Patterns of health care use and expenditure during the last 6 months of life in Belgium: Differences between age categories in cancer and non-cancer patients
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Batljan, Ilija & Lagergren, Mårten, 2004. "Inpatient/outpatient health care costs and remaining years of life--effect of decreasing mortality on future acute health care demand," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(12), pages 2459-2466, December.
- Thomas, C & Morris, S.M & Clark, D, 2004. "Place of death: preferences among cancer patients and their carers," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 2431-2444, June.
- Brockmann, Hilke, 2002. "Why is less money spent on health care for the elderly than for the rest of the population? Health care rationing in German hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 593-608, August.
- Cohen, Joachim & Bilsen, Johan & Hooft, Peter & Deboosere, Patrick & Wal, Gerrit van der & Deliens, Luc, 2006. "Dying at home or in an institution: Using death certificates to explore the factors associated with place of death," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(2-3), pages 319-329, October.
- Jakobsson, Eva & Bergh, Ingrid & Ohlen, Joakim & Oden, Anders & Gaston-Johansson, Fannie, 2007. "Utilization of health-care services at the end-of-life," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 276-287, August.
- Baoping Shang & Dana Goldman, 2008. "Does age or life expectancy better predict health care expenditures?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(4), pages 487-501.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rolden, Herbert J.A. & van Bodegom, David & Westendorp, Rudi G.J., 2014. "Variation in the costs of dying and the role of different health services, socio-demographic characteristics, and preceding health care expenses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 120(C), pages 110-117.
- repec:eee:hepoli:v:121:y:2017:i:9:p:1008-1014 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsBelgium Health care expenditure End-of-life care Palliative care;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:97:y:2010:i:1:p:53-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.