellie E. J. & Klein, Rudolf & Steiner, Andrea
- 205-220 Incentives and financing methods
by Monrad Aas, I. H.
1995, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 79-94 Who cares about cost? Does economic analysis impose or reflect social values?
by Nord, Erik & Richardson, Jeff & Street, Andrew & Kuhse, Helga & Singer, Peter
- 95-112 More effective and less expensive: lessons from five studies examining community approaches to care
by Browne, Gina & Roberts, Jacqueline & Gafni, Amiram & Weir, Robin & Watt, Susan & Byrne, Carolyn
- 113-134 Hospital payment arrangements to encourage efficiency: the case of Victoria, Australia
by Duckett, Stephen J.
- 135-143 Value for money? A contingent valuation study of the optimal size of the Swedish health care budget
by Eckerlund, Ingemar & Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Tambour, Magnus & Zethraeus, Niklas
- 145-151 The efficacy and equity of retransplantation: an experimental survey of public attitudes
by Ubel, Peter A. & Loewenstein, George
1995, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-7 Health care reforms: the unfinished agenda
by Defever, Mia
- 9-19 Measuring human betterment through avoidable mortality: a case for universal health care in the USA
by Hisnanick, John J. & Coddington, Dale A.
- 21-33 Evaluation and diffusion of excimer laser treatment of myopia in the United States and in the Netherlands
by Vondeling, Hindrik & Rosendal, Henk & Banta, David
- 35-51 A cost-effectiveness analysis of cervical cancer screening: health policy implications
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Holund, Berit & Andersen, Per
- 53-62 Health services financing in Greece: a role for private health insurance
by Liaropoulos, Lycurgus L.
- 63-71 The evolution of heart, lung and liver transplantation services in Australia
by Hirsch, Naarilla & Hailey, David & Martin, Craig
- 73-71 How to investigate drug use in health facilities. Selected drug use indicators : WHO Publications, Geneva, 87 pp., 1993
by Ghei, P.
- 75-76 Alcohol policy and the public good : G. Edwards et al. (Eds.) Oxford Medical Publications, Oxford, 226 pp., STG[pound sign]14.95, 1994 ISBN 0-19-262561-6
by Casselman, J.
- 76-77 The social meaning of midwifery : S. Hung and A. Symonds (Eds.) Macmillan Press, London, 171 pp., STG[pound sign]12.99, 1995 ISBN 0-333-60877-1
by Mathews, D.
- 73-75 Social pharmacy. Innovation and development : G. Hardings, S. Nettleton, K. Taylor (Eds.) The Pharmaceutical Press, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]15.00, 1994 ISBN 0-85369-322-6
by Peys, F.
1995, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 169-177 Donor card registration system in Japan: an obstacle to procuring kidneys for transplantation
by Hasegawa, Tomonori & Maeda, Yuko & Yamakawa, Kazuo & Tsuchida, Takashi & Oshima, Shinichi
- 179-190 Economic evaluation of health care and policymaking
by Johnnesson, Magnus
- 191-204 The pursuit of equity: a health sector case study from Vietnam
by Hien, Nguyen Tran & Thu Ha, Le Thi & Rifkin, Susan B. & Wright, E. Pamela
- 205-217 The European health potential: what can we learn from each other?
by Schaapveld, Kees & Chorus, Astrid M. J. & Perenboom, Rom J. M.
- 219-231 Assessment of health producing measures across different sectors
by Drummond, Michael & Stoddart, Greg
- 233-234 Pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceuticals: An evaluation of cost-containment strategies : S. Shulman and L. Lasagna (Guest Editors) Pharmaco Economics, Vol. 6, Suppl. 1, pp. 1-87, 1994, Addis International, Chester ISSN 1170-7690
by Anderson, F.
- 234-236 Coordinating community care. Multidisciplinary teams and care management : J. Ovretveit Open University Press, Buckingham, Philadelphia, 232 pp, STG[pound sign]14.99, 1993 ISBN 0-335-19047-2
by Borgermans, Liesbeth & Abraham, Ivo
- 236-237 Management support for primary health care. A practical guide to management for health centres and local projects : P. Johnstone and J. Ranken FSG Communications Ltd., Cambridge, 186 pp, STG[pound sign]12.00, 1994 ISBN 187118-02-4
by Kigutha, Hilda
- 237-238 Health care, health promotion and the future general practice : D. Taylor and K. Bloor The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, Royal Society of Medicine Press, London, 201 pp, STG[pound sign]12.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85315-243-9
by Vallance-Owen, A. J.
1995, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 77-78 Preface
by Donaldson, Cam & Ratcliffe, Julie
- 79-90 Economics, public health and health care purchasing: reinventing the wheel?
by Donaldson, Cam
- 91-105 Programme budgeting and marginal analysis: application within programmes to assist purchasing in Greater Glasgow Health Board
by Twaddle, Sara & Walker, Andrew
- 107-125 Clearing the fog on the Tyne: programme budgeting in Newcastle and North Tyneside Health Authority
by Craig, Neil & Parkin, David & Gerard, Karen
- 127-145 A survivor's guide to programme budgeting
by Brambleby, Peter
- 147-155 Messages from Mid Glamorgan: a multi-programme experiment with marginal analysis
by Cohen, David R.
- 157-160 PBMA--its role in the future purchasing arrangements for health care services
by Wilson, Hamish & Scott, Sheila
- 161-168 Public health and economics in tandem: programme budgeting, marginal analysis and priority setting in practice
by Madden, Lynne & Hussey, Ruth & Mooney, Gavin & Church, Elaine
1995, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-14 Health and its determining factors in the Tokyo megacity
by Takeuchi, Sachiko & Takano, Takehito & Nakamura, Keiko
- 15-29 Indirect costs of disease; an international comparison
by van Roijen, Leona & Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van der Maas, Paul J.
- 31-42 Issues in the evaluation of picture archiving and communication systems
by Bryan, Stirling & Keen, Justin & Muris, Nicole & Weatherburn, Gwyn & Buxton, Martin
- 43-57 The reimbursement of the expenses for medical treatment received by `transnational' patients in EU-countries
by Kesteloot, Katrien & Pocceschi, Sabrina & van der Schueren, Emmanuel
- 59-66 A note on the depreciation of the societal perspective in economic evaluation of health care
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 67-68 Promise and performance in managed care. The prepaid group practive model : D. Freeborn and C. Pope The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, 168 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-8018-4819-9
by Brewer, Mrs Wendy
- 68-70 The right medicine. How to make health reform work today : D. Dundiff and M. McCarthy Humana Press, Totowa, New Jersey, 260 pp., U.S. $24.50, 1994 ISBN 089603-284-1
by Altenstetter, Dr C.
- 70-71 Primary health care in an international context : J. Fry and J. Horder The Nuffield Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 1994 ISBN 0-900574-90-9
by Bass, Dr M.
1995, Volume 32, Issue 1-3
- 1-iii Acknowledgements
by Berman, Peter
- 3-11 Introduction
by Berman, Peter & Bir, Anupa
- 13-28 Health sector reform: making health development sustainable
by Berman, Peter
- 29-45 Ends and means in public health policy in developing countries
by Hammer, Jeffrey S. & Berman, Peter
- 47-77 The politics of health sector reform in developing countries: three cases of pharmaceutical policy
by Reich, Michael R.
- 79-91 What can developing economies learn from health system reforms of developed economies?
by Chernichovsky, Dov
- 93-109 Towards an analytical approach to health sector reform
by Murray, Christopher J. L.
- 111-123 Cost-effectiveness and the socialization of health care
by Musgrove, Philip
- 125-139 Abnormal economics in the health sector
by Hsiao, William C.
- 141-153 Market reforms in health care and sustainability of the welfare state: lessons from Sweden
by Diderichsen, Finn
- 155-166 Chile's health sector reform: lessons from four reform periods
by de la Jara, Jorge Jimenez & Bossert, Thomas
- 167-180 New methods of financing and managing health care in the Russian Federation
by Sheiman, Igor
- 181-191 Reform of the Chinese health care financing system
by Xing-Yuan, Gu & Sheng-Lan, Tang
- 193-214 Have structural adjustments led to health sector reform in Africa?
by Sahn, David & Bernier, Rene
- 215-243 Health sector reforms in sub-Saharan Africa: lessons of the last 10 years
by Gilson, Lucy & Mills, Anne
- 245-255 Health care reform in Kenya: a review of the process
by Mwabu, Germano
- 257-277 Comprehensive policy analysis for health system reform
by Frenk, Julio
- 279-293 Preconditions for health reform: experiences from the OECD countries
by Schieber, George J.
- 295-306 Data analysis needs for health sector reform
by Walsh, Julia & Simonet, Maryse
1995, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 157-169 Health insurance in Russia -- the Kuzbass experience
by Isakova, Ljudmila. E. & Zelckovich, Roman. M. & Frid, Edward. M.
- 171-181 Primary care and health care reform: the need to reflect before reforming
by Maynard, Alan & Bloor, Karen
- 183-195 Evaluating the effects of GP remuneration: problems and prospects
by Scott, Anthony & Hall, Jane
- 197-210 Ethical dilemmas in care for HIV infection among French general practitioners
by Moatti, Jean-Paul & Souville, Marc & Obadia, Yolande & Morina, Michel & Sebbah, Remy & Gamby, Thierry & Gallais, Herve & Gastaut, Jean-Albert
- 211-224 The changing availability of residential aged care in Australia
by Gibson, Diane & Liu, Zhibin & Choi, Ching
- 225-229 On the estimation of cost-effectiveness ratios
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 231-238 Cost-effectiveness league tables: think of the fans
by Drummond, Michael & Mason, James & Torrance, George
- 239-240 Evaluating the NHS reforms : R. Robinson and J. Le Grand (Eds.) King's Fund Institute, Newbury, 288 pp., STG[pound sign]25.00, 1994 ISBN 0-946967-42-3
by Ham, Chris
- 241-242 Institutional strengthening and the development of research capacity in social sciences : L. Manderson (Ed.) Acta Tropica, Elsevier (Special Issue) vol. 57, issue 2/3, pp. 97-238, 1994 ISSN 0001-706X
by Mills, Anne
- 242-243 National health service management in the 1980s. Policy making on the hoof? : S. Harrison (Ed.) Avebury, Aldershot, Hampshire, 197 pp., STG[pound sign]32.50, 1994 ISBN 1-85628-663-0
by Edwards, Brian
1995, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 81-101 Negotiating fees for medical specialists in the Netherlands
by Lieverdink, Harm & Maarse, Hans
- 103-110 The use of economic evaluation in health care: Australian decision makers' perceptions
by Ross, Jayne
- 111-125 A critical review of health-related economic evaluations in Australia: implications for health policy
by Salkeld, Glenn & Davey, Peter & Arnolda, Gaston
- 127-150 AIDS scenarios for The Netherlands; the economic impact on hospitals
by Postma, Maarten J. & Jager, Johannes C. & Dijgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Borleffs, Jan C. C. & Tolley, Keith & Leidl, Reiner M.
- 151-152 Intensive care. Medical ethics and the medical profession : R. Zussman (Ed.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 252 pp., 1992 ISBN 0-226-99635-2
by Borghgraef, R.
- 152-153 Journal of religion in disability and rehabilitation : Inaugural Issue (volume 1 number 1. 1994) The Haworth Pastoral Press, an Imprint of The Haworth Press Inc. ISSN 1059-9258
by Schotsmans, Paul
- 153-155 Strong medicine: How to save Canada's health care system : M. Rachlis and C. Kushner (Eds.) Harper Collins, Toronto, 396 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-00-255281-7
by O'Neill, Michael A.
1995, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-16 Managing the medical workforce: time for improvements?
by Maynard, Alan & Walker, Arthur
- 17-27 Handling complaints in hospitals
by van der Wal, Gert & Lens, Peter
- 29-42 Health for all in the Republic of Korea: one country's experience with implementing universal health care
by Peabody, John W. & Lee, Sung-Woo & Bickel, Stephen R.
- 43-52 The place of magnetic resonance imaging in health care
by Hailey, David & Marshall, Deborah
- 53-65 The introduction of deductibles for prescription drugs in a national health insurance: compulsory or voluntary?
by Bakker, F. M. & van Vliet, R. C. J. A.
- 67-68 Key issues in health economics : G. Mooney Harvester Wheatsheaf, New York, 195 pp., US$24.95, 1994 ISBN 0-7450-1013-X
by Kesteloot, K.
- 68-69 The NHS -- A kaleidoscope of care -- Conflicts of service and business values : T. Kember and G. Macpherson The Nuffields Provincial Hospital Trust, London, 364 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-900574-87-9
by Robinson, Ray
- 69-72 The National Health Service. A manager's tale. 1946-1992 : B. Edwards The Nuffields Provincial Hospitals Trust, 208 pp., STG[pound sign]18.50, 1993 ISBN 0-900574-83-6
by Maxwell, Robert J.
1994, Volume 30, Issue 1-3
- 1-21 Health care technology as a policy issue
by Banta, H. David
- 23-72 Health care technology in Australia
by Hailey, David
- 73-122 Health care technology in Canada (with special reference to Quebec)
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Jacob, Robert & Hodge, Matthew J.
- 123-162 Health care technology in France
by Weill, Caroline
- 163-205 Health care technology in the Federal Republic of Germany
by Kirchberger, Stefan
- 207-255 Health care technology in the Netherlands
by Bos, Michael
- 257-294 Health care technology in Sweden
by Jonsson, Egon & Banta, H. David
- 295-334 Health care technology in the United Kingdom
by Spiby, Jackie
- 335-396 Health care technology in the United States
by Tunis, Sean R. & Gelband, Hellen
- 397-421 Lessons from the eight countries
by Battista, Renaldo N. & Banta, H. David & Jonnson, Egon & Hodge, Matthew & Gelband, Hellen
1994, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 183-195 The role of national quality registers in the Swedish health service
by Garpenby, Peter & Carlsson, Per
- 197-208 Health care expenditures for the elderly and reforms in the health care system in Japan
by Kobayashi, Yasuki
- 209-227 The economic consequences of malaria for households: a case-study in Nepal
by Mills, Anne
- 229-246 Disability development and the structure of care: some results from simulation of an area-based system of long-term care for elderly people
by Lagergren, Marten
- 247-259 The Chinese medicines market: moving towards a market system?
by Huttin, Christine
- 261-262 Dangerous diagnostics. The social power of biological information : By D. Nelkin and L. Tancredi, (Eds.) The University of Chicago Press, Chicago, 207 pp., 1994 ISBN 0-226-57129-7
by Cassiman, J. J.
1994, Volume 29, Issue 1-2
- 1-3 Introduction to health care reform in New Zealand
by Salmond, George & Mooney, Gavin & Laugesen, Miriam
- 11-23 New Zealand health care: a background
by Laugesen, Miriam & Salmond, George
- 25-40 Reform of the New Zealand health care system
by Scott, Claudia D.
- 41-60 Core services and priority-setting: the New Zealand experience
by Cumming, Jacqueline
- 61-83 Shopping for health: purchasing health services through contracts
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa & Ashton, Toni
- 85-100 New Zealand's health providers in an emerging market
by Malcolm, Laurence & Barnett, Pauline
- 101-112 Disability support services and the reforms
by Carter, Helen
- 113-125 The impact of the new subsidy regime in general practice in New Zealand
by Davis, Peter & Gribben, Barry & Lee, Roy Lay & McAvoy, Brian
- 127-141 Public health and the reforms: the New Zealand experience
by Bandaranayake, Don
- 143-156 Maori health and the health care reforms
by Laing, Patricia & Pomare, Eru
- 157-171 The management of health care: a model of control
by Jacobs, Kerry
- 173-182 A reflection on the New Zealand health care reforms
by Mooney, Gavin & Salmond, George
1994, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 181-184 The politics of health care benefits
by Defever, Mia
- 185-195 Medical device regulation in Canada: direction for change
by Finlay, Joel F. & Henderson, Brian & Menon, Devidas
- 197-210 Profitability of HMOs: does non-profit status make a difference?
by Bryce, Herrington J.
- 211-234 Economic development and the health care system in Hong Kong
by Chu, David K. W.
- 235-256 What future WHO?
by Stenson, Bo & Sterky, Goran
- 257-256 Medical record abstraction form and guidelines for assessing quality of care for hospitalized patients with AIDS-related pneumocystis carinii pneumonia : A RAND Note. C. Bennett, C. Pindar Roth, A Iqbal, W. Lance George, D. Rodrique, M. Sherwood, S. Gilman, M. Shapiro 172 pp., 1993, RAND, Santa Monica, CA
by Peetermans, W.
- 258-259 Strategic issues in health care management : Edited by M. Malek, J. Rasquinha, P. Vacani 279 pp., John Wiley
by Borowitz, M.
- 257-258 Increasing the relevance for education for health professionals. Report of a WHO Study Group on problem-solving education for the health professions : 29 pp., WHO Technical Reports Series nr. 838, World Health Organization, Geneva, 1993, Sw.fr. 8.-. ISBN 924-120838-4
by Nooman, Zohair
1994, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 79-88 Hospital financing in Norway
by Carlsen, Fredrik
- 89-132 Cost containment and health care reform: a study of the European Union
by Abel-Smith, Brian & Mossialos, Elias
- 133-141 Cost-effectiveness ratios: in a league of their own
by Birch, Stephen & Gafni, Amiram
- 143-152 Costs and outcomes of inpatient versus outpatient hernia repair
by Mitchell, Janet B. & Harrow, Brooke
- 153-174 Disability transitions in an area-based system of long-term care for the elderly and disabled
by Lagergren, M.
- 175-176 Health economics of depression : Edited by B. Jonsson, J. Rosenbaum (Eds.) Perspectives in Psychiatry, Volume 4, 153 pp., John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, 1993, [pound sign]29.95 ISBN 0-471-93746-0
by Evers, Sylvia
- 176-177 Organizing and managing tropical disease control programs. Case studies : By B. Liese, P. Sachdeva and D. Cochrane, pp. 123, Washington, D.C., The World Bank, 1992 Technical Paper 167 ISBN 0-8213-2086-6
by Leus, Xavier
1994, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-13 The cost-effectiveness of the switch towards more expensive antihypertensive drugs
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 15-22 Self-referral and self-payment in Danish primary care
by de Fine Olivarius, Niels & Jensen, Frank Ingemann & Gannik, Dorte & Pedersen, Poul A.
- 23-36 Case-based hospital financing: the case of Norway
by Magnussen, Jon & Solstad, Kjell
- 37-50 Explaining cost variations in DRGs `Acute Myocardial Infarction' by severity of illness
by Voss, Gemma B. W. E. & Hasman, Arie & Rutten, Frans & de Zwaan, Chris & Carpay, Jan J.
- 51-66 Compliance with practice guidelines: clinical autonomy revisited
by Klazinga, Niek
- 71-69 Social care and HIV-AIDS : The Hull-York Research Team (Ed.) University of York, Centre for Health Economics, University of Hull, Institute for Health Studies 214 pp., HMSO Books, Norwich, ISBN 0-11-701718-3,13.70
by Holtedahl, Khut Arne
- 72-73 Tough choices, in vitro fertilization and the reproductive technologies : By P. Stephenson and M. Wagner (Eds.) Philadelphia, Temple University Press 170 pp., 1993, ISBN 1-56639-060-5, US$34.95
by ten Have, Henk
- 73-73 Guidelines for the quality assurance programmes for blood transfusion services : Geneva, World Health Organisation 50 pp., 1993, ISBN 92-4-154448-1, Sw. Fr.8.40
by Goubau, P.
- 74-75 Health and function in the third age, papers prepared for the carnegie inquiry into the third age : By G. Evans, M. Goldacre, H. Hodkinson, S. Lamb and M. Savory (Eds.) Nuffield Provincial Hospitals Trust, 206 pp., 1993, ISBN 090057481 X
by Defever, M.
- 76-77 Cinquante ans d'exercise de la medicine en France. Carrieres et pratiques des medicins francais 1930-1980 (Fifty years of medical practice in France. Career and practice patterns of French physicians 1930-1980) : By C. Herzlich, M. Bungener, P. Paicheler, P. Roussin and M.C. Zuber (Eds.) 274 pp., Les editions INSERM, ISBN 2-85598-536-6
by Bacou, J.
- 73-74 Treatment for tuberculosis, guidelines for national programmes : Geneva, World Health Organization 43 pp., 1993, ISBN 92-4-154451-1, Sw.fr. 10.-
by Gyselen, Em. A.
1994, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 205-231 Competition among hospitals in the United States
by Thomson, Ron B.
- 233-252 The market reform of the New Zealand health care system searching for the Holy Grail in the antipodes
by Borren, Pim & Maynard, Alan
- 253-259 Attitudes to prevention among HIV-infected patients: the case of specific prophylaxis for Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia
by Auperin, Anne & Chouaid, Christos & des Fontaines, Virginie Halley
- 261-270 Quality assurance in health care. From a traditional towards a modern approach
by Harteloh, Peter P. M. & Verheggen, Frank W. S. M.
- 271-292 The distribution of pharmaceuticals in Europe -- current and future trends in wholesaling
by Andersson, Fredrik
1994, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 103-112 Can we restrict the health care menu?
by Klein, Rudolf
- 113-140 The influence of system factors upon the macro-economic efficiency of health care: implications for the health policies of developing and developed countries
by Jeong, Hyoung-Sun & Gunji, Atsuaki
- 141-156 Dutch home care: towards a new organization?
by Mur-Veeman, Ingrid & van Raak, Arno & Maarse, Hans
- 157-174 Privatization of the medical market in socialist China: A historical approach
by Liu, Gordon & Liu, Xingzhu & Meng, Qingyue
- 175-191 Trends in hospital resource utilization by HIV-infected persons, January 1987-June 1990
by Dijkgraaf, Marcel G. W. & Luijben, August H. P. & Jager, Johannes C. & Schrijvers, August J. P. & Borleffs, Jan C. C.
- 193-194 Health care technology and its assessment : By H. Banta (Ed.) Oxford University Press, Oxford, 384 pp., 1993, ISBN 019-262297-8, 45.00
by Hailey, D.
- 195-196 Suing for medical malpractice : By F. Sloan, P. Githens, E. Wright Clayton, G. Hickson, D. Gentile, D. Partlett (Eds.) The University of Chicago Press, Illinois 258 pp., ISBN 0-226-76279-3, US$43.25, 29.95
by Massaro, Thomas A.
- 196-197 Public hospitals in developing countries. Resource use, cost, financing : By H. Barnum; J. Kutzin (Eds.) The John Hopkins University Press, Baltimore 335 pp., 1993, ISBN 0-8018-4532-7, US$35.95
by Leus, Xavier
- 197-197 Guidelines for cholera control : By World Health Organisation (Ed.) 61 pp., ISBN 92-4-154449-X, Sw.fr. 10.50, US$13.50
by Kigutha, H.
- 198-199 North American health care policy in the 1990s : By A. King, T. Hyclak; R. Thornton, S. McMahon (Eds.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester 284 pp., 1993, ISBN, 0-471-94003-8
by Donaldson, C.
- 199-200 Brain dead, brain absent, brain donors. Human subjects or human objects : By P. McCullauch (Ed.) John Wiley & Sons, Chichester 261 pp., 1993 ISBN 0-471-93736-3, 34.95
by Nagel, E. & Pichlmayr, R.
1994, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-3 Dependency policies for Europe
by Defever, Mia
- 5-17 Health care in Canada: a system in turmoil
by Rathwell, Tom
- 19-34 Dimensions of health system reform
by Frenk, Julio
- 35-51 Blood ties: accountability for blood quality in New Zealand
by Howden-Chapman, Philippa
- 53-73 The use of prescription charges
by Huttin, Christine
- 75-96 Dependency: conceptualization and strategies
by Defever, Mia