Species diversity, fishing induced change in carrying capacity and sustainable fisheries management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Barbier, Edward B., 2000. "Valuing the environment as input: review of applications to mangrove-fishery linkages," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 47-61, October.
- Akpalu, Wisdom, 2009. "Economics of biodiversity and sustainable fisheries management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2729-2733, August.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2003. "Habitat-Fishery Linkages And Mangrove Loss In Thailand," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 59-77, January.
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 1998. "Marine Reserves: Is There a Free Lunch?," Discussion Papers dp-99-09, Resources For the Future.
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Unobserved diversity, depletion and irreversibility The importance of subpopulations for management of cod stocks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 566-574, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Akpalu, Wisdom, 2013. "Foreign Aid and Sustainable Fisheries Management in Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Quérou, N. & Tomini, A., 2013.
"Managing interacting species in unassessed fisheries,"
Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 192-201.
- Nicolas Quérou & Agnès Tomini, 2012. "Managing interacting species in unassessed fisheries," Working Papers 12-32, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Oct 2012.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Worku T. Bitew, 2017. "Externalities and foreign capital in aquaculture production in developing countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 001, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Richard W. Ryan & Daniel S. Holland & Guillermo E. Herrera, 2014. "Ecosystem Externalities in Fisheries," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 39-53.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Worku Bitew, 2014. "Optimum reserve size, fishing induced change in carrying capacity, and phenotypic diversity," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 289-304, October.
More about this item
KeywordsFishing impact on carrying capacity Fishing policy Phenotypic diversity Stock collapse;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:70:y:2011:i:7:p:1336-1343. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.