The geography and causes of food insecurity in developing countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Smith, L. & Elobeid, Amani & Jensen, Helen H., 2000. "Geography and Causes of Food Insecurity in Developing Countries (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5013, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Elobeid, Amani & Jensen, Helen H. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1999. "Geography and Causes of Food Insecurity in Developing Countries (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1651, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 1997.
"What Can New Survey Data Tell Us about Recent Changes in Distribution and Poverty?,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(2), pages 357-382, May.
- Ravallion, Martin & Shaohua Chen, 1996. "What can new survey data tell us about recent changes in distribution and poverty?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1694, The World Bank.
- Simon Maxwell, 1996. "Review article: perspectives on a new world food crisis," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(6), pages 859-867.
- Ruel, Marie T. & Garrett, James L. & Morris, Saul Sutkover & Maxwell, Daniel G. & Oshaug, Arne & Engle, Patrice L. & Menon, Purnima & Slack, Alison T. & Haddad, Lawrence James, 1998. "Urban challenges to food and nutrition security," FCND discussion papers 51, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maxwell, Daniel G., 1996. "Measuring food insecurity: the frequency and severity of "coping strategies"," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 291-303, July.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Bhattarai, Saroj & Immink, Maarten & Kumar, Shubh, 1998. "Estimating the interactions between household food security and preschool diarrhea," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 241-261, November.
- Maxwell, Simon, 1996. "Food security: a post-modern perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 155-170, May.
- Elobeid, Amani & Johnson, Stanley R. & Jensen, Helen H. & Smith, Lisa C., 1999. "Food Security: New Solutions for the Twenty-First Century," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1653, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Smith, Lisa C., 1998. "Can FAO's measure of chronic undernourishment be strengthened?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 425-445, October.
- Smith, Lisa Catherine & Haddad, Lawrence, 2001. "How important is improving food availability for reducing child malnutrition in developing countries?," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 191-204, December.
- Maxwell, Daniel & Ahiadeke, Clement & Levin, Carol & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Zakariah, Sawudatu & Lamptey, Grace Mary, 1999. "Alternative food-security indicators: revisiting the frequency and severity of 'coping strategies'," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 411-429, August.
- Feleke, Shiferaw T. & Kilmer, Richard L. & Gladwin, Christina H., 2003. "Determinants Of Food Security In Southern Ethiopia," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22010, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ogunlesi, Ayodeji & Bokana, Koye & Okoye, Chidozie & Loy, Jens-Peter, 2018. "Agricultural Productivity and Food Supply Stability in Sub-Saharan Africa: LSDV and SYS-GMM Approach," MPRA Paper 90204, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T., 1999. "Are determinants of rural and urban food security and nutritional status different?," FCND discussion papers 65, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maxwell, Simon, 1998. "Saucy with the Gods: nutrition and food security speak to poverty," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3-4), pages 215-230, November.
- Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T., 1999. "Are Determinants of Rural and Urban Food Security and Nutritional Status Different? Some Insights from Mozambique," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(11), pages 1955-1975, November.
- Benjamin Davis, 2002. "Is it Possible to Avoid a Lemon? Reflections on Choosing a Poverty Mapping Method," Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition 08, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Burchi, Francesco & De Muro, Pasquale, 2016. "From food availability to nutritional capabilities: Advancing food security analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 10-19.
- Yu, Bingxin & You, Liangzhi & Fan, Shenggen, 2010. "Toward a typology of food security in developing countries:," IFPRI discussion papers 945, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Smith, Lisa C. & Naiken, Logan, 1998. "Can FAO's measure of chronic undernourishment be strengthened?," FCND discussion papers 44, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:zbw:rwidps:0030 is not listed on IDEAS
- Claudio A. Agostini & Philip H. Brown, 2010.
"Local Distributional Effects Of Government Cash Transfers In Chile,"
Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 56(2), pages 366-388, June.
- Claudio Agostini & Phillip Brown, 2007. "Local Distributional Effects of Government Cash Transfers in Chile," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv181, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- Claudio A. Agostini & Philip Brown, 2007. "Local Distributional Effects of Government Cash Transfers in Chile," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp872, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2009.
"Inequality and the Impact of Growth on Poverty: Comparative Evidence for Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(5), pages 726-745.
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2008. "Inequality and the Impact of Growth on Poverty: Comparative Evidence for Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2008-107, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Augustin Kwasi Fosu, 2009. "Inequality and the Impact of Growth on Poverty: Comparative Evidence for Sub-Saharan Africa," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 9809, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Juan Luis LondoÃ±o & Miguel SzÃ©kely, 2000. "Persistent Poverty and Excess Inequality: Latin America, 1970-1995," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 3, pages 93-134, May.
- Morley, Samuel A., 2000. "The effects of growth and economic reform on income distribution in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Kraay, Aart, 2004. "When is growth pro-poor? Cross-country evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3225, The World Bank.
- Olayemi, Adebayo Oyefunke, 2012. "Effects of Family Size on Household Food Security in Osun State, Nigeria," Asian Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development, Asian Economic and Social Society (AESS), vol. 2(02), pages 1-7, June.
- Marcelo Bentes Diniz & Ricardo Bruno Santos do Nascimento & Márcia Jucá Teixeira Diniz & Cláudio Castelo Branco Puty & Sérgio Luiz de Medeiros Rivero, 2007. "A Amazônia (Legal) Brasileira: Evidências De Uma Condição De Armadilha Da Pobreza?," Anais do XXXV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 35th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 090, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Vincent Gitz & Alexandre Meybeck, 2011. "The establishment of the High Level Panel of Experts on food security and nutrition (HLPE). Shared, independent and comprehensive knowledge for international policy coherence in food security and nutr," Working Papers hal-00866427, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:22:y:2000:i:2:p:199-215. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.