Citations for "Does Information Technology Lead to Smaller Firms?"
by Erik J. Brynjolfsson & Thomas Malone & Vijay Gurbaxani & Ajit Kambil
- Han, Chaodong & Porterfield, Tobin & Li, Xiaolin, 2012. "Impact of industry competition on contract manufacturing: An empirical study of U.S. manufacturers," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 138(1), pages 159-169.
- Martin Falk, 2004. "ICT-Linked Firm Reorganisation and Productivity Gains," WIFO Working Papers 216, WIFO.
- Zulima Fernández & María J. Nieto, 2005. "The Internet: Strategy And Boundaries Of The Firm," Business Economics Working Papers wb050101, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Byrd, Terry Anthony & Thrasher, Evelyn H. & Lang, Teresa & Davidson, Nancy W., 2006. "A process-oriented perspective of IS success: Examining the impact of IS on operational cost," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 448-460, October.
- Gamal Atallah, 2002.
"Production Technology, Information Technology, and Vertical Integration under Asymmetric Information,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Gamal Atallah, 2002. "Production Technology, Information Technology, and Vertical Integration Under Asymmetric Information," Working Papers 0203EClassification-JEL: , University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- J. Yannis Bakos & Erik Brynjolfsson, 1992.
"Why Information Technology Hasn't Increased the Optimal Number of Suppliers,"
Working Paper Series
135, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Bakos, J. Yannis & Brynjolfsson, Erik., 1992. "Why information technology hasn't increased the optimal number of suppliers," Working papers 3472-92. CCSTR ; #135., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik. & Hitt, Lorin M., 1995.
"Paradox lost? : firm-level evidence on the returns to information systems spending,"
3786-95., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin Hitt, 1996. "Paradox Lost? Firm-Level Evidence on the Returns to Information Systems Spending," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(4), pages 541-558, April.
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Patricia, CRIFO & Claudio, MATTALIA, 2007.
"Technological Progress, Organizational Change and the Size of the Human Resources Departement,"
Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques)
2007047, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Patricia Crifo & Claudio Mattalia, 2008. "Technological Progress, Organizational Change and the Size of the Human Resources Department," Working Papers hal-00240715, HAL.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Patricia Criffo & Claudio Mattalia, 2008. "Technological progress, organizational change and the size of the Human Resources Department," Working Papers 2008_20, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Fu, Shihe & Hong, Junjie, 2008.
"Information and communication technologies and geographic concentration of manufacturing industries: evidence from China,"
7446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hong, Junjie & Fu, Shihe, 2008. "Information and communication technologies and geographic concentration of manufacturing industries: Evidence from China," MPRA Paper 7574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehmet Yorukoglu, 1998. "The Information Technology Productivity Paradox," Review of Economic Dynamics, Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 1(2), pages 551-592, April.
- Todd R. Zenger & Sergio G. Lazzarini, 2004. "Compensating for innovation: Do small firms offer high-powered incentives that lure talent and motivate effort?," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(6-7), pages 329-345.
- Pryor, Frederic L., 2001. "Will most of us be working for giant enterprises by 2028?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 363-382, April.
- Kokkinaki, A.I. & Dekker, R. & van Nunen, J.A.E.E. & Pappis, C.P., 1999. "An explanatory study on electronic commerce for reverse logistics," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9951-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- María Nieto & Zulima Fernández, 2005. "The role of information technology in corporate strategy of small and medium enterprises," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 251-262, December.
- Roger Strange, 2011. "The outsourcing of primary activities: theoretical analysis and propositions," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 249-269, May.
- Broadberry, Stephen & Ghosal, Sayantan, 2005. "Technology, organisation and productivity performance in services: lessons from Britain and the United States since 1870," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 437-466, December.
- Nurmilaakso, Juha-Miikka, 2008. "Adoption of e-business functions and migration from EDI-based to XML-based e-business frameworks in supply chain integration," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 721-733, June.
- Jordi Vilaseca-Requena & Joan Torrent-Sellens & Antoni Meseguer-Artola & Inma Rodríguez-Ardura, 2007. "An Integrated Model of the Adoption and Extent of E-Commerce in Firms," International Advances in Economic Research, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 13(2), pages 222-241, May.
- Jai-Joon Hur & Hwan-Joo Seo & Young Soo Lee, 2005. "Information and communication technology diffusion and skill upgrading in Korean industries," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(7), pages 553-571.
- Kim, Sung Min & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2002. "Mutual Commitment to Support Exchange: Specific IT System as a Substitute for Managerial Hierarchy," Working Papers 02-0115, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Erik Brynjolffson, 1991.
"An Incomplete Contracts Theory of Information, Technology and Organization,"
Working Paper Series
126, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik., 1991. "An incomplete contracts theory of information, technology and organization," Working papers #126. Working paper (Sloa, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Chien, Shih-Wen & Hu, Changya & Reimers, Kai & Lin, Jeun-Sheng, 2007. "The influence of centrifugal and centripetal forces on ERP project success in small and medium-sized enterprises in China and Taiwan," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 380-396, June.
- Ursino, Giovanni, 2009. "Supply Chain Control: A Theory of Vertical Integration," MPRA Paper 18357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kim, Sung Min & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2008. "Resource Co-specialization, Firm Growth, and Organizational Performance: An Empirical Analysis of Organizational Restructuring and IT Implementations," Working Papers 08-0107, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Lajili, Kaouthar & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2005. "Revisiting Agency and Transaction Costs Theory Predictions on Vertical Financial Ownership and Contracting: Electronic Integration as an Organizational Form Choice," Working Papers 05-0106, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Bakos, J. Yannis. & Brynjolfsson, Erik., 1993. "When quality matters : information technology and buyer-supplier relationships," Working papers 140. Working paper (Sloan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Panos Desyllas, 2009. "Improving performance through vertical disintegration: evidence from UK manufacturing firms," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(5), pages 307-324.
- Philip Auerswald, 2008. "Entrepreneurship in the Theory of the Firm," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 111-126, February.
- McCullough, Jeffrey S. & Snir, Eli M., 2010. "Monitoring technology and firm boundaries: Physician-hospital integration and technology utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 457-467, May.
- Meagher, K., 1998.
"The Impact of Hierarchies on Wages,"
98-16, New South Wales - School of Economics.
- Richard Green & Kerry Vandell, . "The Impact of Technology on the Internet on Commercial Real Estate," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 01-11, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Grüner, Hans Peter, 2007. "Information Technology, Efficient Restructuring and the Productivity Puzzle," CEPR Discussion Papers 6109, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hur, Jai-Joon & Seo, Hwan-Joo & Lee, Young Soo, 2002. "ICT Diffusion and Skill Upgrading in Korean Industries," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Christoff Loch, 1995. "Collaboration, Motivation, and the Size of Organizations," Working Papers _005, Xerox Research Park.
- Vladimir Sulov, 2006. "Virtualization of Information Systems in Conditions of Globalization," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 2, pages 120-142.
- Timothy Van Zandt & Roy Radner, 1998. "Real-Time Decentralized Information Processing and Returns to Scale," Discussion Papers 1233, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Alla Lileeva & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2007.
"Outsourcing when Investments are Specific and Complementary,"
tecipa-287, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Alla Lileeva & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2013. "Outsourcing When Investments Are Specific And Interrelated," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 871-896, 08.
- Alla Lileeva & Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2008. "Outsourcing when Investments are Specific and Complementary," NBER Working Papers 14477, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic Pryor, 2001. "New Trends in U.S. Industrial Concentration," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 301-326, May.
- Grüner, Hans Peter, 2009. "Information technology: Efficient restructuring and the productivity puzzle," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 916-929, December.
- Hunter, Starling David, 2003. "Same Technology, Different Outcome? Lessons on Dummy Variables & Dependent Variable Transformations," Working papers 4308-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Balconi, Margherita, 2002. "Tacitness, codification of technological knowledge and the organisation of industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 357-379, March.
- Ortmann, Andreas & Squire, Richard, 2000. "A game-theoretic explanation of the administrative lattice in institutions of higher learning," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 377-391, November.
- Nakhla, Michel, 2003. "Information, coordination and contractual relations in firms," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 101-119, March.
- Subramanian Rangan & Metin Sengul, 2009. "Information technology and transnational integration: Theory and evidence on the evolution of the modern multinational enterprise," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(9), pages 1496-1514, December.
- Hoppe, Mirko & Schramm, Hans-Joachim, 2004. "Use of Interorganisational Systems: An Empirical Analysis," Discussion Papers 1/2004, Dresden University of Technology, Faculty of Transportation and Traffic Sciences "Friedrich List", Institute for Transport and Economics.
- Serge Amabile & Martine Gadille, 2006. "Les usages d’Internet : facteurs de compétitivité de la «PME réseau»?," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 9(1), pages 35-57.
- Elizabeth J. Altman & Frank Nagle & Michael L. Tushman, 2013. "Innovating Without Information Constraints: Organizations, Communities, and Innovation When Information Costs Approach Zero," Harvard Business School Working Papers 14-043, Harvard Business School, revised Sep 2014.
- Rao, P. M., 2001. "The ICT revolution, internationalization of technological activity, and the emerging economies: implications for global marketing," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 571-596, October.