A bioeconomic model of a marine park
A spatial bioeconomic model of a fishery will be used to investigate the effect of creating a marine park in a heterogeneous environment. Focus will be placed on the relevant biological and economic conditions needed to provide a benefit to both fishers and conservationists alike. The fishing environment will be one of limited entry to better simulate the conditions which exist in many developed nations. Fishers will be assumed to operate across patched in which the fish stocks are linked via either sink-source or density dependant spatial relationships.
|Date of creation:||Feb 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: AARES Central Office Manager, Crawford School of Public Policy, ANU, Canberra ACT 0200|
Phone: 0409 032 338
Web page: http://www.aares.info/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 2000. "The Impacts of Marine Reserves on Limited-Entry Fisheries," Discussion Papers dp-00-34, Resources For the Future.
- Brown, Gardner & Roughgarden, Jonathan, 1997. "A metapopulation model with private property and a common pool," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 65-71, July.
- Martin D. Smith & James E. Wilen, 2002. "The Marine Environment: Fencing the Last Frontier," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 24(1), pages 31-42.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 1999. "Metapopulation dynamics and stochastic bioeconomic modeling," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 293-299, August.
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 1998. "Marine Reserves: Is There a Free Lunch?," Discussion Papers dp-99-09, Resources For the Future.
- Boersma, P. Dee & Parrish, Julia K., 1999. "Limiting abuse: marine protected areas, a limited solution," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 287-304, November.
- Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 2001. "A Bioeconomic Model of Marine Reserve Creation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 257-276, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:aare04:58451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.