December 1997, Volume 17, Issue 2-3
- 201-209 Production costs and input substitution in Zimbabwe's smallholder agriculture
by Dalton, Timothy J. & Masters, William A. & Foster, Kenneth A.
- 211-222 Estimation of farmers' risk attitude: an econometric approach
by Bar-Shira, Z. & Just, R. E. & Zilberman, D.
- 223-237 Dynamic input demand functions and resource adjustment for US agriculture: state evidence
by Warjiyo, Perry & Huffman, Wallace E.
- 239-264 China and Taiwan access to the World Trade Organization: implications for U.S. agriculture and trade
by Wang, Zhi
- 265-275 Economic reform and aggregate cropping patterns for Egypt
by Shousha, Fawaz M. & Pautsch, Gregory R.
- 277-288 Cap reform: modelling supply response subject to the land set-aside
by Ball, V. Eldon & Bureau, Jean-Christophe & Eakin, Kelly & Somwaru, Agapi
- 289-290 Rice Research in Asia: Progress and Priorities : R.E. Evenson, R.W. Herdt, and M. Hossain, Eds., R.E. Evenson, R.W. Herdt, and M. Hossain, Eds., CAB International, Wallingford, U.K., 1996, xi + 418 pp., [UK pound]55.00, ISBN 0-851-98997-7
by Anderson, Jock R.
October 1997, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-20 Agricultural trade liberalization: growth, welfare and large country effects
by Parikh, Kirit S. & Narayana, N. S. S. & Panda, Manoj & Kumar, A. Ganesh
- 21-34 Dynamic adjustment in the US beef market with imports
by Buhr, Brian L. & Kim, Hanho
- 35-44 Identifying international rice research spillovers in New South Wales
by Brennan, John P. & Singh, Inder Pal & Lewin, Laurie G.
- 45-58 Developments in biophysical and bioeconomic simulation of agricultural systems: a review
by Oriade, Caleb A. & Dillon, Carl R.
- 59-74 Understanding the health and nutritional status of children in Ghana
by Asenso-Okyere, W. K. & Asante, F. A. & Nube, M.
- 75-87 Returns to smallholder dairying in the Kilimanjaro region, Tanzania
by Mdoe, Ntengua & Wiggins, Steve
August 1997, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 155-169 The estimation of marginal utility of income for application to agricultural policy analysis
by Neal Blue, E. & Tweeten, Luther
- 171-184 The market efficiency hypothesis: The case of coffee and cocoa futures
by Sabuhoro, Jean Bosco & Larue, Bruno
- 185-192 Technical efficiency in paddy farms of Tamil Nadu: An analysis based on farm size and ecological zone
by Tadesse, Bedassa & Krishnamoorthy, S.
- 193-204 Implications of the minimum access rice import on supply and demand balance of rice in Japan
by Kako, Toshiyuki & Gemma, Masahiko & Ito, Shoichi
- 205-217 The supply response of aggregate agricultural output in Jamaica
by Gafar, John
- 219-226 Utilizing conjoint analysis to design modern crop varieties: Empirical example for groundnut in Niger
by Baidu-Forson, Jojo & Ntare, Bonny R. & Waliyar, Farid
- 227-235 Fertilizer demand in Greece
by Mergos, G. J. & Stoforos, Ch. E.
- 237-243 Economic welfare analysis of policy-induced structural change in the Indonesian poultry industry
by Suwartini, Endang & Coffin, H. Garth & Gunjal, Kisan
May 1997, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 87-98 Emerging differences in state grain trading: Australia and Canada
by Carter, Colin A. & Wilson, William W.
- 99-109 Agricultural competitiveness: The case of the United States and major EU countries
by Gopinath, Munisamy & Arnade, Carlos & Shane, Mathew & Roe, Terry
- 111-124 Research and extension expenditures and productivity in Japanese agriculture, 1960-1990
by Kuroda, Yoshimi
- 125-138 Ex-ante agricultural research evaluation with site specific technology generation: the case of sorghum in Kenya
by Mills, Bradford F.
- 139-152 Sensitivity analysis of normative economic models: theoretical framework and practical strategies
by Pannell, David J.
- 153-154 The economics of agriculture : The Economics of Agriculture: Selected Papers of D. Gale Johnson (Vol. 1) and Papers in Honor of D. Gale Johnson (Vol. 2), by John M. Antle and Daniel Sumner (Editors), University of Chicago Press, Chicago, IL, 1996, xi + 352 and xvii + 437 pp., US$49.95 (Vol. 1) and US$59.95 (Vol. 2), ISBN 0-2264-0172-3 (Vol. 1) and ISBN 02264-0175-8 (Vol. 2)
by Behrman, Jere R.
March 1997, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-15 Private irrigation investment in Colombia: effects of violence, macroeconomic policy, and environmental conditions
by Dinar, Ariel & Keck, Andrew
- 17-34 The impact of prices and macroeconomic policies on agricultural supply: a synthesis of available results
by Mamingi, Nlandu
- 35-45 Wheat production in Saudi Arabia between feasibility and efficiency
by Al-Hamoudi, K. A. & Sherif, Sherin A. & Sofian, B. E.
- 47-53 Relative efficiency of women as farm managers: Profit function analysis in Cote d'Ivoire
by Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Djato, Kouakou K.
- 55-65 Technical change and irreversible investment under risk
by Mario Ekboir, Javier
- 67-76 Demand for dairy products in Mexico
by Tanyeri-Abur, Aysen & Parr Rosson, C. III
January 1997, Volume 15, Issue 3
- 155-167 Framing the Allais paradox as a daily farm decision problem: tests and explanations
by Finkelshtain, Israel & Feinerman, Eli
- 169-185 Food aid, food policy and the Uruguay round: implications for Bangladesh
by Warr, Peter G. & Ahammad, Helal
- 187-199 The economic and financial gains from water markets in Chile
by Hearne, Robert R. & William Easter, K.
- 201-212 Impact of domestic content requirement on the US tobacco and cigarette industries
by Beghin, John C. & Blake Brown, A. & Hasyim Zaini, M.
- 213-221 Stochastic dominance analysis of on-farm-trial data: The riskiness of alternative phosphate sources in Burkina Faso
by Hien, Victor & Kabore, Daniel & Youl, Sansan & Lowenberg-DeBoer, J.
- 223-225 Transforming agrarian economies : Transforming Agrarian Economies: Opportunities Seized, Opportunitis Missed, Thomas Tomich, Peter Kilby and Bruce Johnston, Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY, USA, 1995, xx + 474 pp., US$25.00, ISBN 0-8014-8245-3
by Peter Timmer, C.
November 1996, Volume 15, Issue 2
- 83-96 Impacts of trade liberalizations under the Uruguay round on the world sugar market
by Devadoss, Stephen & Kropf, Jurgen
- 97-112 Analysis of USA-European Community oilseeds agreements
by Ames, Glenn C. W. & Gunter, Lewell & Davis, Claudia D.
- 113-126 Nonparametric analysis of technical, pure technical, and scale efficiencies for food crop production in East Java, Indonesia
by Llewelyn, Richard V. & Williams, Jeffery R.
- 127-136 Farm productivity in Rwanda: effects of farm size, erosion, and soil conservation investments
by Byiringiro, Fidele & Reardon, Thomas
- 137-149 Planting strategies of maize farmers in Kenya: a simultaneous equations analysis in the presence of discrete dependent variables
by Hassan, Rashid M.
- 151-153 Science under scarcity: Principles and practice for agricultural research evaluation and priority setting : J.M. Alston, G.W. Norton, and P.G. Pardey. Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY, 1995, 513 pp., US$39.95, ISBN 0-8014-2937-4
by Oehmke, James F.
September 1996, Volume 15, Issue 1
- 1-16 China's projected cereals deficits in a world context
by Alexandratos, Nikos
- 17-28 Production efficiency of Chinese agriculture: evidence from rural household survey data
by Wang, Jirong & Cramer, Gail L. & Wailes, Eric J.
- 29-46 Agreement on agriculture in the Uruguay round of GATT: from Punta del Este to Marrakesh
by Hassan, Zuhair A.
- 47-60 An application of cointegration theory in the estimation of the almost ideal demand system for food consumption in Bulgaria
by Balcombe, K. G. & Davis, J. R.
