The effects of land sales restrictions: evidence from south India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Pender, John L. & Kerr, John M., 1999. "The effects of land sales restrictions: evidence from south India," Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 21(3), December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Gavian & Marcel Fafchamps, 1996. "Land Tenure and Allocative Efficiency in Niger," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(2), pages 460-471.
- Heath, John Richard, 1992. "Evaluating the impact of Mexico's land reform on agricultural productivity," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 695-711, May.
- Joseph Hayes & Michael Roth & Lydia Zepeda, 1997. "Tenure Security, Investment and Productivity in Gambian Agriculture: A Generalized Probit Analysis," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 369-382.
- Migot-Adholla, Shem, et al, 1991. "Indigenous Land Rights Systems in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Constraint on Productivity?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 155-175, January.
- Pender, John L., 1996. "Discount rates and credit markets: Theory and evidence from rural india," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 257-296, August.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-838, May.
- Fafchamps, Marcel & Pender, John, 1997. "Precautionary Saving, Credit Constraints, and Irreversible Investment: Theory and Evidence from Semiarid India," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 15(2), pages 180-194, April.
- Atwood, David A., 1990. "Land registration in Africa: The impact on agricultural production," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 659-671, May.
- Hoff, Karla, 1991. "Introduction: Agricultural Taxation and Land Rights Systems," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 5(1), pages 85-91, January.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995. "Property Rights and Investment Incentives: Theory and Evidence from Ghana," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 903-937, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Petracco, Carly K. & Pender, John L., 2009.
"Evaluating the Impact of Land Tenure and Titling on Access to Credit in Uganda,"
2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China
51899, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Petracco, Carly K. & Pender, John, 2009. "Evaluating the impact of land tenure and titling on access to credit in Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 853, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Misha Saleem, 2011. "The Effect of Ownership Rights on Urban Households' Access to Credit in Lahore," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 111-139, Jul-Dec.
- Pender, John & Nkonya, Ephraim & Jagger, Pamela & Sserunkuuma, Dick & Ssali, Henry, 2004.
"Strategies to increase agricultural productivity and reduce land degradation: evidence from Uganda,"
Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 181-195, December.
- Pender, John L. & Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Jagger, Pamela & Sserunkuuma, Dick & Ssali, Henry, 2003. "Strategies To Increase Agricultural Productivity And Reduce Land Degradation: Evidence From Uganda," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25816, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rohini Pande & Christopher Udry, 2005. "Institutions and Development:A View from Below," Working Papers 928, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Emran, M. Shahe & Shilpi, Forhad, 2015.
"Do Land Market Restrictions Hinder Structural Change in a Rural Economy? Evidence from Sri Lanka,"
66017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emran,M. Shahe & Shilpi,Forhad J., 2015. "Do land market restrictions hinder structural change in a rural economy ? evidence from Sri Lanka," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7525, The World Bank.
- Nakasone, Eduardo, 2011. "The impact of land titling on labor allocation: Evidence from rural Peru," IFPRI discussion papers 1111, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Akee, Randall K. Q., 2006. "Checkerboards and Coase: Transactions Costs and Efficiency in Land Markets," IZA Discussion Papers 2438, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- World Bank, 2005. "Uganda : Policy Options for Increasing Crop Productivity and Reducing Soil Nutrient Depletion and Poverty," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8647, The World Bank.
- Kemper, Niels & Klump, Rainer & Schumacher, Heiner, 2011. "Representation of property rights and credit market outcomes: Evidence from a land reform in Vietnam," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 45, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Pender, John & Ssewanyana, Sarah & Edward, Kato & Nkonya, Ephraim M., 2004. "Linkages between poverty and land management in rural Uganda: evidence from the Uganda National Household Survey, 1999/00," EPTD discussion papers 122, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pender, John L., 1999. "Rural population growth, agricultural change and natural resource management in developing countries: a review of hypotheses and some evidence from Honduras," EPTD discussion papers 48, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Pender, John L. & Benin, Samuel, 2001. "Impacts Of Land Resdistribution On Land Management And Productivity In The Ethiopian Highlands," 2001 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Chicago, IL 20701, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- World Bank, 2008. "Uganda Sustainable Land Management : Public Expenditure Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 16807, The World Bank.
- Kemper, Niels & Ha, Luu Viet & Klump, Rainer, 2015. "Property Rights and Consumption Volatility: Evidence from a Land Reform in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 107-130.
- Nkonya, Ephraim M. & Pender, John & Kato, Edward & Mugarura, Samuel & Muwonge, James, 2005. "Who knows, who cares?: determinants of enactment, awareness and compliance with community natural resource management," CAPRi working papers 41, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:21:y:1999:i:3:p:279-294. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.