Citations for "Warning: Inflation May Be Harmful to Your Growth"
by Atish Ghosh & Steven Phillips
- Baglan, Deniz & Yoldas, Emre, 2014.
"Non-linearity in the inflation–growth relationship in developing economies: Evidence from a semiparametric panel model,"
Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 93-96.
- Baglan, Deniz & Yoldas, Emre, 2014. "Non-linearity in the Inflation-Growth Relationship in Developing Economies: Evidence from a Semiparametric Panel Model," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2014-51, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Raúl G. Sanchis, 2012.
"Trying to escape the Malaise State in the future A macroeconomic design to hinder another Great Recession which risks the Welfare State
[Tratando de escapar al Estado del Malestar en el futuro Un d," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 1205, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Manamba EPAPHRA, 2016. "Nonlinearities in Inflation and Growth Nexus: The Case of Tanzania," Journal of Economics and Political Economy, KSP Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 471-512, September.
- Vinayagathasan, Thanabalasingam, 2013. "Inflation and economic growth: A dynamic panel threshold analysis for Asian economies," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 31-41.
- Raphael Espinoza & Hyginus Leon & Ananthakrishnan Prasad, 2012. "When Should We Worry about Inflation?," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 26(1), pages 100-127.
- Saumitra, Bhaduri, 2012.
"Revisiting the growth-inflation nexus: a wavelet analysis,"
38001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saumitra Bhaduri, 2016. "Revisiting the Growth–Inflation Nexus: A Wavelet Analysis," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 45(1), pages 79-89, 02.
- Saumitra N Bhaduri, 2013. "Revisiting the Growth-Inflation Nexus: A Wavelet Analysis," Working Papers id:5332, eSocialSciences.
- Saumitra N Bhaduri, 2013. "Revisiting the Growth-Inflation Nexus: A Wavelet Analysis," Working Papers 2013-077, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2009. "Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 12777.
- Agustín Carstens & Alejandro Werner, 2000. "Monetary Policy and Exchange Rate Choices for Mexico," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 37(110), pages 139-175.
- Adam, Christopher S. & Bevan, David L., 2001.
"Fiscal Policy Design in Low-Income Countries,"
WIDER Working Paper Series
067, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Qaiser Munir & Kasim Mansur, 2009. "Non-Linearity between Inflation Rate and GDP Growth in Malaysia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(3), pages 1555-1569.
- Domac, Ilker & Yucel, Eray M., 2004.
"What triggers inflation in emerging market economics?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
3376, The World Bank.
- Ilker Domaç & Eray M. Yücel, 2005. "What Triggers Inflation in Emerging Market Economies?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 141(1), pages 141-164, April.
- Ilker Domac & Eray M. Yucel, 2003. "What Triggers Inflation in Emerging Market Economies?," Working Papers 0307, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Muhammad Khan, 2013. "Inflation and Sectoral Output Growth Variability in Bulgaria," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 55(4), pages 687-704, December.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2013. "Inflation and Economic Growth in Zambia: A Threshold Autoregressive (TAR) Econometric Approach," MPRA Paper 52093, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jess Benhabib & Mark M. Spiegel, 2006.
"Moderate inflation and the deflation-depression link,"
Working Paper Series
2006-32, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Jess Benhabib & Mark M. Spiegel, 2009. "Moderate Inflation and the Deflation-Depression Link," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 41(4), pages 787-798, 06.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2003.
"Macroeconomic Policies of the Economic and Monetary Union: Theorectical Underpinnings and Challenges,"
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2004. "Macroeconomic policies of the Economic and Monetary Union: theoretical underpinnings and challenges," Chapters, in: Neo-Liberal Economic Policy, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Nawalage S. Cooray, 2013. "An Empirical Analysis of Inflation-Growth Nexus in Developing Countries: The Case of Sri Lanka," Working Papers EMS_2013_21, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- Goohoon Kwon & Lavern McFarlane & Wayne Robinson, 2009. "Public Debt, Money Supply, and Inflation: A Cross-Country Study," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(3), pages 476-515, August.
- repec:asi:ajoerj:2013:p:363-380 is not listed on IDEAS
- Max Gillman & Michal Kejak & Akos Valentinyi, 2000.
"Inflation, Growth, and Credit Services,"
CERGE-EI Working Papers
wp154, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Gillman, M. & Kejak, M. & Valentinyi, A., 1999. "Inflation, growth and credit services," Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics 9913, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Max Gillman & Michal Kejak & Akos Valentinyi, 2001. "Inflation, Growth, and Credit Services," Development and Comp Systems 0012007, EconWPA.
- Gillman, Max & Kejak, Michal & Valentinyi, Akos, 1999. "Inflation, Growth, and Credit Services," Transition Economics Series 13, Institute for Advanced Studies.
- Ibarra, Raul & Trupkin, Danilo R., 2016. "Reexamining the relationship between inflation and growth: Do institutions matter in developing countries?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 52(PB), pages 332-351.
- Reneé van Eyden & Tolga Omay & Rangan Gupta, 2015. "Inflation-Growth Nexus in Africa: Evidence from a Pooled CCE Multiple Regime Panel Smooth Transition Model," Working Papers 201504, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2013.
"Does inflation harm corporate investment? Empirical evidence from OECD countries,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 7, pages 1-38.
- Ciżkowicz, Piotr & Rzońca, Andrzej, 2012. "Does inflation harm corporate investment? Empirical evidence from OECD countries," Economics Discussion Papers 2012-63, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ortiz, Isabel. & Cummins, Matthew. & Karunanethy, Kalaivani., 2015. "Fiscal space for social protection options to expand social investments in 187 countries," ILO Working Papers 994877663402676, International Labour Organization.
- James Heintz & Robert Pollin, 2008. "Targeting Employment Expansion, Economic Growth and Development in Sub-Saharan Africa: Outlines of an Alternative Economic Programme for the Region," Published Studies targeting_employment_expa, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Muhammad Ayyoub, 2016. "Inflation-growth nexus in developing economies: New empirical evidence from a dis-aggregated approach," Economics working papers 2016-02, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Bataa, Erdenebat & Wohar, Mark & Vivian, Andrew, 2015. "Changes in the relationship between short-term interest rate, inflation and growth: Evidence from the UK, 1820-2014," MPRA Paper 72422, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip Arestis, 2013. "Economic theory and policy: a coherent post-Keynesian approach," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 10(2), pages 243-255.
- Khoza, Keorapetse & Thebe, Relebogile & Phiri, Andrew, 2016. "Nonlinear impact of inflation on economic growth in South Africa: A smooth transition regression (STR) analysis," MPRA Paper 73840, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Madhu Sehrawat & A. K. Giri, 2015. "Re-examining the Threshold Effects in Inflationâ€“Growth Nexus: Evidence from India," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(2), pages 57-67, Fabruary.
- Siti Hamizah Mohd & Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Stilianos Fountas, 2013.
"Inflation, Inflation Uncertainty And Output Growth: Recent Evidence From Asean-5 Countries,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 58(04), pages 1-17.
- Siti Hamizah Mohd & Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Stilianos Fountas, 2012. "Inflation, Inflation Uncertainty and Output Growth: Recent Evidence from ASEAN-5 Countries," Discussion Paper Series 2012_07, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Jul 2012.
- Jaganath Behera & Alok Kumar Mishra, 2016. "Inflation and Economic Growth Nexus in BRICS: Evidence from ARDL Bound Testing Approach," Asian Journal of Economic Modelling, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 4(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Bittencourt, Manoel, 2012.
"Inflation and economic growth in Latin America: Some panel time-series evidence,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 333-340.
- Manoel Bittencourt, 2010. "Inflation and Economic Growth in Latin America: Some Panel Time-Series Evidence," Working Papers 201011, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Kamiar Mohaddes & Mehdi Raissi, 2014. "Does Inflation Slow Long-Run Growth in India?," IMF Working Papers 14/222, International Monetary Fund.
- Abiad, Abdul & Bluedorn, John & Guajardo, Jaime & Topalova, Petia, 2015. "The Rising Resilience of Emerging Market and Developing Economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1-26.
