Is Aquaculture Pro-Poor? Empirical Evidence of Impacts on Fish Consumption in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ahmed, Mahfuzuddin & Lorica, Mylene H., 2002. "Improving developing country food security through aquaculture development--lessons from Asia," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 125-141, April.
- Belton, B. & Karim, M. & Thilsted, S. & Murshed-E-Jahan, K. & Collis, W. & Phillips, M., 2011. "Review of aquaculture and fish consumption in Bangladesh," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 39574, June.
- Belton, Ben & van Asseldonk, Imke Josepha Mariana & Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh, 2014. "Faltering fisheries and ascendant aquaculture: Implications for food and nutrition security in Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 77-87.
- Toufique, Kazi Ali & Gregory, Rick, 2008. "Common waters and private lands: Distributional impacts of floodplain aquaculture in Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 587-594, December.
- Delgado, C.L. & Wada, N. & Rosegrant, M.W. & Meijer, S. & Ahmed, M., 2003. "Fish to 2020: supply and demand in changing global markets," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 15796, June.
- Lewis, David, 1997. "Rethinking aquaculture for resource-poor farmers: perspectives from Bangladesh," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(6), pages 533-546, December.
- Ben Belton & David C. Little, 2011. "Immanent and Interventionist Inland Asian Aquaculture Development and its Outcomes," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 29(4), pages 459-484, July.
- Xavier Irz & James R. Stevenson & Arnold Tanoy & Portia Villarante & Pierre Morissens, 2007. "The Equity and Poverty Impacts of Aquaculture: Insights from the Philippines," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 25(4), pages 495-516, July.
- Dey, Madan M. & SpielmanÂ David J. & Haque, A.B.M. Mahfuzul & Rahman, Md. Saidur & Valmonte-Santos, Rowena, 2012. "Change and diversity in smallholder rice-fish systems: Recent evidence from Bangladesh," IFPRI discussion papers 1220, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sen, Binayak, 2003. "Drivers of Escape and Descent: Changing Household Fortunes in Rural Bangladesh," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 513-534, March.
- Brummett, Randall E. & Lazard, Jérôme & Moehl, John, 2008. "African aquaculture: Realizing the potential," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(5), pages 371-385, October.
- Nanak Kakwani & Shahid Khandker & Hyun H. Son, 2004. "Pro-poor growth: concepts and measurement with country case studies," Working Papers 1, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- A. de Janvry & E. Sadoulet, 2002. "World Poverty and the Role of Agricultural Technology: Direct and Indirect Effects," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 1-26.
- Hallman, Kelly & Lewis, David & Begum, Suraiya, 2003. "An integrated economic and social analysis to assess the impact of vegetable and fishpond technologies on poverty in rural Bangladesh:," EPTD discussion papers 112, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Ravallion, Martin, 2004. "Pro-poor growth : A primer," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3242, The World Bank.
- Hallman, Kelly & Lewis, David & Begum, Suraiya, 2003. "An integrated economic and social analysis to assess the impact of vegetable and fishpond technologies on poverty in rural Bangladesh," FCND briefs 163, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Zhang, Xiaobo & Rashid, Shahidur & Ahmad, Kaikaus & Mueller, Valerie & Lee, Hak Lim & Lemma, Solomon & Belal, Saika & Ahmed, Akhter U., 2013. "Rising wages in Bangladesh:," IFPRI discussion papers 1249, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Stanley, Denise L., 2003. "The Economic Impact of Mariculture on a Small Regional Economy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 191-210, January.
- Kumar, Praduman & Dey, Madan Mohan & Paraguas, Ferdinand J., 2005. "Demand for Fish by Species in India: Three-stage Budgeting Framework," Agricultural Economics Research Review, Agricultural Economics Research Association (India), vol. 18(2).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- A. B. M. Mahfuzul Haque & Madan Mohan Dey, 2017. "Impacts of community-based fish culture in seasonal floodplains on income, food security and employment in Bangladesh," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 9(1), pages 25-38, February.
- Thilsted, Shakuntala Haraksingh & Thorne-Lyman, Andrew & Webb, Patrick & Bogard, Jessica Rose & Subasinghe, Rohana & Phillips, Michael John & Allison, Edward Hugh, 2016. "Sustaining healthy diets: The role of capture fisheries and aquaculture for improving nutrition in the post-2015 era," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 126-131.
- Asche, Frank & Bellemare, Marc F. & Roheim, Cathy & Smith, Martin D. & Tveteras, Sigbjørn, 2015. "Fair Enough? Food Security and the International Trade of Seafood," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 151-160.
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:76:y:2018:i:c:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:139:y:2017:i:c:p:128-139 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:jfpoli:v:75:y:2018:i:c:p:68-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:endesu:v:19:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10668-016-9824-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Béné, Christophe & Arthur, Robert & Norbury, Hannah & Allison, Edward H. & Beveridge, Malcolm & Bush, Simon & Campling, Liam & Leschen, Will & Little, David & Squires, Dale & Thilsted, Shakuntala H. &, 2016. "Contribution of Fisheries and Aquaculture to Food Security and Poverty Reduction: Assessing the Current Evidence," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 177-196.
- repec:ddj:fserec:y:2017:p:456-464 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melissa Marschke & Gordon Betcherman, 2016. "Vietnam’s seafood boom: Economic growth with impoverishment?," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 1129-1150, August.
- repec:ris:badest:0784 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordspro-poor growth; poverty; aquaculture; capture fisheries; Bangladesh; Asia;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:64:y:2014:i:c:p:609-620. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .