Infrastructure and rural development: insights from a Grameen Bank village phone initiative in Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kessides, C., 1993. "The Contributions of Infrastructure to Economic Development, A review of Experience and Policy Implications," World Bank - Discussion Papers 213, World Bank.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213-213.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Chong & Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero, 2005.
"Does Privatization Deliver? Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru,"
Research Department Publications
4417, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero & Alberto E. Chong, 2005. "Does Privatization Deliver?: Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment in Peru," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1935, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Robert T. Jensen, 2010. "Information, efficiency, and welfare in agricultural markets," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 41(s1), pages 203-216, November.
- Sene, Ligane Massamba, 2015. "Connectivity as engine for productivity among smallholder peanut farmers in Senegal," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212263, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Muto, Megumi & Yamano, Takashi, 2009. "The Impact of Mobile Phone Coverage Expansion on Market Participation: Panel Data Evidence from Uganda," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1887-1896, December.
- Anderson, Jock R., 2003. "Risk in rural development: challenges for managers and policy makers," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, pages 161-197.
- Jensen, Robert T., 2009. "Information, Efficiency And Welfare In Agricultural Markets," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 53206, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Alberto Chong & Virgilio Galdo & Máximo Torero, 2005. "¿Cumple la privatización lo que promete? El acceso a los servicios telefónicos y el ingreso familiar en zonas rurales pobres empleando un experimento cuasinatural en Perú," Research Department Publications 4418, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Stein Kristiansen, 2003. "Information Asymmetry and Economic Concentration: The case of hens and eggs in eastern Indonesia," Working Papers 03-21, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Bidit L. Dey, 2009. "The Use and Appropriation of the Mobile Telephony Technologies by the Rural Bangladeshi Farmers," AIUB Bus Econ Working Paper Series AIUB-BUS-ECON-2009-02, American International University-Bangladesh (AIUB), Office of Research and Publications (ORP), revised Feb 2009.
- Kramer, Daniel Boyd & Urquhart, Gerald & Schmitt, Kristen, 2009. "Globalization and the connection of remote communities: A review of household effects and their biodiversity implications," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(12), pages 2897-2909, October.
- Shyamal K. Chowdhury, 2004. "Search Cost and Rural Producers' Trading Choice between Middlemen and Consumers in Bangladesh," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 160(3), pages 522-541, September.
- Chong, Alberto E. & Galdo, Virgilio & Torero, Maximo, 2006. "Does Privatization Deliver? Access to Telephone Services and Household Income in Poor Rural Areas Using a Quasi-Natural Experiment for Peru," 2006 Annual Meeting, August 12-18, 2006, Queensland, Australia 25691, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:agecon:v:25:y:2001:i:2-3:p:261-272. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwell-synergy.com/loi/agec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.