- Ndoricimpa, Arcade & Osoro, Nehemiah & Kidane, Asmerom, 2016. "Threshold effects of inflation on economic growth in selected African regional economic communities: Evidence from a dynamic panel threshold modeling," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 41, pages 5-23.
- Bonga-Bonga, Lumengo & Simo-Kengne, Beatrice Desiree, 2017. "Inflation and output growth dynamics in South Africa: Evidence from the Markov switching vector auto-regression model," MPRA Paper 77286, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Austin, Darran & Ward, Bert & Dalziel, Paul, 2007. "The demand for money in China 1987-2004: A non-linear modelling approach," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 190-204.
- Hossain, A., 2006. "Sources of Economic Growth in Indonesia, 1966-2003," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 6(2).
- Bittencourt, Manoel, 2012. "Inflación y crecimiento económico: Evidencia con datos de panel para América del Sur," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 23, pages 25-38.
- Kevin S. Nell, 2000. "Is Low Inflation a Precondition for Faster Growth? The Case of South Africa," Studies in Economics 0011, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Samir Ghazouani, 2012. "Threshold Effect of Inflation on Growth: Evidence from MENA Region," Working Papers 715, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Stephanie Kremer & Alexander Bick & Dieter Nautz, 2013.
"Inflation and growth: new evidence from a dynamic panel threshold analysis,"
Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 861-878, April.
- Stephanie Kremer & Alexander Bick & Dieter Nautz, 2009. "Inflation and Growth: New Evidence From a Dynamic Panel Threshold Analysis," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-036, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Kremer, Stephanie & Bick, Alexander & Nautz, Dieter, 2009. "Inflation and growth: new evidence from a dynamic panel threshold analysis," Discussion Papers 2009/9, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2011. "The economic policies of the political economy of the Australian patriot and Cambridge economist," European Journal of Economics and Economic Policies: Intervention, Edward Elgar Publishing, vol. 8(1), pages 129-145.
- Metin Ozdemir & Selim Tuzunturk, 2009. "Is price stability enough? Macroeconomic performance of inflation targeting in developing countries," International Journal of Sustainable Economy, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 1(4), pages 352-372.
- John Duffy & Maxim Nikitin, 2004.
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
456, Econometric Society.
- Seleteng, Monaheng & Bittencourt, Manoel & van Eyden, Reneé, 2013. "Non-linearities in inflation–growth nexus in the SADC region: A panel smooth transition regression approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 149-156.
- Burdekin, Richard C.K. & Denzau, Arthur T. & Keil, Manfred W. & Sitthiyot, Thitithep & Willett, Thomas D., 2004.
"When does inflation hurt economic growth? Different nonlinearities for different economies,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 519-532, September.
- Richard C.K. Burdekin & Arthur T. Denzau & Manfred W. Keil & Thitithep Sitthiyot & Thomas D. Willett, "undated". "When Does Inflation Hurt Economic Growth? Different Nonlinearities for Different Economies," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-22, Claremont Colleges.
- James Heintz & Léonce Ndikumana, 2010. "Working Paper 108 - Is there a Case for Formal Inflation Targeting in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Working Paper Series 245, African Development Bank.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 2009. "The Design and Conduct of Monetary Policy: Lessons for Pakistan (The Quaid-i-Azam Lecture)," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 48(4), pages 337-356.
- Gerardo Esquivel & Raúl Razo, 2003. "Fuentes de la inflación en México, 1989-2000: Un análisis multicausal de corrección de errores," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 18(2), pages 181-226.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2003. "Macroeconomic Policies of the Economic Monetary Union: Theoretical Underpinnings and Challenges," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_385, Levy Economics Institute.
- James Heintz & Léonce Ndikumana, 2010. "Is There a Case for Formal Inflation Targeting in Sub-Saharan Africa?," Working Papers wp218, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Robert ALEXANDER & Murat GENC & Mohammad JAFORULLAH, "undated". "Gender and Ethnicity in the New Zealand Labour Market," EcoMod2004 330600008, EcoMod.
- Fernando Morra, 2014. "Moderando Inflaciones Moderadas," Department of Economics, Working Papers 106, Departamento de Economía, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Melisso Boschi & Alessandro Girardi, 2007.
"Euro area inflation: long-run determinants and short-run dynamics,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(1), pages 9-24.
- Melisso Boschi & Alessandro Girardi, 2005. "Euro Area inflation: long-run determinants and short-run dynamics," ISAE Working Papers 60, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Degol Hailu, 2007. "Scaling-up HIV/AIDS Financing and the Role of Macroeconomic Policies in Kenya," Conference Paper 4, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2002.
"Can Monetary Policy Affect The Real Economy?,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_355, Levy Economics Institute.
- Rami Hodrab & Mansoor Maitah & Smutka Luboš, 2016. "The Effect of Information and Communication Technology on Economic Growth: Arab World Case," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(2), pages 765-775.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Maria Silgoner, 2014. "Economic Growth and Inflation in Europe: A Tale of Two Thresholds," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 843-860, 07.
- repec:ucm:wpaper:05-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aliyu, Shehu Usman Rano & Englama, Abwaku, 2009. "Is Nigeria Ready for Inflation Targeting?," MPRA Paper 14870, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Apr 2009.
- Waseem Khadim & Saddam Ilyas & Bilal Mehmood, 2016. "Of Inflation and Growth Nexus in BRIMC Economies," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 4(1), pages 32-45, January.
- Andong Zhu & Robert Pollin, 2005. "Inflation and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Non-linear Analysis," Working Papers wp109, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Klump, Rainer, 2003. "Inflation, factor substitution and growth," Working Paper Series 0280, European Central Bank.
- Hossain, A., 2005. "Granger-Causality Between Inflation, Money Growth, Currency Devaluation and Economic Growth in Indonesia, 1951-2002," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 2(3), pages 45-68.
- Raul Ibarra & Danilo Trupkin, 2011. "The Relationship between Inflation and Growth. A Panel Smooth Transition Regression Approach for Developed and Developing Countries," Documentos de trabajo 2011006, Banco Central del Uruguay.
- López-Villavicencio, Antonia & Mignon, Valérie, 2011. "On the impact of inflation on output growth: Does the level of inflation matter?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 455-464, September.
- Ohnsorge,Franziska Lieselotte & Stocker,Marc & Some,Modeste Y., 2016. "Quantifying uncertainties in global growth forecasts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7770, The World Bank.
- Carstens, Agustín G. & Werner, Alejandro M., 2001. "El marco de la política monetaria de México bajo un régimen de tipo de cambio flotante," Revista Estudios Económicos, Banco Central de Reserva del Perú, issue 7.
- Rufin-Willy Mantsie, 2012. "In Search of Inflation Rate Compatible with Growth Target in CEMAC Countries," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 55(4), pages 329-350.
- Ryo Arawatari & Takeo Hori & Kazuo Mino, 2016. "On the Nonlinear Relationship between Inflation and Growth: A Theoretical Exposition," KIER Working Papers 950, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Jesús Crespo Cuaresma & Maria Antoinette Silgoner, 2004. "Groth effects of inflation in Europe: How low is too low, how high is too high?," Vienna Economics Papers 0411, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Yifru, Tigist, 2015. "Impact of Agricultural Exports on Economic Growth in Ethiopia: The Case of Coffee, Oilseed and Pulses," Research Theses 243473, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- F. Heylen & A. Schollaert & G. Everaert & L. Pozzi, 2003.
"Inflation and human capital formation : theory and panel data evidence,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
03/174, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Freddy Heylen & Arne Schollaert & Gerdie Everaert & Lorenzo Pozzi, 2004. "Inflation and human capital formation: theory and panel data evidence," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 43, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Philip Arestis & Malcolm Sawyer, 2013. "Moving from Inflation Targeting to Prices and Incomes Policy," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(1), pages 1-17, March.
- Robert Pollin & James Heintz, 2007. "Expanding Decent Employment in Kenya: The Role of Monetary Policy, Inflation Control, and the Exchange Rate," Country Study 6, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.