The Economic Impact of Mariculture on a Small Regional Economy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Goss, Jasper & Burch, David & Rickson, Roy E., 2000. "Agri-Food Restructuring and Third World Transnationals: Thailand, the CP Group and the Global Shrimp Industry," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 513-530, March.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "Exports and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 160-160.
- Alexander Hoffmaister, 1992.
"The Cost of Export Subsidies: Evidence from Costa Rica,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(1), pages 148-174, March.
- Willy W. Hoffmaister, 1991. "The Cost of Export Subsidies; Evidence From Costa Rica," IMF Working Papers 91/94, International Monetary Fund.
- Gammage, Sarah, 1997. "Estimating the Returns to Mangrove Conversion: Sustainable Management or Short Term Gain?," Discussion Papers 24133, International Institute for Environment and Development, Environmental Economics Programme.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:298744 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brannon, Jefferey T. & James, Dilmus D. & Lucker, G. William, 1994. "Generating and sustaining backward linkages between maquiladoras and local suppliers in Northern Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(12), pages 1933-1945, December.
- A C Vias & G F Mulligan, 1997.
"Disaggregate economic base multipliers in small communities,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 29(6), pages 955-974, June.
- A C Vias & G F Mulligan, 1997. "Disaggregate Economic Base Multipliers in Small Communities," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(6), pages 955-974, June.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
- Kelegama, Saman & Foley, Fritz, 1999. "Impediments to Promoting Backward Linkages from the Garment Industry in Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(8), pages 1445-1460, August.
- Roberts, J. Timmons, 1995. "Trickling down and scrambling up: The informal sector, food provisioning and local benefits of the Carajas mining "Growth Pole" in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 385-400, March.
- Leroy P. Jones, 1976. "The Measurement of Hirschmanian Linkages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 90(2), pages 323-333.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "Exports and Regional Economic Growth: Rejoinder," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 169-169.
- Barrow, Michael & MikeHall, 1994. "The impact of a large multinational organisation on a small local economy," Discussion Papers in Economics 04/94, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Key, Nigel & Runsten, David, 1999. "Contract Farming, Smallholders, and Rural Development in Latin America: The Organization of Agroprocessing Firms and the Scale of Outgrower Production," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 381-401, February.
- Hinojosa, Rene C. & Pigozzi, Bruce William, 1988. "Economic Base and Input-Output Multipliers: An Empirical Linkage," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 18(2).
- Pan A. Yotopoulos & Jeffrey B. Nugent, 1973. "A Balanced-Growth Version of the Linkage Hypothesis: A Test," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 87(2), pages 157-171.
- Schurman, Rachel A., 1996. "Snails, southern hake and sustainability: Neoliberalism and natural resource exports in Chile," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(11), pages 1695-1709, November.
- Dewalt, Billie R. & Vergne, Philippe & Hardin, Mark, 1996. "Shrimp aquaculture development and the environment: People, mangroves and fisheries on the Gulf of Fonseca, Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(7), pages 1193-1208, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Allison, E.H., 2011. "Aquaculture, fisheries, poverty and food security," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 39575, December.
- Hishamunda, Nathanael & Ridler, Neil B., 2006. "Farming fish for profits: A small step towards food security in sub-Saharan Africa," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 401-414, October.
- Denise Stanley, 2010. "Outmigration, Human Development and Trade: A Central American Case Study," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 315-337.
- Toufique, Kazi Ali & Belton, Ben, 2014. "Is Aquaculture Pro-Poor? Empirical Evidence of Impacts on Fish Consumption in Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 609-620.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:31:y:2003:i:1:p:191-210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.