The use of dummy variables to compute predictions, prediction errors, and confidence intervals
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cuthbertson, Keith & Hayes, Simon & Nitzsche, Dirk, 1998. "Interest Rates in Germany and the UK: Cointegration and Error Correction Models," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 66(1), pages 27-43, January.
- David F. Hendry, 2001. "Modelling UK inflation, 1875-1991," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 255-275.
- Verteramo Chiu, Leslie J. & Tomek, William G., 2016. "Anticipatory Signals of Changes in Corn Demand," Working Papers 250032, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Hendry David F & Mizon Grayham E, 2011. "Econometric Modelling of Time Series with Outlying Observations," Journal of Time Series Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 3(1), pages 1-26, February.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2005.
"Regression Models with Data‐based Indicator Variables,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(5), pages 571-595, October.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2004. "Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables," Economics Papers 2004-W04, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2004. "Regression Models with Data-based Indicator Variables," Economics Papers 2004-W13, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- McKenzie, C. R., 1992. "Money demand in an open economy," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 176-198, June.
- Ericsson, Neil R., 2017.
"Economic forecasting in theory and practice: An interview with David F. Hendry,"
International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 523-542.
- Neil R. Ericsson, 2016. "Economic Forecasting in Theory and Practice: An Interview with David F. Hendry," Working Papers 2016-012, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, H. O. Stekler Research Program on Forecasting.
- Neil R. Ericsson, 2016. "Economic Forecasting in Theory and Practice : An Interview with David F. Hendry," International Finance Discussion Papers 1184, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- French, Ben C., 1987. "Farm Price Estimation When There Is Bargaining: The Case Of Processed Fruit And Vegetables," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 12(1), pages 1-10, July.
- David Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2010. "An Automatic Test of Super Exogeneity," Economics Series Working Papers 476, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- David F. Hendry & Grayham E. Mizon, 2016. "Improving the teaching of econometrics," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1170096-117, December.
- Theodore Joyce & Andrew D. Racine & Naci Mocan, 1992. "The Consequences and Costs of Maternal Substance Abuse in New York City," NBER Working Papers 3987, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David E. Giles, 2017.
"On the Inconsistency of Instrumental Variables Estimators for the Coefficients of Certain Dummy Variables,"
Journal of Quantitative Economics, Springer;The Indian Econometric Society (TIES), vol. 15(1), pages 15-26, March.
- David E. Giles, 2011. "On the Inconsistency of Instrumental Variables Estimators for the Coefficients of Certain Dummy Variables," Econometrics Working Papers 1106, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Thirtle, C. & Bottomley, P., 1988. "Explaining Total Factor Productivity Change: Returns to R & D in U.K. Agricultural Research," Manchester Working Papers in Agricultural Economics 232809, University of Manchester, School of Economics, Agricultural Economics Department.
- David Martin, 2020. "Is Species Protection or Amenity Demand More Important for Indian Zoos?," Working Papers 20-01, Davidson College, Department of Economics.
- Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry & Kevin M. Prestwich, 1998.
"The Demand for Broad Money in the United Kingdom, 1878–1993,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 100(1), pages 289-324, March.
- Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry & Kevin M. Prestwich, 1997. "The demand for broad money in the United Kingdom, 1878-1993," International Finance Discussion Papers 596, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 1997.
- Verteramo Chiu, Leslie J. & Tomek, William G., 2017. "Insights from Anticipatory Prices," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258115, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jurgen A. Doornik & David F. Hendry & Steve Cook, 2015. "Statistical model selection with “Big Data”," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(1), pages 1045216-104, December.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Hendry, David F., 2014.
"Model selection in under-specified equations facing breaks,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 178(P2), pages 286-293.
- David Hendry & Jennifer L. Castle, 2010. "Model Selection in Under-specified Equations Facing Breaks," Economics Series Working Papers 509, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Calzolari, Giorgio, 1987. "La varianza delle previsioni nei modelli econometrici [Forecast variance in econometric models]," MPRA Paper 23866, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Castle, Jennifer L. & Hendry, David F., 2009. "The long-run determinants of UK wages, 1860-2004," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 5-28, March.
- Søren Johansen & David F. Hendry & Carlos Santos, 2007. "Selecting a Regression Saturated by Indicators," CREATES Research Papers 2007-36, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- McAleer, Michael, 1994. "Sherlock Holmes and the Search for Truth: A Diagnostic Tale," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(4), pages 317-370, December.
- Mohannad Alobid & Szucs Istvan, 2020. "The Syrian Crisis Impact on the Area and the Production: A Case Study of Vegetables Crop," International Review of Management and Marketing, Econjournals, vol. 10(2), pages 80-83.
- David F. Hendry & Felix Pretis, 2013. "Anthropogenic influences on atmospheric CO2," Chapters, in: Roger Fouquet (ed.),Handbook on Energy and Climate Change, chapter 12, pages 287-326, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Reilly, Barry & Witt, Robert, 1998.
"Petrol price asymmetries revisited,"
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-308, June.
- Barry Reilly & Robert Witt, 1996. "Petrol Price Asymmetries Revisited," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 89, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- M. D. Ugarte & A. F. Militino & T. Goicoa, 2008. "Adjusting economic estimates in business surveys," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(11), pages 1253-1265.
- John McDonald, 1979. "A time series approach to forecasting Australian total live-births," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 16(4), pages 575-601, November.
- Verteramo Chiu, Leslie & Tomek, William, 2016. "Anticipatory Signals of Changes in U.S. Corn Demand," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235869, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Michael Beenstock, 1997. "Business Sector Production in the Short and Long Run in Israel," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 53-69, March.
- Manoj Athavale & Robert O. Edmister, 1999. "Borrowing Relationships, Monitoring, And The Influence On Loan Rates," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 22(3), pages 341-352, September.
- Marcos Sanso & Antonio Montanes, 2002. "Cointegration, error correction mechanism and trade liberalization: the case of the Spanish imports of manufactures," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 231-240.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2007:i:66:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adrian C. Darnell, 1994. "A Dictionary Of Econometrics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 118.
- Mitu Gulati & Ugo Panizza, 2018. "The Hausmann-Gorky Effect," IHEID Working Papers 02-2018, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies.
- Bruce M. Owen & Peter R. Greenhalgh, 1986. "Competitive Considerations In Cable Television Franchising," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 4(2), pages 69-79, April.
- Higgins, Richard S. & Johnson, Paul A., 2003. "The mean effect of structural change on the dependent variable is accurately measured by the intercept change alone," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 255-259, August.
- Amarnath Ananthanarayanan, 1998. "Is There A Green Link A Panel Data Value Event Study Of The Relationship Between Capital Markets And Toxic Releases," Departmental Working Papers 199818, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Peter Kennedy & Jutta Heinrichs, 2007. "A computational trick for calculating the Blinder-Oaxaca decomposition and its standard error," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(66), pages 1-7.
- Mohannad ALOBID & Naji ALFARAJ & Szűcs ISTVÁN, 2019. "The Impact Of The Crisis On The Area, Production, And Productivity Of Major Crops In Syrian Agriculture : A Case Study Of Wheat, Barley, And Cotton," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Romanian Foundation for Business Intelligence, Editorial Department, issue 21, pages 183-196, December.