Using multilevel models for assessing the variability of multinational resource use and cost data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Spath, Hans-Martin & Carrere, Marie-Odile & Fervers, Beatrice & Philip, Thierry, 1999. "Analysis of the eligibility of published economic evaluations for transfer to a given health care system: Methodological approach and application to the French health care system," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 161-177, November.
- Nigel Rice & Andrew Jones, 1997. "Multilevel models and health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 561-575, November.
- Maureen Mölken & Eddy Doorslaer & M. Till, 1998. "Cost-Effectiveness Analysis of Formoterol Versus Salmeterol in Patients with Asthma," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 14(6), pages 671-684, December.
- M. Raikou & A. Briggs & A. Gray & A. McGuire, 2000. "Centre‐specific or average unit costs in multi‐centre studies? Some theory and simulation," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 191-198, April.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1999.
"Axiomatic and Economic Approaches to International Comparisons,"
NBER Chapters, in: International and Interarea Comparisons of Income, Output, and Prices, pages 13-107,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1996. "Axiomatic and Economic Approaches to International Comparisons," NBER Working Papers 5559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard J. Willke & Henry A. Glick & Daniel Polsky & Kevin Schulman, 1998. "Estimating country‐specific cost‐effectiveness from multinational clinical trials," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(6), pages 481-493, September.
- Manning, Willard G. & Mullahy, John, 2001.
"Estimating log models: to transform or not to transform?,"
Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 461-494, July.
- Willard G. Manning & John Mullahy, 1999. "Estimating Log Models: To Transform or Not to Transform?," NBER Technical Working Papers 0246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thompson, Simon G. & Nixon, Richard M. & Grieve, Richard, 2006. "Addressing the issues that arise in analysing multicentre cost data, with application to a multinational study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1015-1028, November.
- Jonas Schreyögg, 2008. "A micro-costing approach to estimating hospital costs for appendectomy in a Cross-European context," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(S1), pages 59-69.
- Tom Stargardt, 2008. "Health service costs in Europe: cost and reimbursement of primary hip replacement in nine countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(S1), pages 9-20.
- Park, Sungchul & Lee, Jason & Ikai, Hiroshi & Otsubo, Tetsuya & Imanaka, Yuichi, 2013. "Decentralization and centralization of healthcare resources: Investigating the associations of hospital competition and number of cardiologists per hospital with mortality and resource utilization in ," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 100-109.
- Mark J. Sculpher & Karl Claxton & Mike Drummond & Chris McCabe, 2006. "Whither trial‐based economic evaluation for health care decision making?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(7), pages 677-687, July.
- Oliver Tiemann, 2008. "Variations in hospitalisation costs for acute myocardial infarction - a comparison across Europe," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(S1), pages 33-45.
- Aline Gauthier & Andrea Manca & Susan Anton, 2009. "Bayesian Modelling of Healthcare Resource Use in Multinational Randomized Clinical Trials," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 27(12), pages 1017-1029, December.
- Moreno, Elías & Girón, F.J. & Vázquez-Polo, F.J. & Negrín, M.A., 2012. "Optimal healthcare decisions: The importance of the covariates in cost–effectiveness analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 218(2), pages 512-522.
- Ileana Baldi & Eva Pagano & Paola Berchialla & Alessandro Desideri & Alberto Ferrando & Franco Merletti & Dario Gregori, 2013. "Modeling healthcare costs in simultaneous presence of asymmetry, heteroscedasticity and correlation," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(2), pages 298-310, February.
- David Epstein & Anne Mason & Andrea Manca, 2008. "The hospital costs of care for stroke in nine European countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(S1), pages 21-31.
- Jonas Schreyögg & Oliver Tiemann & Tom Stargardt & Reinhard Busse, 2008. "Cross-country comparisons of costs: the use of episode-specific transitive purchasing power parities with standardised cost categories," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(S1), pages 95-103.
- Andrew R. Willan & Matthew E. Kowgier, 2008. "Cost-effectiveness analysis of a multinational RCT with a binary measure of effectiveness and an interacting covariate," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(7), pages 777-791.
- Anna Vassall & Lindsay Mangham‐Jefferies & Gabriela B. Gomez & Catherine Pitt & Nicola Foster, 2016. "Incorporating Demand and Supply Constraints into Economic Evaluations in Low‐Income and Middle‐Income Countries," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(S1), pages 95-115, February.
- Richard M. Nixon & Simon G. Thompson, 2005. "Methods for incorporating covariate adjustment, subgroup analysis and between‐centre differences into cost‐effectiveness evaluations," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(12), pages 1217-1229, December.
- Jonas Schreyögg & Tom Stargardt & Oliver Tiemann, 2011. "Costs and quality of hospitals in different health care systems: a multi‐level approach with propensity score matching," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(1), pages 85-100, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:14:y:2005:i:2:p:185-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.