The effect of forest land use on the cost of drinking water supply: A spatial econometric analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Abildtrup, Jens & Garcia, Serge & Stenger, Anne, 2013. "The effect of forest land use on the cost of drinking water supply: A spatial econometric analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 126-136.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abildtrup, Jens & Strange, Niels, 2000. "The option value of non-contaminated forest watersheds," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 115-125, August.
- Nunez, Daisy & Nahuelhual, Laura & Oyarzun, Carlos, 2006. "Forests and water: The value of native temperate forests in supplying water for human consumption," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 606-616, June.
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raja Chakir & Olivier Parent, 2009.
"Determinants of land use changes: A spatial multinomial probit approach,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 88(2), pages 327-344, June.
- Olivier Parent & Raja Chakir, 2008. "Determinants of land use changes: a spatial multinomial probit approach," University of Cincinnati, Economics Working Papers Series 2008-06, University of Cincinnati, Department of Economics.
- Kelejian, Harry H & Prucha, Ingmar R, 1998.
"A Generalized Spatial Two-Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 99-121, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 1997. "A Generalized Spatial Two Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances," Electronic Working Papers 97-002, University of Maryland, Department of Economics, revised Aug 1997.
- Subhrendu K. Pattanayak & David T. Butry, 2005. "Spatial Complementarity of Forests and Farms: Accounting for Ecosystem Services," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 995-1008.
- Solène Larue & Jens Abildtrup & Bertrand Schmitt, 2011. "Positive and Negative Agglomeration Externalities: Arbitration in the Pig Sector," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 167-183.
- Serge Garcia & Alban Thomas, 2001. "The Structure of Municipal Water Supply Costs: Application to a Panel of French Local Communities," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 5-29, July.
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2010.
"Specification and estimation of spatial autoregressive models with autoregressive and heteroskedastic disturbances,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 157(1), pages 53-67, July.
- Harry H. Kelejian & Ingmar R. Prucha, 2008. "Specification and Estimation of Spatial Autoregressive Models with Autoregressive and Heteroskedastic Disturbances," CESifo Working Paper Series 2448, CESifo Group Munich.
- J. Barkley Rosser, 2009. "Introduction," Chapters,in: Handbook of Research on Complexity, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Robert M. Clark & Richard G. Stevie, 1981. "A Water Supply Cost Model Incorporating Spatial Variables," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 57(1), pages 18-32.
- Christian Langpap & Ivan Hascic & JunJie Wu, 2008. "Protecting Watershed Ecosystems through Targeted Local Land Use Policies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(3), pages 684-700.
- Bernard Fingleton & Julie Le Gallo, 2008. "Estimating spatial models with endogenous variables, a spatial lag and spatially dependent disturbances: Finite sample properties," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 87(3), pages 319-339, August.
- Marcel Boyer & Serge Garcia, 2004. "Régulation et mode de gestion : une étude économétrique sur les prix et la performance," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-60, CIRANO.
- Luc Anselin, 2001. "Spatial Effects in Econometric Practice in Environmental and Resource Economics," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(3), pages 705-710.
- Biao, Zhang & Wenhua, Li & Gaodi, Xie & Yu, Xiao, 2010. "Water conservation of forest ecosystem in Beijing and its value," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 1416-1426, May.
- Hein, Lars & van Koppen, Kris & de Groot, Rudolf S. & van Ierland, Ekko C., 2006. "Spatial scales, stakeholders and the valuation of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 209-228, May.
- Ivan Hascic & JunJie Wu, 2006. "Land Use and Watershed Health in the United States," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 82(2), pages 214-239.
- Chakir, Raja & Le Gallo, Julie, 2013. "Predicting land use allocation in France: A spatial panel data analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 114-125.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James I. Price & Steven Renzetti & Diane Dupont & Wiktor Adamowicz & Monica B. Emelko, 2017. "Production Costs, Inefficiency, and Source Water Quality: A Stochastic Cost Frontier Analysis of Canadian Water Utilities," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 93(1), pages 1-11.
- Pierre-Alexandre Mahieu & Romain Craste & Bengt Kriström & Pere Riera, 2014. "Non-market valuation in France: An overview of the research activity," Working Papers hal-01087365, HAL.
- repec:wsi:wepxxx:v:03:y:2017:i:02:n:s2382624x16500326 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wsi:wepxxx:v:03:y:2017:i:04:n:s2382624x17500060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Basak Bayramoglu & Raja CHAKIR & Anna LUNGARSKA, 2016. "Land Use and Freshwater Ecosystems in France," EcoMod2016 9420, EcoMod.
More about this item
KeywordsWater quality; land uses; forest; water supply service; spatial spillovers; Demand and Price Analysis; Land Economics/Use; Resource /Energy Economics and Policy; C21; Q23; Q25; R14;
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- R14 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Land Use Patterns
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-02-20 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2012-02-20 (Environmental Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:eaae11:120385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaaeeea.html .