Development and government policies of the shrimp farming industry in Thailand in relation to mangrove ecosystems
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronnback, Patrik, 1999. "The ecological basis for economic value of seafood production supported by mangrove ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 235-252, May.
- Jack Ruitenbeek, H., 1994. "Modelling economy-ecology linkages in mangroves: Economic evidence for promoting conservation in Bintuni Bay, Indonesia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 233-247, August.
- Suthawan Sathirathai, 1998. "Economic Valuation of Mangroves and the Roles of Local Communities in the Conservation of Natural Resources: Case Study of Surat Thani, South of Thailand," EEPSEA Research Report rr1998061, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Jun 1998.
- Goss, Jasper & Burch, David & Rickson, Roy E., 2000. "Agri-Food Restructuring and Third World Transnationals: Thailand, the CP Group and the Global Shrimp Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 513-530, March.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1994. "Valuing Environmental Functions: Tropical Wetlands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 155-173.
- Naylor, Rosamond & Drew, Mark, 1998. "Valuing mangrove resources in Kosrae, Micronesia," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(04), pages 471-490, October.
- Flaherty, Mark & Vandergeest, Peter & Miller, Paul, 1999. "Rice Paddy or Shrimp Pond: Tough Decisions in Rural Thailand," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2045-2060, December.
- Thongrak, Sutonya & Prato, Tony & Chiayvareesajja, Sommai & Kurtz, William, 1997. "Economic and water quality evaluation of intensive shrimp production systems in Thailand," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 121-141.
- LÓpez, RamÓn & Scoseria, Carmen, 1996. "Environmental sustainability and poverty in Belize: a policy paper," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 289-307, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roberto Sassi & Rosalve Marcelino & Cristiane Costa, 2008. "Social contrasts and land use conflicts in the context of sustainable development and management needs: a case study from an estuarine area at northeastern Brazil," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 167-178, April.
- Gowing, J. W. & Tuong, T. P. & Hoanh, Chu Thai, 2006. "Land and water management in coastal zones: dealing with agriculture, aquaculture, fishery conflicts," IWMI Books, Reports H039102, International Water Management Institute.
- Polimeni, John M., 2004. "Graduate education in ecological economics," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(3-4), pages 287-293, December.
- Junaid Alam Memon & Gopal B. Thapa, 2015. "Explaining the de facto Open-access of Public Property Commons," PIDE-Working Papers 2015:114, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Arquitt, Steve & Johnstone, Ron, 2008. "Use of system dynamics modelling in design of an environmental restoration banking institution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 63-75, March.
- Anh, Pham Thi & Kroeze, Carolien & Bush, Simon R. & Mol, Arthur P.J., 2010. "Water pollution by intensive brackish shrimp farming in south-east Vietnam: Causes and options for control," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 97(6), pages 872-882, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:40:y:2002:i:3:p:441-455. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.