- 61-72 Unconventional adjustment strategies for rural households in the less developed areas in Greece
by Damianos, Dimitrios & Skuras, Dimitrios
- 73-75 The economics of agricultural technology in semi-arid Sub-Saharan Africa : J.H. Sanders, B.I. Shapiro and S. Ramaswamy. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, 1996, xxiii + 303 pp., US$55.00, ISBN 0-8018-5139-4
by Kelly, Valerie
August 1996, Volume 14, Issue 3
- 143-157 Economy-wide reform and agricultural recovery: Observations of economic Darwinism among transition economies
by Valdes, Alberto & Gnaegy, Suzanne
- 159-173 Econometric estimation of a global spillover matrix for wheat varietal technology
by Maredia, Mywish K. & Ward, Richard & Byerlee, Derek
- 175-184 Sustainable development of forest resources in industrialized countries
by McKillop, William & Sarkar, Amin
- 185-200 Challenges in quantitative economic analysis in support of multilateral trade negotiations
by Meilke, Karl D. & McClatchy, Don & Gorter, Harry de
- 201-212 Assessing the effects of tariff reform on U.S. food manufacturing industries: the role of imperfect competition and intermediate inputs
by Lanclos, D. Kent & Hertel, Thomas W. & Devadoss, Stephen
July 1996, Volume 14, Issue 2
- 73-83 A study of economic efficiency of Iranian farmers in Ramjerd district: an application of stochastic programming
by Torkamani, Javad & Hardaker, J. Brian
- 85-91 Modelling agricultural production of small-scale farmers in sub-Saharan Africa: A case study in western Kenya
by Odulaja, Adedapo & Kiros, Fassil G.
- 93-102 Farm size, relative efficiency and agrarian policy in Cote d'Ivoire: profit function analysis of rice farms
by Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Djato, Kouakou K.
- 103-122 Endogenous risk in weed control management
by Archer, David W. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 123-133 Dynamic relationships between US and Thai rice prices
by Taylor, Earl L. & Bessler, David A. & Waller, Mark L. & Rister, M. Edward
- 135-142 Farmers' time allocation between farm work and off-farm work and the importance of unobserved group effects: evidence from Israeli cooperatives
by Kimhi, Ayal
April 1996, Volume 14, Issue 1
- 1-9 Fungicide use under risk in Swiss wheat production
by Gotsch, Nikolaus & Regev, Uri
- 11-19 The dynamics of household beef consumption in Cameroon
by Emmanuel Tambi, N.
- 21-31 Expectations, supply response, and marketing boards: An example from Kenya
by Winter-Nelson, Alex
- 33-44 Profitability, efficiency and comparative advantage of African cattle meat and milk production: the case of trypanotolerant village cattle production
by Itty, P.
- 45-60 Quantifying the socio-economic determinants of sustainable crop production: an application to wheat cultivation in the Tarai of Nepal
by Ali, Mubarik
- 61-63 World agriculture: Toward 2000, an FAO study : Nikos Alexandratos (Editor). Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations and John Wiley and Sons, Chichester, UK / New York, USA, 1995, xxvi + 488 pp., US $50.00. ISBN 92-5-103590-3
by Crosson, Pierre
- 63-64 Modern rice technology and income distribution in Asia : Christina C. David and Keijiro Otsuka (Editors). Lynne Rienner Publishers, Boulder, CO, USA, 1994. xxiii + 473 pp., $19.95. ISBN 1-55587-431-2
by Pederson, Glenn D.
- 65-66 Feeding and greening the world: The role of international agricultural research : Derek E. Tribe. CAB International (in association with the Crawford Fund for International Agricultural Research), Wallingford, UK, xiii + 274 pp., UK [UK pound]16.95 and US $29.50. ISBN 0-85198-920-9
by Farrar, Curtis
February 1996, Volume 13, Issue 3
- 149-161 Introducing socioeconomic characteristics into production analysis under risk
by Feinerman, Eli & Finkelshtain, Israel
- 163-177 Economic impacts of East Coast Fever immunization on smallholder farms, Kenya: a simulation analysis
by Nyangito, Hezron O. & Richardson, James W. & Mundy, Darrell S. & Mukhebi, Adrian W. & Zimmel, Peter & Namken, Jerry
- 179-189 The impact of floods on the adoption rate of high-yielding rice varieties in Bangladesh
by Azam, Jean-Paul
- 191-199 Efficient income redistribution for a small country using optimal combined instruments
by Salhofer, K.
- 201-204 Measuring research benefits in an imperfect market
by Sexton, Richard J. & Sexton, Terri A.
- 205-205 Measuring research benefits in an imperfect market
by Voon, Thomas J.
- 207-208 AGECONCD : Produced by CAB International; distributed by Silver Platter. Silver Platter Information, Norwood, MA. US$ 5000 for the retrospective, covering 1973 -- present, plus US$ 1400 per year for quarterly updates. Retrospective contains 240 000 + records, with 14 000 + records added annually. Available for PC, Windows, and Macintosh formats
by Klosky, Patricia
- 208-210 The Emerging Global Food System : Gerald E. Gaull, Ray A. Goldberg et al. Wiley, Sussex, 1993, xii + 252 pp., US$81. ISBN 0-471-5907-2
by White, T. Kelley
- 210-211 Sustainable agriculture in the American midwest: Lessons from the past, prospects for the future : Gregory McIsaac and William R. Edwards (Editors), University of Illinois Press, Urbana, IL, Chicago, IL, 1994, 291 pp., US$32.95. ISBN 0-2520-21 00-2
by Peterson, E. Wesley F.
November 1995, Volume 13, Issue 2
- 75-88 U.S. corn exports: the role of the exchange rate
by Babula, Ronald A. & Ruppel, Fred J. & Bessler, David A.
- 89-99 Poverty alleviation in Mozambique: a multi-market analysis of the role of food aid
by Dorosh, Paul & del Ninno, Carlo & Sahn, David E.
- 101-108 A decision support system for strategic planning on pig farms
by Backus, G. B. C. & Timmer, G. Th. & Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Eidman, V. R. & Vos, F.
- 109-117 Farm-level nonparametric analysis of cost-minimization and profit-maximization behavior
by Featherstone, Allen M. & Moghnieh, Ghassan A. & Goodwin, Barry K.
- 119-123 Are piglet prices rational hog price forecasts?
by Gjolberg, Ole
- 125-135 Dynamic modelling of agroforestry and soil fertility interactions: implications for multi-disciplinary research policy
by Chandra Babu, Suresh & Hallam, Arne & Rajasekaran, B.
- 137-148 Implications of alternative environmental policies on phosphorus loading from poultry litter
by Govindasamy, Ramu & Cochran, Mark J.
October 1995, Volume 13, Issue 1
- 1-9 Farmers' perceptions and adoption of new agricultural technology: evidence from analysis in Burkina Faso and Guinea, West Africa
by Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Baidu-Forson, Jojo
- 11-25 Restructuring of traditional farms and new land relations in Russia
by Brooks, Karen & Lerman, Zvi
- 27-37 Restructuring of traditional farms and new land relations in Ukraine
by Lerman, Zvi & Brooks, Karen & Csaki, Csaba
- 39-49 Agriculture as a provider of public goods: a case study for Norway
by Brunstad, Rolf Jens & Gaasland, Ivar & Vardal, Erling
- 51-61 Sources of agricultural productivity growth and stagnation in sub-Saharan Africa
by Frisvold, George & Ingram, Kevin
- 63-64 No condition is permanent: The social dynamics of agrarian change in sub-Saharan Africa : Sara Berry, The University of Wisconsin Press, Madison, WI, 1993, xiv + 258 pp., US$22.50, ISBN 0-299-13934-4
by Jones, Stephen
- 64-66 Hungry dreams: The failure of food policy in revolutionary Nicaragua 1979-1990 : Brizio N. Biondi-Morra. Cornell University Press, Ithaca, NY, 1993, xiv + 214 pp., US$35.00, ISBN 0- 8014-26634
by Colyer, Dale
- 66-68 Ghana under structural adjustment: The impact on agriculture and the rural poor : Alexander Sarris and Hadi Shams. New York University Press, New York, 1991, xxiv + 228 pp., US$29.95, ISBN 9-2907-2001-8
by Abdulai, Awudu
- 68-71 The agrarian origins of commerce and industry : Yujiro Hayami and Toshihiko Kawagoe. St. Martin's Press, New York, 1993, [UK pound]40, ISBN 0-312-08621-0
by Tan Siew Hoey
- 71-72 Famine and food security in Ethiopia: Lessons for Africa : Patrick Webb and Joachim von Braun. John Wiley, Chichester, 1994, vii + 158 pp., [UK pound]14.95. ISBN 0-471-94821-7
by Aredo, Dejene
September 1995, Volume 12, Issue 3
- 193-240 Agricultural economics: an educational and research agenda for nations in transition
by Peters, G.H.
