Nature Reserves as a Bioeconomic Management Tool: A Simplified Modelling Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Gardner & Roughgarden, Jonathan, 1997. "A metapopulation model with private property and a common pool," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 65-71, July.
- Anders Skonhoft & Jan Tore Solstad, 1998. "The Political Economy of Wildlife Exploitation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 74(1), pages 16-31.
- R. Grafton & Tom Kompas & Viktoria Schneider, 2005. "The Bioeconomics of Marine Reserves: A Selected Review with Policy Implications," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 161-178, January.
- Schulz, Carl-Erik & Skonhoft, Anders, 1996. "Wildlife management, land-use and conflicts," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 1(03), pages 265-280, July.
- Sanchirico, James & Wilen, James, 2000. "The Impacts of Marine Reserves on Limited-Entry Fisheries," Discussion Papers dp-00-34, Resources For the Future.
- Smith, Martin D. & Wilen, James E., 2003. "Economic impacts of marine reserves: the importance of spatial behavior," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 183-206, September.
- Pezzey, John C. V. & Roberts, Callum M. & Urdal, Bjorn T., 2000. "A simple bioeconomic model of a marine reserve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 77-91, April.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1969. "On Models of Commercial Fishing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(2), pages 181-198, March/Apr.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sirén, Anders & Parvinen, Kalle, 2015. "A spatial bioeconomic model of the harvest of wild plants and animals," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 201-210.
- Reithe, Siv & Armstrong, Claire W. & Flaaten, Ola, 2014. "Marine protected areas in a welfare-based perspective," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 29-36.
- Lee, Joung-Hun & Iwasa, Yoh, 2011. "Tourists and traditional divers in a common fishing ground," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2350-2360.
- Sampson, Gabriel S. & Sanchirico, James N. & Wilen, James E., 2015. "Accounting for internal organization and spatial scale in spatial property rights fisheries," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205641, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsExtinction; Marine reserve; Maximum sustainable yield; Nature reserve; Resource management; Wildlife reserve; Q20;
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:47:y:2010:i:1:p:125-148. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .