Valuing Mangrove Conservation In Southern Thailand
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Edward Barbier & Ivar Strand, 1998. "Valuing Mangrove-Fishery Linkages – A Case Study of Campeche, Mexico," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 151-166, September.
- Edward B. Barbier, 1994. "Valuing Environmental Functions: Tropical Wetlands," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 70(2), pages 155-173.
- Bromley, D.W. & Cernea, M.M., 1989. "The Management Of Common Property Natural Resources - Some Conceptual And Operational Fallacies," World Bank - Discussion Papers 57, World Bank.
- Paul Seabright, 1993. "Managing Local Commons: Theoretical Issues in Incentive Design," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 7(4), pages 113-134, Fall.
- Lynne, Gary D. & Conroy, Patricia & Prochaska, Frederick J., 1981. "Economic valuation of marsh areas for marine production processes," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 175-186, June.
- Freeman, A. III, 1991. "Valuing environmental resources under alternative management regimes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 247-256, September.
- Carlisle Ford Runge, 1981. "Common Property Externalities: Isolation, Assurance, and Resource Depletion in a Traditional Grazing Context," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(4), pages 595-606.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adolfo Carbal Herrera & Johan Muñoz Carbal & Lindyley Solar Cumplido, 2015. "Valoración económica integral de los bienes y servicios ambientales ofertados por el ecosistema de manglar ubicado en la Ciénaga de la Virgen. Cartagena-Colombia," Revista Saber, Ciencia y Libertad, Universidad Libre - Sede Cartagena, vol. 10(1), pages 125-146, January.
- Farid Dahdouh-Guebas, 2002. "The Use of Remote Sensing and GIS in the Sustainable Management of Tropical Coastal Ecosystems," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 93-112, June.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2003. "Habitat–Fishery Linkages And Mangrove Loss In Thailand," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(1), pages 59-77, January.
- Roumasset, James & Wada, Christopher A., 2013.
"A dynamic approach to PES pricing and finance for interlinked ecosystem services: Watershed conservation and groundwater management,"
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 24-33.
- James Roumasset & Christopher Wada, 2012. "A Dynamic approach to PES pricing and finance for interlinked ecosystem services: Watershed conservation and groundwater management," Working Papers 2012-7, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Pascal, Nicolas & Allenbach, Michel & Brathwaite, Angelique & Burke, Lauretta & Le Port, Guillaume & Clua, Eric, 2016. "Economic valuation of coral reef ecosystem service of coastal protection: A pragmatic approach," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(PA), pages 72-80.
- Kluvánková, Tatiana & Gežík, Veronika, 2016. "Survival of commons? Institutions for robust forest social – ecological systems," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 175-185.
- Stoeckl, Natalie & Farr, Marina & Larson, Silva & Adams, Vanessa M. & Kubiszewski, Ida & Esparon, Michelle & Costanza, Robert, 2014. "A new approach to the problem of overlapping values: A case study in Australia×³s Great Barrier Reef," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 10(C), pages 61-78.
- James Roumasset & Christopher Wada, 2013. "Integrating Demand-Management with Development of Supply-Side Substitutes," Working Papers 2013-13, University of Hawaii Economic Research Organization, University of Hawaii at Manoa.
- Rao, Nalini S. & Ghermandi, Andrea & Portela, Rosimeiry & Wang, Xuanwen, 2015. "Global values of coastal ecosystem services: A spatial economic analysis of shoreline protection values," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 11(C), pages 95-105.
- M. Brander, Luke & J. Wagtendonk, Alfred & S. Hussain, Salman & McVittie, Alistair & Verburg, Peter H. & de Groot, Rudolf S. & van der Ploeg, Sander, 2012. "Ecosystem service values for mangroves in Southeast Asia: A meta-analysis and value transfer application," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 62-69.
- Edward Barbier & Ivar Strand & Suthawan Sathirathai, 2002. "Do Open Access Conditions Affect the Valuation of an Externality? Estimating the Welfare Effects of Mangrove-Fishery Linkages in Thailand," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 21(4), pages 343-365, April.
- Quoc Vo, Tuan & Kuenzer, C. & Oppelt, N., 2015. "How remote sensing supports mangrove ecosystem service valuation: A case study in Ca Mau province, Vietnam," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 14(C), pages 67-75.
- Mykoniatis, Nikolaos & Ready, Richard, 2013.
"Evaluating habitat-fishery interactions: The case of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation and Blue Crab fishery in the Chesapeake Bay,"
2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C.
150272, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Mykoniatis, Nikolaos & Ready, Richard, 2013. "Evaluating habitat-fishery interactions: The case of Submerged Aquatic Vegetation and Blue Crab fishery in the Chesapeake Bay," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150683, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2007. "Valuing ecosystem services as productive inputs," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 177-229, January.
- Ekka, A. & Pandit, Arun, 2012. "Willingness to Pay for Restoration of Natural Ecosystem: A Study of Sundarban Mangroves by Contingent Valuation Approach," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 67(3), pages 1-11.
- Edward B. Barbier & Mark Cox, 2003. "Does Economic Development Lead to Mangrove Loss? A Cross‐Country Analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 21(4), pages 418-432, October.
- Nadia Sitas & Heidi E. Prozesky & Karen J. Esler & Belinda Reyers, 2014. "Exploring the Gap between Ecosystem Service Research and Management in Development Planning," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(6), pages 1-23, June.
- Das, Saudamini, 2017. "Ecological Restoration and Livelihood: Contribution of Planted Mangroves as Nursery and Habitat for Artisanal and Commercial Fishery," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 492-502.
- Barbier,Edward B., 2007. "Natural Resources and Economic Development," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521706513.
- Barbier, E. B., 2006. "Mangrove dependency and the livelihoods of coastal communities in Thailand," IWMI Books, Reports H039111, International Water Management Institute.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2012. "A spatial model of coastal ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 70-79.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:coecpo:v:19:y:2001:i:2:p:109-122. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.