The effect of pharmaceutical innovation on longevity, hospitalization and medical expenditure in Turkey, 1999–2010
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joseph E. Aldy & W. Kip Viscusi, 2008.
"Adjusting the Value of a Statistical Life for Age and Cohort Effects,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 90(3), pages 573-581, August.
- Aldy, Joseph E. & Viscusi, W. Kip, 2006. "Adjusting the Value of a Statistical Life for Age and Cohort Effects," Discussion Papers dp-06-19, Resources For the Future.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2014. "Has Medical Innovation Reduced Cancer Mortality?," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 60(1), pages 135-177.
- Productivity Commission, 2005. "Impacts of Advances in Medical Technology in Australia," Research Reports, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia, number 17.
- Plutarchos Sakellaris & Daniel J. Wilson, 2004.
"Quantifying Embodied Technological Change,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 7(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Plutarchos Sakellaris & Daniel J. Wilson, 2001. "Quantifying embodied technological change," Working Paper Series 2001-16, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Sakellaris, Plutarchos & Wilson, Daniel J., 2002. "Quantifying embodied technological change," Working Paper Series 0158, European Central Bank.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "The Economics of New Goods," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bres96-1, June.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg & Gautier Duflos, 2008. "Pharmaceutical innovation and the longevity of Australians: a first look," NBER Working Papers 14009, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frank Lichtenberg, 2012. "Contribution of Pharmaceutical Innovation to Longevity Growth in Germany and France, 2001–7," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 197-211, March.
- Hercowitz, Zvi, 1998. "The 'embodiment' controversy: A review essay," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 217-224, February.
- Lichtenberg, Frank R., 2013.
"The impact of therapeutic procedure innovation on hospital patient longevity: Evidence from Western Australia, 2000–2007,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 50-59.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2011. "The Impact of Therapeutic Procedure Innovation on Hospital Patient Longevity: Evidence from Western Australia, 2000-2007," NBER Working Papers 17414, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin M. Murphy & Robert H. Topel, 2006. "The Value of Health and Longevity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(5), pages 871-904, October.
- Hulten, Charles R, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change Is Embodied in Capital," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 964-980, September.
- Bahk, Byong-Hong & Gort, Michael, 1993. "Decomposing Learning by Doing in New Plants," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 561-583, August.
- Frank Lichtenberg, 2011.
"The quality of medical care, behavioral risk factors, and longevity growth,"
International Journal of Health Economics and Management,
Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 1-34, March.
- Frank R. Lichtenberg, 2009. "The Quality of Medical Care, Behavioral Risk Factors, and Longevity Growth," NBER Working Papers 15068, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Robert J. Gordon, 1996. "Introduction to "The Economics of New Goods"," NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of New Goods, pages 1-26 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles R. Hulten, 1992. "Growth Accounting When Technical Change is Embodied in Capital," NBER Working Papers 3971, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hostenkamp, Gisela & Lichtenberg, Frank R., 2015.
"The impact of recent chemotherapy innovation on the longevity of myeloma patients: US and international evidence,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 162-171.
- Frank Lichtenberg & Gisela Hostenkamp, 2013. "The Impact of Recent Chemotherapy Innovation on the Longevity of Myeloma Patients: U.S. and International Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 4516, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nemanja Rancic & Mihajlo (Michael) Jakovljevic, 2016. "Long Term Health Spending Alongside Population Aging in N-11 Emerging Nations," Eastern European Business and Economics Journal, Eastern European Business and Economics Studies Centre, vol. 2(1), pages 2-26.
More about this item
KeywordsLongevity; Life expectancy; Pharmaceutical; Innovation; Hospital; Health care expenditure;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:hepoli:v:117:y:2014:i:3:p:361-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu) or (). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/healthpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.