Costs and quality of hospitals in different health care systems: a multi‐level approach with propensity score matching
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Suthathip Yaisawarng & James F. Burgess, 2006. "Performance‐based budgeting in the public sector: an illustration from the VA health care system," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(3), pages 295-310, March.
- Shen, Yu-Chu, 2002. "The effect of hospital ownership choice on patient outcomes after treatment for acute myocardial infarction," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 901-922, September.
- Nandita Mitra & Alka Indurkhya, 2005. "A propensity score approach to estimating the cost–effectiveness of medical therapies from observational data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(8), pages 805-815, August.
- Richard Grieve & Richard Nixon & Simon G. Thompson & Charles Normand, 2005. "Using multilevel models for assessing the variability of multinational resource use and cost data," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(2), pages 185-196, February.
- Dennis D. Boos & Leonard A. Stefanski & Yujun Wu, 2009. "Fast FSR Variable Selection with Applications to Clinical Trials," Biometrics, The International Biometric Society, vol. 65(3), pages 692-700, September.
- Nigel Rice & Andrew Jones, 1997. "Multilevel models and health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 561-575, November.
- Edward Evans & Yuichi Imanaka & Miho Sekimoto & Tatsuro Ishizaki & Kenshi Hayashida & Haruhisa Fukuda & Eun‐Hwan Oh, 2007. "Risk adjusted resource utilization for AMI patients treated in Japanese hospitals," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(4), pages 347-359, April.
- Donald W. K. Andrews & Moshe Buchinsky, 2000. "A Three-Step Method for Choosing the Number of Bootstrap Repetitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(1), pages 23-52, January.
- Hauck, Katharina & Street, Andrew, 2006. "Performance assessment in the context of multiple objectives: A multivariate multilevel analysis," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1029-1048, November.
- Martin, Stephen & Smith, Peter, 1996. "Explaining variations in inpatient length of stay in the National Health Service," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 279-304, June.
- Ho, Daniel E. & Imai, Kosuke & King, Gary & Stuart, Elizabeth A., 2007. "Matching as Nonparametric Preprocessing for Reducing Model Dependence in Parametric Causal Inference," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(3), pages 199-236, July.
- Kathleen Carey, 2000. "A multilevel modelling approach to analysis of patient costs under managed care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 435-446, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stefan Voigt, 2016. "Determinants of judicial efficiency: a survey," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 183-208, October.
- Li, Sung Ko & He, Xinju, 2019. "The impacts of marketization and subsidies on the treatment quality performance of the Chinese hospitals sector," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 41-50.
- Tom Stargardt & Jonas Schreyögg & Ivan Kondofersky, 2014.
"Measuring The Relationship Between Costs And Outcomes: The Example Of Acute Myocardial Infarction In German Hospitals,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(6), pages 653-669, June.
- Stargardt, Tom & Schreyögg, Jonas & Kondofersky, Ivan, 2012. "Measuring the relationship between costs and outcomes: The example of Acute Myocardial Infarction in German hospitals," hche Research Papers 2012/04, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Oliver Tiemann & Jonas Schreyögg, 2012.
"Changes in hospital efficiency after privatization,"
Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 15(4), pages 310-326, December.
- Oliver Tiemann & Jonas Schreyögg, "undated". "Changes in Hospital Efficiency after Privatization," Working Papers 2011/02, Hamburg Center for Health Economics, University of Hamburg.
- Tiemann, Oliver & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2011. "Changes in hospital efficiency after privatization," hche Research Papers 2011/02, University of Hamburg, Hamburg Center for Health Economics (hche).
- Häkkinen, Unto & Iversen, Tor & Peltola, Mikko & Seppälä, Timo T. & Malmivaara, Antti & Belicza, Éva & Fattore, Giovanni & Numerato, Dino & Heijink, Richard & Medin, Emma & Rehnberg, Clas, 2013. "Health care performance comparison using a disease-based approach: The EuroHOPE project," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 100-109.
- Stargardt, Tom & Schreyögg, Jonas, 2012. "A framework to evaluate the effects of small area variations in healthcare infrastructure on diagnostics and patient outcomes of rare diseases based on administrative data," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 110-118.
- Tor Iversen & Eline Aas & Gunnar Rosenqvist & Unto Häkkinen & on behalf of the EuroHOPE study group, 2015. "Comparative Analysis of Treatment Costs in EUROHOPE," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(S2), pages 5-22, December.
- Liliana Proskuryakova & Dirk Meissner & Pavel Rudnik, 2014. "A Policy Perspective On The Russian Technology Platforms," HSE Working papers WP BRP 26/STI/2014, National Research University Higher School of Economics.
- Helmut Herwartz & Christoph Strumann, 2012. "On the effect of prospective payment on local hospital competition in Germany," Health Care Management Science, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 48-62, March.
- Xiaohui Zhang & Katharina Hauck & Xueyan Zhao, 2013. "Patient Safety In Hospitals – A Bayesian Analysis Of Unobservable Hospital And Specialty Level Risk Factors," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(9), pages 1158-1174, September.
- Laura Haas & Tom Stargardt & Jonas Schreyoegg, 2012. "Cost-effectiveness of open versus laparoscopic appendectomy: a multilevel approach with propensity score matching," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 13(5), pages 549-560, October.
- Seghieri, Chiara & Berta, Paolo & Nuti, Sabina, 2019. "Geographic variation in inpatient costs for Acute Myocardial Infarction care: Insights from Italy," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(5), pages 449-456.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:20:y:2011:i:1:p:85-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.