Reining in the Competition for Capital
- Ann Markusen(University of Minnesota)
This book explores the causes, character, and potential remedies for the problems caused by the growing spatial competition for capital in the United States, Europe, and other nations.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|This book is provided by W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in its series Books from Upjohn Press with number ricc and published in 2007.|
|ISBN:||cloth 9780880992961 paper 9780880992954|
|Note:||PDF is the book's first chapter.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 300 S. Westnedge Ave. Kalamazoo, MI 49007 USA|
Web page: http://www.upjohn.org
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "Exports and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 160-160.
- Keen, M. & Marchand, M., "undated".
"Fiscal competition and the pattern of public spending,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1284, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Keen, Michael & Marchand, Maurice, 1997. "Fiscal competition and the pattern of public spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 33-53, October.
- KEEN, Michael & MARCHAND, Maurice, 1996. "Fiscal Competition and the Pattern of Public Spending," CORE Discussion Papers 1996001, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wohlgemuth, Darin & Kilkenny, Maureen, 1998.
"Firm Relocation Threats and Copy Cat Costs,"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
1202, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Darin Wohlgemuth & Maureen Kilkenny, 1996. "Firm Relocation Threats and Copy Cat Costs," Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) Publications 95-wp142, Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at Iowa State University.
- Darin Wohlgemuth & Maureen Kilkenny, 1996. "Firm Relocation Threats and Copy Cat Costs," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 95-wp142, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Moretti, Enrico, 2004.
"Bidding for Industrial Plants: Does Winning a 'Million Dollar Plant' Increase Welfare?,"
Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series
qt5cz0h23t, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Michael Greenstone & Enrico Moretti, 2003. "Bidding for Industrial Plants: Does Winning a 'Million Dollar Plant' Increase Welfare?," NBER Working Papers 9844, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Margaret E. Dewar, 1998. "Why State and Local Economic Development Programs Cause so Little Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 12(1), pages 68-87, February.
- Markusen, Ann & Hall, Peter & Campbell, Scott & Deitrick, Sabina, 1991. "The Rise of the Gunbelt: The Military Remapping of Industrial America," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195066487.
- Charles M. Tiebout, 1956. "Exports and Regional Economic Growth: Rejoinder," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64, pages 169-169.
- Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés & Arbixb, Glauco, 2000.
"Strategies Of Waste: Bidding Wars In The Brazilian Automobile Sector,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa00p505, European Regional Science Association.
- André Rodríguez-Pose, 2001. "Strategies of Waste: Bidding Wars in the Brazilian Automobile Sector," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(1), pages 134-154, 03.
- Jung, Woo S. & Marshall, Peyton J., 1985. "Exports, growth and causality in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-12.
- Michael Wasylenko, 1997. "Taxation and economic development: the state of the economic literature," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Mar, pages 37-52.
- Michael I. Luger & Suho Bae, 2005. "The Effectiveness of State Business Tax Incentive Programs: The Case of North Carolina," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 19(4), pages 327-345, November.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Daniel J. Wilson, 2006. "State investment tax incentives: what are the facts?," Working Paper Series 2006-49, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jiang Xu & Anthony G.O. Yeh, 2005. "City Repositioning and Competitiveness Building in Regional Development: New Development Strategies in Guangzhou, China," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 283-308, 06.
- Timothy J. Bartik, 1991. "Who Benefits from State and Local Economic Development Policies?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number wbsle, 06.
- Robert S. Chirinko & Daniel J. Wilson, 2007.
"State Investment Tax Incentives: A Zero-Sum Game?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1895, CESifo Group Munich.
- Harold Wolman & David Spitzley, 1996. "The Politics of Local Economic Development," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 10(2), pages 115-150, May.
- Alan H. Peters & Peter S. Fisher, 2002. "State Enterprise Zone Programs: Have They Worked?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number sezp, 06.
- Newman, Robert J. & Sullivan, Dennis H., 1988. "Econometric analysis of business tax impacts on industrial location: What do we know, and how do we know it?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 215-234, March.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1970. "The Case for Regional Policies," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(3), pages 337-348, November.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Todd M. Gabe & David S. Kraybill, 2002. "The Effect of State Economic Development Incentives on Employment Growth of Establishments," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(4), pages 703-730.
- Douglass C. North, 1955. "Location Theory and Regional Economic Growth," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 243-243.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:ubooks:ricc. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.