The total economic value of Amazonian deforestation, 1978-1993
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruitenbeek, H. Jack, 1992. "The rainforest supply price: a tool for evaluating rainforest conservation expenditures," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 57-78, July.
- Echeverria, Jaime & Hanrahan, Michael & Solorzano, Raul, 1995. "Valuation of non-priced amenities provided by the biological resources within the Monteverde Cloud Forest Preserve, Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 43-52, April.
- Fearnside, Philip M., 1997. "Environmental services as a strategy for sustainable development in rural Amazonia," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 53-70, January.
- Francisco, Herminia A. & Cruz, Wilfrido & Conway, Zenaida T., 1988. "The On-Site and Downstream Costs of Soil Erosion in the Magat and Pantabangan Watersheds," Philippine Journal of Development JPD 1988 Vol. XV No. 1-d, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Randall A. Kramer & D. Evan Mercer, 1997. "Valuing a Global Environmental Good: U.S. Residents' Willingness to Pay to Protect Tropical Rain Forests," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 73(2), pages 196-210.
- Pinedo-Vasquez, Miguel & Zarin, Daniel & Jipp, Peter, 1992. "Economic returns from forest conversion in the Peruvian Amazon," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 163-173, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Turner, R. Kerry & Paavola, Jouni & Cooper, Philip & Farber, Stephen & Jessamy, Valma & Georgiou, Stavros, 2003. "Valuing nature: lessons learned and future research directions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 493-510, October.
- Knoke, Thomas & Steinbeis, Otto-Emmanuel & Bösch, Matthias & Román-Cuesta, Rosa María & Burkhardt, Thomas, 2011. "Cost-effective compensation to avoid carbon emissions from forest loss: An approach to consider price-quantity effects and risk-aversion," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1139-1153, April.
- Nunez, Daisy & Nahuelhual, Laura & Oyarzun, Carlos, 2006. "Forests and water: The value of native temperate forests in supplying water for human consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 606-616, June.
- Bandara, Ranjith & Tisdell, Clement A., 2003. "Use and non-use values of wild Asian elephants: A total economic valuation approach," Economics, Ecology and Environment Working Papers 48961, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Sergio L. Franklin, Jr. & Robert S. Pindyck, 2017. "Tropical Forests, Tipping Points, and the Social Cost of Deforestation," NBER Working Papers 23272, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Laura Nahuelhual & Pablo Donoso & Antonio Lara & Daisy Núñez & Carlos Oyarzún & Eduardo Neira, 2007. "Valuing Ecosystem Services Of Chilean Temperate Rainforests," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 481-499, November.
- Chen, Nengwang & Li, Huancheng & Wang, Lihong, 2009. "A GIS-based approach for mapping direct use value of ecosystem services at a county scale: Management implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2768-2776, September.
- Damnyag, Lawrence & Tyynelä, Tapani & Appiah, Mark & Saastamoinen, Olli & Pappinen, Ari, 2011. "Economic cost of deforestation in semi-deciduous forests — A case of two forest districts in Ghana," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(12), pages 2503-2510.
- Giles Atkinson & Haripriya Gundimeda, 2006. "Accounting for IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Forest Wealth," Development Economics Working Papers 22494, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Azqueta Oyarzún, Diego & Delacámara, Gonzalo, 2008. "Oil extraction and deforestation: a simulation exercise," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Ngugi, Daniel & Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Bergstrom, John C., 2008.
"Land Use Change and Ecosystem Valuation in North Georgia,"
2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida
6119, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ngugi, Daniel & Mullen, Jeffrey D. & Bergstrom, John C., 2009. "Land Use Change and Ecosystem Valuation in North Georgia," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46853, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Celentano, Danielle & Sills, Erin & Sales, Marcio & Veríssimo, Adalberto, 2012. "Welfare Outcomes and the Advance of the Deforestation Frontier in the Brazilian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 850-864.
- Naughton-Treves, Lisa, 2004. "Deforestation and Carbon Emissions at Tropical Frontiers: A Case Study from the Peruvian Amazon," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 173-190, January.
- Amirnejad, Hamid & Khalilian, Sadegh & Assareh, Mohammad H. & Ahmadian, Majid, 2006. "Estimating the existence value of north forests of Iran by using a contingent valuation method," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(4), pages 665-675, July.
- Eugenio Figueroa B. & Enrique Calfucura T., 2010. "Sustainable development in a natural resource rich economy: the case of Chile in 1985–2004," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 647-667, October.
- Seck, Abdoulaye, 2016. "A dichotomous-choice contingent valuation of the Parc Zoologique de Hann in Dakar," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(3), September.
- May, Peter H. & Soares-Filho, Britaldo Silveira & Strand, Jon, 2013. "How much is the Amazon worth ? the state of knowledge concerning the value of preserving amazon rainforests," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6668, The World Bank.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolec:v:33:y:2000:i:2:p:283-297. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolecon .