Improving performance through vertical disintegration: evidence from UK manufacturing firms
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David J. TEECE, 2008.
"Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: The Transfer And Licensing Of Know-How And Intellectual Property Understanding the Multinational Enterprise in the Modern World, chapter 5, pages 67-87
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Teece, David J., 1986. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 285-305, December.
- Teece, David J., 1993. "Profiting from technological innovation: Implications for integration, collaboration, licensing and public policy," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 112-113, April.
- David J. Teece, 2003. "Profiting from Technological Innovation: Implications for Integration, Collaboration, Licensing and Public Policy," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece, chapter 2, pages 11-46 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike, 2003. "The determinants of corporate divestment: evidence from a panel of UK firms," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 147-166, September.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
- Mari Sako, 2005. "Outsourcing and Offshoring: Key Trends and Issues," Papers Presented at Global Meetings of the Emerging Markets Forum 2005outsourc, Emerging Markets Forum.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2007.
"Mergers and acquisitions in the pharmaceutical and biotech industries,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(4-5), pages 307-328.
- Patricia M. Danzon & Andrew Epstein & Sean Nicholson, 2004. "Mergers and Acquisitions in the Pharmaceutical and Biotech Industries," NBER Working Papers 10536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John, Kose & Ofek, Eli, 1995. "Asset sales and increase in focus," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 105-126, January.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike, 2002. "The Impact of Divestment on Firm Performance: Empirical Evidence from a Panel of UK Companies," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 173-196, June.
- Myeong-Hyeon Cho & Mark A. Cohen, 1997. "The economic causes and consequences of corporate divestiture," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(5), pages 367-374.
- Laura Abramovsky & Rachel Griffith, 2006.
"Outsourcing and Offshoring of Business Services: How Important is ICT?,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 4(2-3), pages 594-601, 04-05.
- Laura Abramovsky & Rachel Griffith, 2005. "Outsourcing and offshoring of business services: how important is ICT?," IFS Working Papers W05/22, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Barbara Sianesi, 2001. "Propensity score matching," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2001 12, Stata Users Group, revised 23 Aug 2001.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Thomas W. Malone & Vijay Gurbaxani & Ajit Kambil, 1994.
"Does Information Technology Lead to Smaller Firms?,"
INFORMS, vol. 40(12), pages 1628-1644, December.
- Erik J. Brynjolfsson & Thomas Malone & Vijay Gurbaxani & Ajit Kambil, 1991. "Does Information Technology Lead to Smaller Firms?," Working Paper Series 123, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
- Olav Sorenson, 2003. "Interdependence and Adaptability: Organizational Learning and the Long--Term Effect of Integration," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 446-463, April.
- Daley, Lane & Mehrotra, Vikas & Sivakumar, Ranjini, 1997. "Corporate focus and value creation Evidence from spinoffs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 257-281, August.
- Mitchell, Mark L. & Mulherin, J. Harold, 1996. "The impact of industry shocks on takeover and restructuring activity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 193-229, June.
- Oster, Sharon M, 1982. "Intraindustry Structure and the Ease of Strategic Change," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(3), pages 376-383, August.
- Belén Villalonga, 2004. "Does Diversification Cause the "Diversification Discount"?," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 33(2), Summer.
- Espahbodi, Reza & John, Teresa A & Vasudevan, Gopala, 2000. "The Effects of Downsizing on Operating Performance," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 107-126, September.
- Denis, Diane K. & Shome, Dilip K., 2005. "An empirical investigation of corporate asset downsizing," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 427-448, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:mgtdec:v:30:y:2009:i:5:p:307-324. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/7976 .