Decentralization and centralization of healthcare resources: Investigating the associations of hospital competition and number of cardiologists per hospital with mortality and resource utilization in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kondo, Akiko & Kawabuchi, Koichi, 2012. "Evaluation of the introduction of a diagnosis procedure combination system for patient outcome and hospitalisation charges for patients with hip fracture or lung cancer in Japan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 184-193.
- Gaynor, Martin & Vogt, William B., 2000.
"Antitrust and competition in health care markets,"
Handbook of Health Economics, in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.),Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 27, pages 1405-1487,
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, "undated". "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," GSIA Working Papers 1999-E29, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Martin Gaynor & William B. Vogt, 1999. "Antitrust and Competition in Health Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 7112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Evans & Yuichi Imanaka & Miho Sekimoto & Tatsuro Ishizaki & Kenshi Hayashida & Haruhisa Fukuda & Eun‐Hwan Oh, 2007. "Risk adjusted resource utilization for AMI patients treated in Japanese hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 347-359, April.
- Chen, Chi-Chen & Cheng, Shou-Hsia, 2010. "Hospital competition and patient-perceived quality of care: Evidence from a single-payer system in Taiwan," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 65-73, November.
- Nazmi Sari, 2002. "Do competition and managed care improve quality?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(7), pages 571-584, October.
- Zack Cooper & Stephen Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2011.
"Does Hospital Competition Save Lives? Evidence From The English NHS Patient Choice Reforms,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(554), pages 228-260, August.
- Cooper, Zack & Gibbons, Stephen & Jones, Simon & McGuire, Alistair, 2010. "Does hospital competition save lives? Evidence from the English NHS patient choice reforms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28584, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Cooper, Zack & Gibbons, Stephen & Jones, Simon & McGuire, Alistair, 2011. "Does hospital competition save lives? Evidence from the English NHS patient choice reforms," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 45167, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Zack Cooper & Steve Gibbons & Simon Jones & Alistair McGuire, 2010. "Does Hospital Competition Save Lives? Evidence from the English NHS Patient Choice Reforms," SERC Discussion Papers 0041, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarboe, Oddvar M., 2007.
"Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform,"
Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(10), pages 2129-2137, May.
- Magnussen, Jon & Hagen, Terje P. & Kaarbøe, Oddvar M., 2006. "Centralized or decentralized? A case study of Norwegian hospital reform," Working Papers in Economics 02/06, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Daniel P. Kessler & Mark B. McClellan, 2000. "Is Hospital Competition Socially Wasteful?," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 115(2), pages 577-615.
- Cora J. M. Maas & Joop J. Hox, 2004. "Robustness issues in multilevel regression analysis," Statistica Neerlandica, Netherlands Society for Statistics and Operations Research, vol. 58(2), pages 127-137, May.
- Mosca, Ilaria, 2006. "Is decentralisation the real solution?: A three country study," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 113-120, June.
- repec:mpr:mprres:3658 is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Grieve & Richard Nixon & Simon G. Thompson & Charles Normand, 2005. "Using multilevel models for assessing the variability of multinational resource use and cost data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 185-196, February.
- Bossert, Thomas John & Mitchell, Andrew David, 2011. "Health sector decentralization and local decision-making: Decision space, institutional capacities and accountability in Pakistan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 39-48, January.
- Vargas Bustamante, Arturo, 2010. "The tradeoff between centralized and decentralized health services: Evidence from rural areas in Mexico," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(5), pages 925-934, September.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Misspecified Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 1-25, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Manhal Ali & Reza Salehnejad & Mohaimen Mansur, 2018. "Hospital heterogeneity: what drives the quality of health care," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 19(3), pages 385-408, April.
More about this item
KeywordsCentralization; Decentralization; Hospital competition; Number of cardiologist per hospital; Acute myocardial infarction; Japan;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:113:y:2013:i:1:p:100-109. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.