Worlds apart? An exploration of prescribing and medicine-taking decisions by patients, GPs and local policy makers
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles, Cathy & Gafni, Amiram & Whelan, Tim, 1997. "Shared decision-making in the medical encounter: What does it mean? (or it takes at least two to tango)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 681-692, March.
- Stevenson, Fiona A. & Barry, Christine A. & Britten, Nicky & Barber, Nick & Bradley, Colin P., 2000. "Doctor-patient communication about drugs: the evidence for shared decision making," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 829-840, March.
- Perera, Roshan & Dowell, Anthony & Crampton, Peter, 2012. "Painting by numbers: A guide for systematically developing indicators of performance at any level of health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 49-59.
- Rashidian, Arash & Eccles, Martin P. & Russell, Ian, 2008. "Falling on stony ground A qualitative study of implementation of clinical guidelines' prescribing recommendations in primary care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 148-161, February.
- Ong, L. M. L. & de Haes, J. C. J. M. & Hoos, A. M. & Lammes, F. B., 1995. "Doctor-patient communication: A review of the literature," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 40(7), pages 903-918, April.
- Frolich, Anne & Talavera, Jason A. & Broadhead, Peter & Dudley, R. Adams, 2007. "A behavioral model of clinician responses to incentives to improve quality," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 179-193, January.
More about this item
KeywordsPrescribing; Guideline; Decision; Trust; Mixed method; Adherence;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:112:y:2013:i:3:p:264-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.