Forests and water: The value of native temperate forests in supplying water for human consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nigel Dudley & Sue Stolton, 2003. "Running Pure : The Importance of Forest Protected Areas to Drinking Water," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15006.
- Edward Barbier & Ivar Strand, 1998. "Valuing Mangrove-Fishery Linkages – A Case Study of Campeche, Mexico," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 12(2), pages 151-166, September.
- Bell, Frederick W., 1997. "The economic valuation of saltwater marsh supporting marine recreational fishing in the southeastern United States," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 243-254, June.
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Barbier, Edward B., 2000. "Valuing the environment as input: review of applications to mangrove-fishery linkages," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 47-61, October.
- Jeffrey A. Miron, 1996. "The Economics of Seasonal Cycles," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262133237.
- Acharya, Gayatri & Barbier, Edward B., 2000. "Valuing groundwater recharge through agricultural production in the Hadejia-Nguru wetlands in northern Nigeria," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 247-259, April.
- Torras, Mariano, 2000. "The total economic value of Amazonian deforestation, 1978-1993," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 283-297, May.
- Acharya, Gayatri, 2000. "Approaches to valuing the hidden hydrological services of wetland ecosystems," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 63-74, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:8:p:1270-:d:105740 is not listed on IDEAS
- Termansen, Mette & Zandersen, Marianne & McClean, Colin J., 2008. "Spatial substitution patterns in forest recreation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 81-97, January.
- World Bank Group, 2015. "Valuing Forest Products and Services in Turkey," World Bank Other Operational Studies 22961, The World Bank.
- Biao, Zhang & Wenhua, Li & Gaodi, Xie & Yu, Xiao, 2010. "Water conservation of forest ecosystem in Beijing and its value," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1416-1426, May.
- Abildtrup, Jens & Garcia, Serge & Stenger, Anne, 2013.
"The effect of forest land use on the cost of drinking water supply: A spatial econometric analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 126-136.
- Abildtrup, Jens & Garcia, Serge & Stenger, Anne, 2011. "The effect of forest land use on the cost of drinking water supply: A spatial econometric analysis," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 120385, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kontogianni, Areti & Luck, Gary W. & Skourtos, Michalis, 2010. "Valuing ecosystem services on the basis of service-providing units: A potential approach to address the 'endpoint problem' and improve stated preference methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1479-1487, May.
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:2:y:2012:i:c:p:56-70 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:7:y:2014:i:c:p:106-115 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:wepxxx:v:03:y:2017:i:02:n:s2382624x16500326 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tianhong, Li & Wenkai, Li & Zhenghan, Qian, 2010. "Variations in ecosystem service value in response to land use changes in Shenzhen," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1427-1435, May.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:6:p:876-:d:99438 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ferhat Gökbulak & Kamil Şengönül & Yusuf Serengil & Süleyman Özhan & İbrahim Yurtseven & Betül Uygur & Mehmet Said Özçelik, 2016. "Effect of Forest Thinning on Water Yield in a Sub-Humid Mediterranean Oak-Beech Mixed Forested Watershed," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 30(14), pages 5039-5049, November.
- Jackson, Laura E. & Rashleigh, Brenda & McDonald, Michael E., 2012. "Economic Value of Stream Degradation across the Central Appalachians," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-10.
- Isabel Mendes, 2018. "Social risks of forest fires: a methodological proposal for their monetary evaluation," Working Papers Department of Economics 2018/02, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Bingzhen Du & Lin Zhen & Rudolf de Groot & Xin Long & Xiaochang Cao & Ruizi Wu & Chuanzhun Sun & Chao Wang, 2015. "Changing Food Consumption Patterns and Impact on Water Resources in the Fragile Grassland of Northern China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-20, May.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:4:p:1247-:d:141935 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yaella Depietri & Lorenzo Guadagno & Margaretha Breil, 2013. "Urban Watershed Services For Improved Ecosystem Management and Risk Reduction, Assessment Methods and Policy Instruments: State of the Art," Working Papers 2013.101, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:58:y:2006:i:3:p:606-616. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.