Habitat–Fishery Linkages And Mangrove Loss In Thailand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jack Ruitenbeek, H., 1994. "Modelling economy-ecology linkages in mangroves: Economic evidence for promoting conservation in Bintuni Bay, Indonesia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 233-247, August.
- Swallow, Stephen K., 1990. "Depletion of the environmental basis for renewable resources: The economics of interdependent renewable and nonrenewable resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 281-296, November.
- Edward Barbier & Ivar Strand, 1998. "Valuing Mangrove-Fishery Linkages – A Case Study of Campeche, Mexico," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 151-166, September.
- Kahn, James R. & Kemp, W. Michael, 1985. "Economic losses associated with the degradation of an ecosystem: The case of submerged aquatic vegetation in Chesapeake Bay," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 246-263, September.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2000. "Valuing the environment as input: review of applications to mangrove-fishery linkages," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 47-61, October.
- S Sathirathai & EB Barbier, 2001. "Valuing Mangrove Conservation In Southern Thailand," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 19(2), pages 109-122, April.
- Thongrak, Sutonya & Prato, Tony & Chiayvareesajja, Sommai & Kurtz, William, 1997. "Economic and water quality evaluation of intensive shrimp production systems in Thailand," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 53(2-3), pages 121-141.
- Freeman, A. III, 1991. "Valuing environmental resources under alternative management regimes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 247-256, September.
- Maureen Cropper & Charles Griffiths & Muthukumara Mani, 1999. "Roads, Population Pressures, and Deforestation in Thailand, 1976-1989," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 75(1), pages 58-73.
- McConnell, Kenneth E. & Strand, Ivar E., 1989. "Benefits from commercial fisheries when demand and supply depend on water quality," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 284-292, November.
- Angelsen, Arild, 1999. "Agricultural expansion and deforestation: modelling the impact of population, market forces and property rights," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 185-218, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicolas Sanz & Bassirou Diop & Fabian Blanchard & Luis Lampert, 2017.
"On the influence of environmental factors on harvest: the French Guiana shrimp fishery paradox,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 19(2), pages 233-247, April.
- Nicolas Sanz & Bassirou Diop & Fabian Blanchard & Luis Lampert, 2013. "On The Influence Of Environmental Factors On Harvest: The French Guiana Shrimp Fishery Paradox," Documents de Travail 2013-04, CEREGMIA, Université des Antilles et de la Guyane.
- Natacha LASKOWSKI, 2013. "Optimal allocation of wetlands: Study on conflict between agriculture and fishery," Cahiers du GREThA 2013-07, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée (GREThA).
- Anderson, Lee G. & Parsons, George R., 2011. "Review of Valuation Studies for Coastal and Ocean Resources in Latin America and the Caribbean," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4486, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Tanner, Michael K. & Moity, Nicolas & Costa, Matthew T. & Marin Jarrin, Jose R. & Aburto-Oropeza, Octavio & Salinas-de-León, Pelayo, 2019. "Mangroves in the Galapagos: Ecosystem services and their valuation," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 12-24.
- Hassan, R.M. & Crafford, J.G., 2015. "Measuring the contribution of ecological composition and functional services of ecosystems to the dynamics of KwaZulu-Natal coast fisheries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 306-313.
- Smulders, Sjak & van Soest, Daan & Withagen, Cees, 2004.
"International trade, species diversity, and habitat conservation,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 891-910, September.
- Smulders, J.A. & van Soest, D.P. & Withagen, C.A.A.M., 2004. "International trade, species diversity and habitat conservation," Other publications TiSEM 806c53bc-ccb6-4c9a-b301-c, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Arquitt, Steve & Johnstone, Ron, 2008. "Use of system dynamics modelling in design of an environmental restoration banking institution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 63-75, March.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Bitew, Worku T., 2011. "Species diversity, fishing induced change in carrying capacity and sustainable fisheries management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1336-1343, May.
- Thanh Viet Nguyen & Lars Ravn-Jonsen & Niels Vestergaard, 2016. "Marginal Damage Cost of Nutrient Enrichment: The Case of the Baltic Sea," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 64(1), pages 109-129, May.
- Edward B. Barbier & Mark Cox, 2003. "Does Economic Development Lead to Mangrove Loss? A Cross‐Country Analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(4), pages 418-432, October.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2012. "A spatial model of coastal ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 70-79.
- Johannus Janmaat, 2012. "Fishing in a Shallow Lake: Exploring a Classic Fishery Model in a Habitat with Shallow Lake Dynamics," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(2), pages 215-239, February.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:21:y:2003:i:1:p:59-77. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.