August 1995, Volume 12, Issue 2
- 115-128 Liberalization of agricultural input markets in Bangladesh: process, impact, and lessons
by Ahmed, Raisuddin
- 129-140 Soil conservation and governmental policies in tropical areas: Does aid worsen the incentives for arresting erosion?
by Grepperud, Sverre
- 141-150 The cost of agricultural production risk
by Babcock, Bruce A. & Shogren, Jason F.
- 151-162 Landlords and farmers: implications of disparities in bargaining power for tenancy in agriculture
by Andersson, H.
- 163-170 A partial adjustment model with rational expectations applied to the goat sector in Greece
by Fotopoulos, Christos V.
- 171-181 Segmentation in the informal credit markets: the case of the Philippines
by Nagarajan, Geetha & Meyer, Richard L. & Hushak, Leroy J.
- 183-192 Returns from research in economies with policy distortions: hybrid sorghum in Sudan
by Ahmed, Mohamed M. & Masters, William A. & Sanders, John H.
April 1995, Volume 12, Issue 1
- 1-9 Approximation methods for ranking risky investment alternatives
by Bigman, David
- 11-21 Value of moving from central planning to a market system: lessons from the Israeli water sector
by Becker, Nir
- 23-35 Equity and efficiency considerations in area versus individual yield insurance
by Turvey, Calum G. & Islam, Zahirul
- 37-53 How integrated are world beef markets? The case of Australian and U.S. beef markets
by Diakosavvas, Dimitris
- 55-68 Labor productivity measurement in Japanese agriculture, 1956-1990
by Kuroda, Yoshimi
- 69-78 Effects of agricultural production fluctuations on the Chinese macroeconomy
by Ran, Guanghe & In, Francis & Dillon, John L.
- 79-90 Price expectations of sheep and goats by producers and intermediaries in Quetta market, Pakistan
by Rodriguez, Abelardo & Ali, Imran & Afzal, Muhammad & Shah, Nisar A. & Mustafa, Usman
- 91-98 Estimating preference change in meat demand in Saudi Arabia
by Al-Kahtani, Safer H. & Sofian, Badr El-din E.
- 99-107 Estimation of dynamic maize supply response in Zambia
by Foster, Kenneth A. & Mwanaumo, Anthony
December 1994, Volume 11, Issue 2-3
- 99-110 Impacts of official development assistance on agricultural growth, savings and agricultural imports
by Kherallah, Mylene W. & Beghin, John C. & Peterson, E. Wesley F. & Ruppel, Fred J.
- 111-123 Compensated optimal response under uncertainty in agricultural household models
by Saha, Atanu
- 125-141 Farmers and the U.S. Congress: rethinking basic institutional assumptions about agricultural policy
by Browne, William P. & Paik, Won K.
- 143-158 Alternative models of input allocation in multicrop systems: irrigation water in the central plains, United States
by Moore, Michael R. & Gollehon, Noel R. & Carey, Marc B.
- 159-170 Role of information in the adoption of best management practices for water quality improvement
by Feather, Peter M. & Amacher, Gregory S.
- 171-189 Estimating random effects production function models with selectivity bias: an application to Swedish crop producers
by Heshmati, Almas
- 191-196 Impacts of land fragmentation on the cost of producing wheat in the rain-fed region of northern Jordan
by Jabarin, Amer S. & Epplin, Francis M.
- 197-206 Measurement of cost inefficiency with safety first measure of risk
by Parikh, Ashok & Shah, Mir Kalan
- 207-217 Demand for food in Myanmar (Burma)
by Soe, T. & Batterham, R. L. & Drynan, R. G.
