Maximum likelihood estimation of limited and discrete dependent variable models with nested random effects
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. R. Cardoso, 2000. "Wage differentials across firms: an application of multilevel modelling," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(4), pages 343-354.
- Germán Rodríguez & Noreen Goldman, 2001. "Improved estimation procedures for multilevel models with binary response: a case-study," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 164(2), pages 339-355.
- Borjas, George J. & Sueyoshi, Glenn T., 1994.
"A two-stage estimator for probit models with structural group effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 165-182.
- George J. Borjas & Glenn T. Sueyoshi, 1993. "A Two-Stage Estimator for Probit Models with Structural Group Effects," NBER Technical Working Papers 0146, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosett, Richard N & Nelson, Forrest D, 1975. "Estimation of the Two-Limit Probit Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(1), pages 141-146, January.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Ruud, Paul A., 1987. "Specifying and testing econometric models for rank-ordered data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-2), pages 83-104.
- Anders Skrondal & Sophia Rabe-Hesketh, 2003. "Multilevel logistic regression for polytomous data and rankings," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 267-287, June.
- Lee, Lung-fei, 2000. "A numerically stable quadrature procedure for the one-factor random-component discrete choice model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 117-129, March.
- Lung-fei Lee, "undated". "A Numerically Stable Quadrature Procedure for the One-Factor Random Component Discrete Choice Model," Computing in Economics and Finance 1997 158, Society for Computational Economics.
- R. Bock & Murray Aitkin, 1981. "Marginal maximum likelihood estimation of item parameters: Application of an EM algorithm," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 46(4), pages 443-459, December.
- Keane, Michael P, 1992. "A Note on Identification in the Multinomial Probit Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 10(2), pages 193-200, April.
- Lillard, Lee A., 1993. "Simultaneous equations for hazards : Marriage duration and fertility timing," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1-2), pages 189-217, March.
- R. Darrell Bock & Marcus Lieberman, 1970. "Fitting a response model forn dichotomously scored items," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 35(2), pages 179-197, June.
- Davis, Peter, 2002. "Estimating multi-way error components models with unbalanced data structures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 67-95, January.
- H. Baltagi, Badi & Heun Song, Seuck & Cheol Jung, Byoung, 2001. "The unbalanced nested error component regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 357-381, April.
- S. Rabe-Hesketh & A. Skrondal, 2001. "Parameterization of Multivariate Random Effects Models for Categorical Data," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 1256-1263, December.
- Naylor, J. C. & Smith, A. F. M., 1988. "Econometric illustrations of novel numerical integration strategies for Bayesian inference," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 103-125.
- Richard Blundell & Frank Windmeijer, 1997. "Cluster effects and simultaneity in multilevel models," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 439-443.
- Richard Blundell & Frank Windmeijer, 1997. "Cluster effects and simultaneity in multilevel models," IFS Working Papers W97/05, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Beggs, S. & Cardell, S. & Hausman, J., 1981. "Assessing the potential demand for electric cars," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 1-19, September.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Anders Skrondal & Andrew Pickles, 2002. "Reliable estimation of generalized linear mixed models using adaptive quadrature," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(1), pages 1-21, February.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Andrew Pickles & Anders Skrondal, 2001. "Extensions to gllamm6," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2001 16, Stata Users Group.
- Antweiler, Werner, 2001. "Nested random effects estimation in unbalanced panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 295-313, April.
- Kathleen Carey, 2000. "A multilevel modelling approach to analysis of patient costs under managed care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 435-446.
- Butler, J S & Moffitt, Robert, 1982. "A Computationally Efficient Quadrature Procedure for the One-Factor Multinomial Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 761-764, May.
- Sophia Rabe-Hesketh & Anders Skrondal & Andrew Pickles, 2004. "Generalized multilevel structural equation modeling," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 69(2), pages 167-190, June.
- Kurt J. Beron & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer, 1999. "Hierarchical Linear Models With Application to Air Pollution in the South Coast Air Basin," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1123-1127.
- Nigel Rice & Andrew Jones, 1997. "Multilevel models and health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 561-575. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:econom:v:128:y:2005:i:2:p:301-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.