The effects of technology on the age distribution of health spending: a cross-country perspective
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Brockmann, Hilke, 2002. "Why is less money spent on health care for the elderly than for the rest of the population? Health care rationing in German hospitals," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 593-608, August.
- David M. Cutler & Ellen Meara, 2001. "The Concentration of Medical Spending: An Update," NBER Chapters,in: Themes in the Economics of Aging, pages 217-240 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Ellen Meara, 1998.
"The Medical Costs of the Young and Old: A Forty-Year Perspective,"
NBER Chapters,in: Frontiers in the Economics of Aging, pages 215-246
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Ellen Meara, 1997. "The Medical Costs of The Young and Old: A Forty Year Perspective," NBER Working Papers 6114, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Louise Sheiner, 1998.
"Demographics and Medical Care Spending: Standard and Non-Standard Effects,"
NBER Working Papers
6866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David M. Cutler & Louise Sheiner, 1999. "Demographics and medical care spending: standard and non-standard effects," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1999-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
More about this item
KeywordsMedical care; Cost of ; Population;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2004-05-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2004-05-16 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedgfe:2004-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Franz Osorio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbgvus.html .