Efficiency, effectiveness, equity (E3). Evaluating hospital performance in three dimensions
There are well-established frameworks for comparing the performance of health systems cross-nationally on multiple dimensions. A sub-set of such comprehensive schema is taken up by criteria specifically applied to health service delivery, including hospital performance.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hefford, Martin & Crampton, Peter & Foley, Jon, 2005. "Reducing health disparities through primary care reform: the New Zealand experiment," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 9-23, April.
- Brownell, Marni D. & Roos, Noralou P. & Roos, Leslie L., 2001. "Monitoring health reform: a report card approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 657-670, March.
- Marmor, Theodore & Wendt, Claus, 2012. "Conceptual frameworks for comparing healthcare politics and policy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 11-20.
- Gauld, Robin & Al-wahaibi, Suhaila & Chisholm, Johanna & Crabbe, Rebecca & Kwon, Boomi & Oh, Timothy & Palepu, Raja & Rawcliffe, Nic & Sohn, Stephen, 2011. "Scorecards for health system performance assessment: The New Zealand example," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 200-208.
- Pablo Arocena & Ariadna García-Prado, 2007. "Accounting for quality in the measurement of hospital performance: evidence from Costa Rica," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(7), pages 667-685.
- El-Jardali, Fadi & Saleh, Shadi & Ataya, Nour & Jamal, Diana, 2011. "Design, implementation and scaling up of the balanced scorecard for hospitals in Lebanon: Policy coherence and application lessons for low and middle income countries," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 305-314.
- Espen Erlandsen, 2008. "Improving the efficiency of health care spending: What can be learnt from partial and selected analyses of hospital performance?," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2008(1), pages 1-33.
- Miika Linna & Unto Häkkinen & Mikko Peltola & Jon Magnussen & Kjartan Anthun & Sverre Kittelsen & Annette Roed & Kim Olsen & Emma Medin & Clas Rehnberg, 2010. "Measuring cost efficiency in the Nordic Hospitals—a cross-sectional comparison of public hospitals in 2002," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 346-357, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:112:y:2013:i:1:p:19-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)or ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.