A Generalized Spatial Two Stage Least Squares Procedure for Estimating a Spatial Autoregressive Model with Autoregressive Disturbances
Cross sectional spatial models frequently contain a spatial lag of the dependent variable as a regressor, or a disturbance term which is spatially autoregressive. In this paper we describe a computationally simple procedure for estimating cross sectional models which contain both of these characteristics. We also give formal large sample results.
|Date of creation:||Apr 1997|
|Date of revision:||Aug 1997|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, University of Maryland, Tydings Hall, College Park, MD 20742|
Web page: http://www.econ.umd.edu/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Department of Economics, University of Maryland, Tydings Hall, College Park, MD 20742|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Blommestein, Hans J., 1983. "Specification and estimation of spatial econometric models : A discussion of alternative strategies for spatial economic modelling," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 251-270, May.
- Case, Anne C, 1991. "Spatial Patterns in Household Demand," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(4), pages 953-965, July.
- Anselin, Luc & Bera, Anil K. & Florax, Raymond & Yoon, Mann J., 1996. "Simple diagnostic tests for spatial dependence," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 77-104, February.
- Anselin, Luc, 1990. "Some robust approaches to testing and estimation in spatial econometrics," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 141-163, September.
- Case, Anne C. & Rosen, Harvey S. & Hines, James Jr., 1993. "Budget spillovers and fiscal policy interdependence : Evidence from the states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 285-307, October.
- Case, Anne, 1992. "Neighborhood influence and technological change," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 491-508, September.
- Herman J. Bierens & A. R. Gallant (ed.), 1997. "Nonlinear Models," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 878.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:umd:umdeco:97-002. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Murrell)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.