The role of proximity to death in need-based approaches to health care
This study examines the role of proximity to death (PTD) in need-based approaches to health care by: (1) investigating whether PTD is a statistically significant, independent predictor of health-care use; and (2) estimating PTD's marginal impact on need-based allocation of health-care resources.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Amir Shmueli & David Messika & Irit Zmora & Bernice Oberman, 2010. "Health care costs during the last 12 months of life in Israel: estimation and implications for risk-adjustment," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 257-273, September.
- Stephen Birch & George Kephart & Gail Tomblin-Murphy & Linda O'Brien-Pallas & Rob Alder & Adrian MacKenzie, 2007. "Human Resources Planning and the Production of Health: A Needs-Based Analytical Framework," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 33(s1), pages 1-16, January.
- Hugh Gravelle & Matthew Sutton & Stephen Morris & Frank Windmeijer & Alastair Leyland & Chris Dibben & Mike Muirhead, 2003. "Modelling supply and demand influences on the use of health care: implications for deriving a needs-based capitation formula," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(12), pages 985-1004.
- Payne, Greg & Laporte, Audrey & Foot, David K. & Coyte, Peter C., 2009. "Temporal trends in the relative cost of dying: Evidence from Canada," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(2-3), pages 270-276, May.
- Kenneth Manton & Eric Stallard & Larry Corder, 1997. "Changes in the age dependence of mortality and disability: Cohort and other determinants," Demography, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 135-157, February.
- Friedrich Breyer & Martin Heineck & Normann Lorenz, 2003. "Determinants of health care utilization by German sickness fund members - with application to risk adjustment," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 367-376.
- B Hutchison & J Hurley & S Birch & J Lomas & S Walter & J Eyles & F Stratford-Devai, 1997.
"Needs-based Primary Medical Care Capitation: Development and Evaluation of Alternative Approaches,"
Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis Working Paper Series
1997-10, Centre for Health Economics and Policy Analysis (CHEPA), McMaster University, Hamilton, Canada.
- Brian Hutchison & Jeremiah Hurley & Stephen Birch & Jonathan Lomas & Stephen Walter & John Eyles & Fawne Stratford-Devai, 2000. "Needs-based primary medical care capitation: Development and evaluation of alternative approaches," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 89-99, February.
- Andrew M. Jones, 2012.
The New Palgrave Dictionary of Economics,
- Mervyn Stone & Jane Galbraith, 2006. "How not to fund hospital and community health services in England," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 169(1), pages 143-164.
- Alfons Palangkaraya & Jongsay Yong, 2009. "Population ageing and its implications on aggregate health care demand: empirical evidence from 22 OECD countries," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 391-402, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:106:y:2012:i:3:p:291-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)or () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.