Worlds apart? An exploration of prescribing and medicine-taking decisions by patients, GPs and local policy makers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles, Cathy & Gafni, Amiram & Whelan, Tim, 1997. "Shared decision-making in the medical encounter: What does it mean? (or it takes at least two to tango)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 681-692, March.
- Stevenson, Fiona A. & Barry, Christine A. & Britten, Nicky & Barber, Nick & Bradley, Colin P., 2000. "Doctor-patient communication about drugs: the evidence for shared decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 829-840, March.
- Perera, Roshan & Dowell, Anthony & Crampton, Peter, 2012. "Painting by numbers: A guide for systematically developing indicators of performance at any level of health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 49-59.
- Rashidian, Arash & Eccles, Martin P. & Russell, Ian, 2008. "Falling on stony ground A qualitative study of implementation of clinical guidelines' prescribing recommendations in primary care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 148-161, February.
- Ong, L. M. L. & de Haes, J. C. J. M. & Hoos, A. M. & Lammes, F. B., 1995. "Doctor-patient communication: A review of the literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 903-918, April.
- Frolich, Anne & Talavera, Jason A. & Broadhead, Peter & Dudley, R. Adams, 2007. "A behavioral model of clinician responses to incentives to improve quality," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 179-193, January.
More about this item
KeywordsPrescribing; Guideline; Decision; Trust; Mixed method; Adherence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:112:y:2013:i:3:p:264-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .