Limiting abuse: marine protected areas, a limited solution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brown, Katrina & Adger, W. Neil & Tompkins, Emma & Bacon, Peter & Shim, David & Young, Kathy, 2001. "Trade-off analysis for marine protected area management," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 417-434, June.
- Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha & R. Quentin Grafton, 2004.
"Saving the Seas: The Economic Justification for Marine Reserves,"
International and Development Economics Working Papers
idec04-3, International and Development Economics.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Pham Van Ha & Tom Kompas, 2004. "Saving the Seas: The Economic Justification for Marine Reserves," Economics and Environment Network Working Papers 0402, Australian National University, Economics and Environment Network.
- Elvin, S.S. & Taggart, C.T., 2008. "Right whales and vessels in Canadian waters," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 379-386, May.
- repec:eee:ecomod:v:205:y:2007:i:3:p:381-396 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2006.
"The Economic Payoffs from Marine Reserves: Resource Rents in a Stochastic Environment,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 82(259), pages 469-480, December.
- R. Quentin Grafton & Tom Kompas & Pham Van Ha, 2005. "The Economic Payoffs from Marine Reserves: Resource Rents in a Stochastic Environment," International and Development Economics Working Papers idec05-3, International and Development Economics.
- Greenville, Jared W. & MacAulay, T. Gordon, 2004. "A bioeconomic model of a marine park," 2004 Conference (48th), February 11-13, 2004, Melbourne, Australia 58451, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Sterner, Thomas, 2007. "Unobserved diversity, depletion and irreversibility The importance of subpopulations for management of cod stocks," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(2-3), pages 566-574, March.
- Paul Hallwood, 2003. "Sustaining the Economic Rent of Oceanic Resources: The Case of Marine Protected Areas," Working papers 2003-20, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Sanchirico, James, 2000. "Marine Protected Areas as Fishery Policy: A Discussion of the Potential Costs and Benefits," Discussion Papers dp-00-23-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Sanchirico, James & Cochran, Kathryn & Emerson , Peter, 2002. "Marine Protected Areas: Economic and Social Implications," Discussion Papers dp-02-26, Resources For the Future.
- Polasky, Stephen & Costello, Christopher & Solow, Andrew, 2005. "The Economics of Biodiversity," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 29, pages 1517-1560 Elsevier.
- Hussain, S. Salman & Winrow-Giffin, Alexandra & Moran, Dominic & Robinson, Leonie A. & Fofana, Abdulai & Paramor, Odette A.L. & Frid, Chris L.J., 2010. "An ex ante ecological economic assessment of the benefits arising from marine protected areas designation in the UK," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(4), pages 828-838, February.
- Lai, Maria Bonaria, 2010. "Can fishing tourism improve sustainability of fishing chain?," 119th Seminar, June 30-July 2, 2010, Capri, Italy 119153, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Costanza, Robert & Andrade, Francisco & Antunes, Paula & van den Belt, Marjan & Boesch, Don & Boersma, Dee & Catarino, Fernando & Hanna, Susan & Limburg, Karin & Low, Bobbi, 1999. "Ecological economics and sustainable governance of the oceans," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 171-187, November.
- Sanchirico, James N., 2005. "Additivity properties in metapopulation models: implications for the assessment of marine reserves," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 2000. "The Impacts of Marine Reserves on Limited-Entry Fisheries," Discussion Papers dp-00-34, Resources For the Future.
- Imeson, R.J. & van den Bergh, J.C.J.M., 2006. "Policy failure and stakeholder dissatisfaction in complex ecosystem management: The case of the Dutch Wadden Sea shellfishery," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 488-507, April.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Worku Bitew, 2014. "Optimum reserve size, fishing induced change in carrying capacity, and phenotypic diversity," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 289-304, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:31:y:1999:i:2:p:287-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.