International differences in the impact of doctors on health: a multilevel analysis of OECD countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Bassanini & Stefano Scarpetta, 2001. "Does Human Capital Matter for Growth in OECD Countries?: Evidence from Pooled Mean-Group Estimates," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 282, OECD Publishing.
- Zeynep Or, 2001. "Exploring the Effects of Health Care on Mortality Across OECD Countries," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 46, OECD Publishing.
- Baker, Laurence C., 2001. "Managed care and technology adoption in health care: evidence from magnetic resonance imaging," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 395-421, May.
- Burgess Jr., James F. & Christiansen, Cindy L. & Michalak, Sarah E. & Morris, Carl N., 2000. "Medical profiling: improving standards and risk adjustments using hierarchical models," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 291-309, May.
- Kathleen Carey, 2000. "A multilevel modelling approach to analysis of patient costs under managed care," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(5), pages 435-446.
- Nigel Rice & Andrew Jones, 1997. "Multilevel models and health economics," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(6), pages 561-575.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pablo Cos & Enrique Moral-Benito, 2014. "Determinants of health-system efficiency: evidence from OECD countries," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(1), pages 69-93, March.
- Jamison, Eliot A. & Jamison, Dean T. & Hanushek, Eric A., 2007.
"The effects of education quality on income growth and mortality decline,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 771-788, December.
- Eliot A. Jamison & Dean T. Jamison & Eric A. Hanushek, 2006. "The Effects of Education Quality on Income Growth and Mortality Decline," NBER Working Papers 12652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosa Aísa & Jesús Clemente & Fernando Pueyo, 2014. "The influence of (public) health expenditure on longevity," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 59(5), pages 867-875, October.
- Aakvik, Arild & Holmas, Tor Helge, 2006.
"Access to primary health care and health outcomes: The relationships between GP characteristics and mortality rates,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1139-1153, November.
- Aakvik, Arild & Holmås, Tor Helge, 2005. "Access to Primary Health Care and Health Outcomes: The Relationships between GP Characteristics and Mortality Rates," Working Papers in Economics 16/05, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Farahani, Mansour & Subramanian, S.V. & Canning, David, 2009. "The effect of changes in health sector resources on infant mortality in the short-run and the long-run: A longitudinal econometric analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 1918-1925, June.
- Ana Poças & Elias Soukiazis, 2010.
"Health Status Determinants in the OECD Countries. A Panel Data Approach with Endogenous Regressors,"
GEMF Working Papers
2010-04, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Ana Pocas & Elias Soukiazis, 2011. "Health Status Determinants in the OECD Countries. A Panel Data Approach with Endogenous Regressors," ERSA conference papers ersa10p749, European Regional Science Association.
- Erika Laranjeira & Helena Szrek, 2016. "Going beyond life expectancy in assessments of health systems’ performance: life expectancy adjusted by perceived health status," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 133-161, June.
- Jeroen Klomp & Jakob de Haan, 2008. "Effects of Governance on Health: a Cross-National Analysis of 101 Countries," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(4), pages 599-614, November.
- Thompson, Simon G. & Nixon, Richard M. & Grieve, Richard, 2006. "Addressing the issues that arise in analysing multicentre cost data, with application to a multinational study," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 1015-1028, November.
- Fichera, Eleonora & Emsley, Richard & Sutton, Matt, 2016. "Is treatment “intensity” associated with healthier lifestyle choices? An application of the dose response function," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 149-163.
- Sundmacher, Leonie & Busse, Reinhard, 2011. "The impact of physician supply on avoidable cancer deaths in Germany. A spatial analysis," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 53-62.
- Gang Chen & Brett Inder & Bruce Hollingsworth, 2014. "Health Investment And Economic Output In Regional China," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(2), pages 261-274, April.
- Zeynep Or & Florence Jusot & Engin Yilmaz, 2008. "Impact of health care system on socioeconomic inequalities in doctor use," Working Papers DT17, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Sep 2008.
- Reibling, Nadine, 2013. "The international performance of healthcare systems in population health: Capabilities of pooled cross-sectional time series methods," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 112(1), pages 122-132.
- Van Gestel, R.; MÃ¼ller, T.; Bosmans, J.;, 2017. "Learning from failure in healthcare: dynamic panel evidence of a physician shock effect," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 17/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Mansour Farahani & S. V. Subramanian & David Canning, 2009. "Short and long-term relationship between physician density on infant mortality: a longitudinal econometric analysis," PGDA Working Papers 4909, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sam Peltzman, 2014. "Socialized medicine and mortality," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 179-205, September.
- Verguet, Stéphane & Jamison, Dean T., 2013. "Performance in rate of decline of adult mortality in the OECD, 1970–2010," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(2), pages 137-142.
- Jiménez-Rubio, Dolores, 2011. "The impact of fiscal decentralization on infant mortality rates: Evidence from OECD countries," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(9), pages 1401-1407.
- Clayton, Maya & Liñares-Zegarra, José & Wilson, John O.S., 2015. "Does debt affect health? Cross country evidence on the debt-health nexus," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 51-58.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jhecon:v:24:y:2005:i:3:p:531-560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.