Marine Protected Areas: Economic and Social Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanchirico, James, 2000. "Marine Protected Areas as Fishery Policy: A Discussion of the Potential Costs and Benefits," Discussion Papers dp-00-23-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 1998. "Marine Reserves: Is There a Free Lunch?," Discussion Papers dp-99-09, Resources For the Future.
- Pezzey, John C. V. & Roberts, Callum M. & Urdal, Bjorn T., 2000. "A simple bioeconomic model of a marine reserve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 77-91, April.
- Farrow, Scott, 1996. "Marine protected areas: emerging economics," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 439-446, November.
- Boersma, P. Dee & Parrish, Julia K., 1999. "Limiting abuse: marine protected areas, a limited solution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 287-304, November.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 1999. "Bioeconomics of Spatial Exploitation in a Patchy Environment," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 129-150, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cook, Taylor C. & James, Kira & Bearzi, Maddalena, 2015. "Angler perceptions of California sea lion (Zalophus californianus) depredation and marine policy in Southern California," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 573-583.
- Bennett, Nathan James & Dearden, Philip, 2014. "From measuring outcomes to providing inputs: Governance, management, and local development for more effective marine protected areas," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(PA), pages 96-110.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:368:y:2018:i:c:p:121-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bennett, Nathan James & Dearden, Philip, 2014. "Why local people do not support conservation: Community perceptions of marine protected area livelihood impacts, governance and management in Thailand," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 107-116.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:148:y:2018:i:c:p:121-130 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sophal Chhun & Viktoria Kahui & Henrik Moller & Paul Thorsnes, 2015. "Advancing Marine Policy Toward Ecosystem-Based Management by Eliciting Public Preferences," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(3), pages 261-275.
- Janmaat, Johannus A., 2005. "Sharing clams: tragedy of an incomplete commons," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 26-51, January.
- Hattam, C.E. & Mangi, S.C. & Gall, S.C. & Rodwell, L.D., 2014. "Social impacts of a temperate fisheries closure: understanding stakeholders' views," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 269-278.
- Vladimir Otrachshenko & Francesco Bosello, 2015. "Identifying the Link Between Coastal Tourism and Marine Ecosystems in the Baltic, North Sea, and Mediterranean Countries," Working Papers 2015.16, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
KeywordsMarine Protected Areas (MPAs); marine reserves; fisheries;
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-02-26. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.