Alternative food-security indicators: revisiting the frequency and severity of 'coping strategies'
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maxwell, Simon, 1996. "Food security: a post-modern perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 155-170, May.
- Maxwell, Daniel G., 1996. "Measuring food insecurity: the frequency and severity of "coping strategies"," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 291-303, July.
- Rose, Donald & Oliveira, Victor, 1997. "Validation of a Self-Reported Measure of Household Food Insufficiency with Nutrient Intake Data," Technical Bulletins 156808, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Haddad, Lawrence & Kennedy, Eileen & Sullivan, Joan, 1994. "Choice of indicators for food security and nutrition monitoring," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 329-343, June.
- Corbett, Jane, 1988. "Famine and household coping strategies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(9), pages 1099-1112, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Joanna Ryan & Murray Leibbrandt, 2015. "Multidimensional Food Insecurity Measurement," SALDRU Working Papers 160, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:35:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9805-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aker, Jenny C. & Ninno, Carlo del & Dorosh, Paul A. & Mulder-Sibanda, Menno & Razmara, Setareh, 2009. "Niger - Food security and safety nets," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 91576, The World Bank.
- Edeh, Hyacinth Onuorah & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2014. "Determinants of Change and Household Responses to Food Insecurity: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," 88th Annual Conference, April 9-11, 2014, AgroParisTech, Paris, France 169750, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Bashir, Muhammad Khalid & Schilizzi, Steven, 2012. "Measuring food security: Definitional sensitivity and implications," 2012 Conference (56th), February 7-10, 2012, Freemantle, Australia 124227, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Omvir Singh & Hawa Singh, 2015. "The response of farmers to the flood hazard under rice–wheat ecosystem in Somb basin of Haryana, India: an empirical study," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 75(1), pages 795-811, January.
- Kusunose, Yoko & Lybbert, Travis J., 2014. "Coping with Drought by Adjusting Land Tenancy Contracts: A Model and Evidence from Rural Morocco," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 114-126.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:11:p:2074-:d:118354 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:ecoser:v:5:y:2013:i:c:p:143-148 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ugo Gentilini1, 2005. "Mainstreaming Safety Nets in the Social Protection Policy Agenda: A New Vision or the Same Old Perspective?," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 2(2), pages 133-157.
- Kuku, Oluyemisi & Gundersen, Craig & Garasky, Steven, 2011. "Differences in food insecurity between adults and children in Zimbabwe," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 311-317, April.
- Vaitla, Bapu & Coates, Jennifer & Glaeser, Laura & Hillbruner, Christopher & Biswal, Preetish & Maxwell, Daniel, 2017. "The measurement of household food security: Correlation and latent variable analysis of alternative indicators in a large multi-country dataset," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 193-205.
- Hossain, Marup & Mullally, Conner & Asadullah, M Niaz, 2016. "Measuring household food security in a low income country: A comparative analysis of self-reported and objective indicators," 2016 Annual Meeting, February 6-9, 2016, San Antonio, Texas 230101, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- repec:spd:journl:v:67:y:2017:i:3:p:18-31 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhatta, Kiran Prasad & Ishida, Akira & Taniguchi, Kenji & Sharma, Raksha, 2008. "Does Kitchen Garden and Backyard Livestock Farming Help Combat Food Insecurity?," MPRA Paper 40958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. L. Mabuza & G. F. Ortmann & E. Wale, 2016. "Frequency and extent of employing food insecurity coping strategies among rural households: determinants and implications for policy using evidence from Swaziland," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 255-269, February.
- World Bank, 2009. "Niger : Food Security and Safety Nets," World Bank Other Operational Studies 18550, The World Bank.
- Emiliana A. Assenga & Kim A. Kayunze, 2016. "Food Security Incidences Based on Dietary Energy Consumption, Dietary Diversity and Household Food Insecurity Access Scale in Chamwino District, Tanzania," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 6(11), pages 644-658, November.
- Tusiime, Hamidu A. & Renard, Robrecht & Smets, Lodewijk, 2013. "Food aid and household food security in a conflict situation: Empirical evidence from Northern Uganda," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 14-22.
- Mahadevan, Renuka & Suardi, Sandy, 2013. "Is there a role for caste and religion in food security policy? A look at rural India," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 58-69.
- Brown, Lynn & Gentilini, Ugo, 2006. "On the Edge: The Role of Food-based Safety Nets in Helping Vulnerable Households Manage Food Insecurity," WIDER Working Paper Series 111, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- M. Mabuza & G. Ortmann & E. Wale, 2016. "Frequency and extent of employing food insecurity coping strategies among rural households: determinants and implications for policy using evidence from Swaziland," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(1), pages 255-269, February.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:473-:d:131236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Burchi, Francesco & De Muro, Pasquale, 2016. "From food availability to nutritional capabilities: Advancing food security analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 10-19.
- Langat, B.K. & Sulo, T.K. & Nyangweso, P.M. & Ngeno, V.K. & Korir, M.K. & Kipsat, Mary J., 2010. "Household Food Security in Commercialized Subsistence Economies: Factors Influencing Dietary Diversity of Smallholder Tea Farmers in Nandi South, Kenya," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 97086, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE);Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jfpoli:v:24:y:1999:i:4:p:411-429. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/foodpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.