- 219-235 Determinants of agriculture's relative decline: Thailand
by Martin, Will J. & Warr, Peter G.
- 237-256 Evaluation of external market effects and government intervention in Malaysia's agricultural sector: a computable general equilibrium framework
by Yeah, Kim Leng & Yanagida, John F. & Yamauchi, Hiroshi
- 257-269 On-site economic evaluation of soil conservation practices in Honduras
by Carcamo, Julio A. & Alwang, Jeffrey & Norton, George W.
- 271-288 Economics of erosion-control and seed-fertilizer technologies for hillside farming in Honduras
by Lopez-Pereira, Miguel A. & Sanders, John H. & Baker, Timothy G. & Preckel, Paul V.
- 289-299 Managerial form, ownership and efficiency: a case-study of Argentine agriculture
by Gallacher, Marcos & Goetz, Stephan J. & Debertin, David L.
- 301-309 Impacts of FFW on nutrition in rural Kenya
by Athanasios, Athanasenas & Bezuneh, Mesfin & Deaton, Brady J.
- 311-324 Market liberalization and integration of maize markets in Malawi
by Goletti, Francesco & Babu, Suresh
- 325-333 Profitability analysis of foodgrain in the Sudan's irrigated agricultural sector
by Gumaa, Yusuf T. & Faki, Hamid H. & Mohamed, Abu Bakr I. & Ismail, Mohamed A.
- 335-343 Effects of household size and composition on consumption in rural households in Matabeleland South, Zimbabwe
by Young, Trevor & Hamdok, Abdalla A.
September 1994, Volume 11, Issue 1
- 1-17 Differential human capital and structural evolution in agriculture
by Rodgers, John L.
- 19-28 An analysis of population growth, Green Revolution and terms of trade in the presence of cropsharing in agriculture
by Taslim, M. A.
- 29-42 From weed to wealth? Prospects for medic pastures in the Mediterranean farming system of north-west Syria
by Nordblom, Thomas L. & Pannell, David J. & Christiansen, Scott & Nersoyan, Nerses & Bahhady, Faik
- 43-49 Farmer-to-farmer transfer of new crop varieties: an empirical analysis on small farms in Uganda
by Grisley, W.
- 51-59 Japan's peanut import demand: implications for United States exports
by Zhang, Ping & Fletcher, Stanley M. & Carley, Dale H.
- 61-69 Food demand in rural China: evidence from rural household survey
by Fan, Shenggen & Cramer, Gail & Wailes, Eric
- 71-81 Impact of eliminating government interventions on China's rice sector
by Fan, Shenggen & Wailes, Eric & Cramer, Gail
- 83-91 Ex ante assessment of the returns to livestock disease control in Indonesia
by Patrick, I. W. & Vere, D. T.
- 93-94 Environmental Economics: Policies for environmental management and sustainable development.: Clem Tisdell. Edward Elgar/Gower, Aldershot, England/Brookfield, VT, USA, 1993. xii + 259 pp, US$59.95. ISBN 1-8527- 8639-6
by Anderson, Jock R.
- 94-96 The political economy of food and nutrition policies : Per Pinstrup-Andersen (Editor). Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD, USA/London, 1993. xx + 277 pp. ISBN 0-8018-4480-0
by Rukuni, Mandi
- 96-98 U.S.S.R.: a world bank symposium. : Avishay Braverman, Karen M. Brooks, Csaba Csaki (Editors). World Bank, Washington, DC, USA. ix + 314 pp., US$ 31.95. ISBN 0-8213-2322-9
by Von Braun, Joachim
May 1994, Volume 10, Issue 3
- 207-217 Resource supplies and changing world agricultural comparative advantage
by Tobey, James A. & Chomo, G. V.
- 219-231 Technology, production environment, and household income: Assessing the regional impacts of technological change
by Renkov, Mitch
- 233-243 Value of information on crop response function to soil salinity in a farm-level optimization model
by Feinerman, Eli
- 245-256 Evidence of the empirical relevance of the infant industry argument for the protection of Brazilian ethanol production
by Rask, Kevin
- 257-267 International trade in a differentiated good: trade elasticities in the world rice market
by Agcaoili-Sombilla, Mercedita C. & Rosegrant, Mark W.
- 269-282 Returns to wheat breeding research in Nepal
by Morris, Michael L. & Dubin, H. J. & Pokhrel, Thaneswar
- 283-295 'Second-generation' MVs and the evolution of the green revolution: the case of Central Luzon, 1966-1990
by Otsuka, Keijiro & Gascon, Fe & Asano, Seki
- 297-305 The law of one price: a test based on prices for selected inputs in New Zealand agriculture
by Delpachitra, S. B. & St Hill, R. L.
- 307-316 Asymmetry in beef, lamb and pork farm-retail price transmission in Australia
by Griffith, G. R. & Piggott, N. E.
April 1994, Volume 10, Issue 2
- 107-123 Sustaining growth in agriculture: A quantitative review of agricultural research investments
by Anderson, Jock R. & Pardey, Philip G. & Roseboom, Johannes
- 125-141 Sources of EC horticultural import growth from developing countries
by Alvarez-Coque, Jose Maria Garcia & Bautista, Romeo M.
- 143-152 Efficiency estimation in a profit maximising model using flexible production function
by Kumbhakar, Subal C.
- 153-164 Impact of hybrid rice on input demand and productivity
by Lin, Justin Yifu
- 165-177 Separability in farm-household economics: An experiment with linear programming
by Delforce, Julie C.
- 179-191 Production technologies in Ethiopian agriculture
by Kidane, Asmerom & Abler, David G.
- 193-200 Extensification of agriculture and deforestation: Empirical evidence from Sudan
by Elnagheeb, Abdelmoneim H. & Bromley, Daniel W.
- 201-206 A critical assessment of the political preference function approach in agricultural economics
by Bullock, David S. & Jeong, Kyeong-Soo
January 1994, Volume 10, Issue 1
- 1-11 Evaluating alternative price expectation models for multiproduct supply analysis
by McIntosh, Christopher S. & Shumway, C. Richard
- 13-25 Modernization of a peasant crop in Colombia: Evidence and implications
by Janssen, Willem & de Londono, Norha Ruiz
- 27-37 Efficiency in agricultural production: The case of peasant farmers in eastern Paraguay
by Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Evenson, Robert E.
- 39-47 Impacts of the training and visit extension system on farmers' knowledge and adoption of technology: Evidence from Pakistan
by Hussain, Syed Sajidin & Byerlee, Derek & Heisey, Paul W.
- 49-59 Testing two trade models in Latin American agriculture
by Arnade, Carlos Anthony
- 61-70 Impact of the US-EC price war on major wheat exporters' shares of the Chinese market
by Ahmadi-Esfahani, Fredoun Z. & Jensen, Paul H.
- 71-80 Agricultural trade negotiations as a strategic game
by Makki, Shiva S. & Tweeten, Luther & Gleckler, James
- 81-88 A gravity model analysis of meat trade policies
by Koo, Won W. & Karemera, David & Taylor, Richard
- 89-93 Measuring research benefits in an imperfect market
by Voon, T. J.
- 95-99 Gendered impacts of fertilizer subsidy removal programs in Malawi and Cameroon
by Smale, Melinda & Heisey, Paul W.
December 1993, Volume 9, Issue 4
- 279-296 Measuring the sustainability and economic viability of tropical farming systems: a model from sub-Saharan Africa
by Ehui, Simeon K. & Spencer, Dunstan S. C.
- 297-311 Technology characteristics, farmers' perceptions and adoption decisions: A Tobit model application in Sierra Leone
by Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Zinnah, Moses M.
- 313-333 Estimation of stochastic frontier production functions with time-varying parameters and technical efficiencies using panel data from Indian villages
by Battese, G. E. & Tessema, G. A.
- 335-346 Agricultural policy adjustments in the Korean rice economy
by Kwon, Yong Dae & Yamauchi, Hiroshi
- 347-356 A generalized armington trade model: Respecification
by Yang, Seung-Ryong & Koo, Won W.
- 357-360 Environmental economic policy -- Dutch perspectives: issues of environmental economic policy : W.J.M. Heijman and J.J. Krabbe (Editors). Wageningse Economische Studies, 24. Pudoc, Agricultural University Wageningen, The Netherlands, 1992. Paperback, 236 pp., US$33.00. ISBN 90-6754-205-9
by Scherr, Sara J.
