The tradeoff between centralized and decentralized health services: Evidence from rural areas in Mexico
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin L. Weitzman, 1974. "Prices vs. Quantities," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 41(4), pages 477-491.
- Manning, Willard G, et al, 1987. "Health Insurance and the Demand for Medical Care: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(3), pages 251-277, June.
- Kristiansen, Stein & Santoso, Purwo, 2006. "Surviving decentralisation?: Impacts of regional autonomy on health service provision in Indonesia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 247-259, August.
- Lee, Myoung-jae, 2005. "Micro-Econometrics for Policy, Program and Treatment Effects," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199267699, June.
- Yingyi Qian & Gerard Roland & Chenggang Xu, 2006. "Coordination and Experimentation in M-Form and U-Form Organizations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(2), pages 366-402, April.
- Edward C. Norton & Hua Wang & Chunrong Ai, 2004. "Computing interaction effects and standard errors in logit and probit models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 154-167, June.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Angus Deaton & Esther Duflo, 2004.
"Wealth, Health, and Health Services in Rural Rajasthan,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 326-330, May.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Angus Deaton & Esther Duflo, 2003. "Wealth, health, and health services in rural Rajasthan," Working Papers 253, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Abhijit Banerjee & Angus Deaton & Esther Duflo, 2004. "Wealth, health, and health services in rural rajasthan," Framed Field Experiments 00121, The Field Experiments Website.
- Abhijit Banerjee & Angus Deaton & Esther Duflo, 2003. "Wealth, health, and health services in rural Rajasthan," Working Papers 175, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Faguet, Jean-Paul, 2004. "Does decentralization increase government responsiveness to local needs?: Evidence from Bolivia," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(3-4), pages 867-893, March.
- Alec Ian Gershberg & Michael Jacobs, 1998. "Decentralization and Recentralization: Lessons from the Social Sectors in Mexico and Nicaragua," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6441, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Homedes, Nuria & Ugalde, Antonio, 2005. "Why neoliberal health reforms have failed in Latin America," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 83-96, January.
- Bossert, Thomas, 1998. "Analyzing the decentralization of health systems in developing countries: decision space, innovation and performance," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 47(10), pages 1513-1527, November.
- Bolton, Patrick & Farrell, Joseph, 1990. "Decentralization, Duplication, and Delay," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(4), pages 803-826, August.
- Bardhan, Pranab & Mookherjee, Dilip, 2005. "Decentralizing antipoverty program delivery in developing countries," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(4), pages 675-704, April.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 2003. "Centralized versus decentralized provision of local public goods: a political economy approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2611-2637, December.
- Pranab Bardhan, 2002. "Decentralization of Governance and Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 185-205, Fall.
- Khaleghian, Peyvand, 2004. "Decentralization and public services: the case of immunization," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 163-183, July.
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Park, Sungchul & Lee, Jason & Ikai, Hiroshi & Otsubo, Tetsuya & Imanaka, Yuichi, 2013. "Decentralization and centralization of healthcare resources: Investigating the associations of hospital competition and number of cardiologists per hospital with mortality and resource utilization in ," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 100-109.
More about this item
KeywordsCentralization Decentralization Health care expenditures Utilization Preventive health care Integrated delivery systems Mexico;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:71:y:2010:i:5:p:925-934. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .