Valuing groundwater recharge through agricultural production in the Hadejia-Nguru wetlands in northern Nigeria
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward B. Barbier, 1994. "Valuing Environmental Functions: Tropical Wetlands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 155-173.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Caroline King-Okumu, 2018. "Valuing Environmental Benefit Streams in the Dryland Ecosystems of Sub-Saharan Africa," Land, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(4), pages 1-23, November.
- Wenjuan Cheng & Alessio D'Amato & Giacomo Pallante, 2018. "Benefit sharing mechanisms for agricultural genetic diversity use and in-situ conservation," SEEDS Working Papers 1018, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised May 2018.
- Nunez, Daisy & Nahuelhual, Laura & Oyarzun, Carlos, 2006. "Forests and water: The value of native temperate forests in supplying water for human consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 606-616, June.
- Bauer, Dana Marie & Johnston, Robert J., 2013. "Foreword: The Economics of Rural and Agricultural Ecosystem Services: Purism versus Practicality," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 42(1), pages 1-13, April.
- Molle, Francois & Closas, Alvar, 2017. "Groundwater governance: a synthesis. [Project report of the Groundwater Governance in the Arab World - Taking Stock and Addressing the Challenges]," IWMI Reports 273351, International Water Management Institute.
- Bostian, Moriah B. & Dupraz, Pierre & Minviel, Jean Joseph, 2015.
"Production effects of wetland conservation: evidence from France,"
210465, Institut National de la recherche Agronomique (INRA), Departement Sciences Sociales, Agriculture et Alimentation, Espace et Environnement (SAE2).
- Moriah B. Bostian. & Pierre Dupraz & Jean Joseph Minviel, 2015. "Production effects of wetland conservation: evidence from France," Working Papers SMART - LERECO 15-12, INRA UMR SMART-LERECO.
- Yongping Wei & Brian Davidson & Deli Chen & Robert White & Baoguo Li & Jiaboa Zhang, 2007. "Can Contingent Valuation be Used to Measure the in Situ Value of Groundwater on the North China Plain?," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 21(10), pages 1735-1749, October.
- Barbier,Edward B., 2007. "Natural Resources and Economic Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521706513.
- Ming, Jiang & Xian-guo, Lu & Lin-shu, Xu & Li-juan, Chu & Shouzheng, Tong, 2007. "Flood mitigation benefit of wetland soil -- A case study in Momoge National Nature Reserve in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 217-223, March.
- Zhang, Wei & Kato, Edward & Bhandary, Prapti & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Ibrahim, Hassan Ishaq & Agbonlahor, Mure Uhunamure & Ibrahim, Hussaini Yusu, 2015. "Communitiesâ€™ perceptions and knowledge of ecosystem services: Evidence from rural communities in Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 1418, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Lina Sun & Wenxi Lu & Qingchun Yang & Jordi Martín & Di Li, 2013. "Ecological Compensation Estimation of Soil and Water Conservation Based on Cost-Benefit Analysis," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 27(8), pages 2709-2727, June.
- Hassan, R.M. & Crafford, J.G., 2015. "Measuring the contribution of ecological composition and functional services of ecosystems to the dynamics of KwaZulu-Natal coast fisheries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 306-313.
- Ahmad, Zeeshan & Hussain, Ashtar & Shakeel, Amna, 2019. "Economics Importance of Wetlands, their Benefits and Values Case of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 95260, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zhang, Wei & Kato, Edward & Bhandary, Prapti & Nkonya, Ephraim & Ibrahim, Hassan Ishaq & Agbonlahor, Mure & Ibrahim, Hussaini Yusuf, 2015. "Communities' Perceptions and Knowledge of Ecosystem Service," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212605, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Schuyt, Kirsten D., 2005. "Economic consequences of wetland degradation for local populations in Africa," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 177-190, April.
- Matete, Mampiti & Hassan, Rashid, 2006. "Integrated ecological economics accounting approach to evaluation of inter-basin water transfers: An application to the Lesotho Highlands Water Project," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 246-259, November.
- Acharya, Gayatri, 2000. "Approaches to valuing the hidden hydrological services of wetland ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 63-74, October.
- Khan, Shahbaz & Mushtaq, Shahbaz & Hanjra, Munir A. & Schaeffer, Jürgen, 2008. "Estimating potential costs and gains from an aquifer storage and recovery program in Australia," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(4), pages 477-488, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:22:y:2000:i:3:p:247-259. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.