- 360-361 Demand analysis, econometrics, and policy models: Selected writings by Karl A. Fox : E. Thorbecke, S.R. Johnson and J.K. Sengupta (Editors). Iowa State University Press, IA, USA, 1992. xxxv +345 pp., US $49.95 ISBN 0-8138-0324-1
by Manderscheid, Lester V.
September 1993, Volume 9, Issue 3
- 183-201 Analysis of the technical efficiency of state rubber farms in Vietnam
by Vo Hung Son, Tran & Coelli, Tim & Fleming, Euan
- 203-214 Risk analysis of new maize technology in Zaire: a portfolio approach
by Ames, Glenn C. W. & Reid, Donald W. & Hsiou, Li-Fang
- 215-239 Maize acreage response under differential prices in the Republic of Benin, West Africa
by Honfoga, Barthelemy G.
- 241-267 Peasant household modelling: Farming systems evolution and sustainability in northern Zambia
by Holden, Stein T.
- 269-271 The green revolution reconsidered: The impact of high yielding rice varieties in South India. : Peter B.R. Hazell and C. Ramasamy (Editors). The Johns Hopkins university press, Baltimore, MD, USA, 1991. xvi+ 268 pp., US $90.00. ISBN 0-8018-4185-2
by Ruttan, Vernon W.
- 271-274 Disarray in world food markets: A quantitative assesment : Rod Tyers and Kym Anderson. Cambridge university press, Cambridge, UK, 1992. 444 pp. US$ 59.95. ISBN 0-521-35105-7
by Koester, Ulrich
- 274-276 The world food problem: Tackling the causes of undernutrition in the third world : Phillips Foster. Lynne Rienner, Boulder, CO, USA, 1992. 372 pp., US$45.00. ISBN 1-55587-274-3
by Fox, Roger
- 276-278 Agricultural economics and rural sociology: The contemporary literature : Wallace Olsen. The Cornell university press, Ithaca, NY, USA, 1991. 304 pp., $45.00. ISBN 8-0142-6774
by Voth, Donald E.
August 1993, Volume 9, Issue 2
- 89-108 Production economics: Worthwhile investment?
by Shumway, C. Richard
- 109-126 Estimating feed utilisation matrices using a cost function approach
by Peeters, Ludo & Surry, Yves
- 127-143 Advanced breakeven analysis of agricultural enterprise budgets
by Dillon, Carl R.
- 145-154 Inflation, capital markets and the supply of beef
by Sapelli, Claudio
- 155-163 Demand for red meat, poultry, and fish in Morocco: an almost ideal demand system
by Mdafri, Abdellah & Wade Brorsen, B.
- 165-180 Agriculture-led growth: foodgrains versus export crops in Madagascar
by Dorosh, Paul & Haggblade, Steven
July 1993, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-13 Chile's agricultural diversification
by Arnade, Carlos & Sparks, Amy
- 15-35 An application of target MOTAD model to crop production in Zambia: Gwembe Valley as a case study
by Maleka, Phiri
- 37-51 Growth in horticultural trade: Japan's market for developing countries
by Honma, Masayoshi
- 53-87 Price and quantity controlled agricultural markets and disequilibrium econometrics: A survey
by Oczkowski, Edward
June 1993, Volume 8, Issue 4
- 267-273 Trade and development
by Petit, Michel & Gnaegy, Suzanne
- 275-294 International trade and agricultural development in developing countries: Significance of the Uruguay round of GATT negotiations
by Koester, Ulrich
- 295-311 Mix and sequencing of economywide and agricultural reforms: Chile and New Zealand
by Valdes, Alberto
- 313-343 Implications of agricultural trade liberalization for the developing countries
by Brandao, Antonio Salazar P. & Martin, Will J.
- 345-375 Trade and agricultural development in the 1980s and the challenges for the 1990s: Asia
by Bautista, Romeo M.
- 377-400 Trade and agricultural development in the 1980s and the challenges for the 1990s: Latin America
by Schuh, G. Edward & Junguito, Roberto