The 2012 Eurozone Crisis and the ECB’s OMT Program: A Debt-Overhang Banking and Sovereign Crisis Interpretation The 2012 Eurozone Crisis and the ECB’s OMT Program: A Debt-Overhang Banking and Sovereign Crisis Interpretation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Philippon & Philipp Schnabl, 2013. "Efficient Recapitalization," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(1), pages 1-42, February.
- Occhino Filippo & Pescatori Andrea, 2014. "Leverage, investment, and optimal monetary policy," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Carlo Altavilla & Domenico Giannone & Michele Lenza, 2016.
"The Financial and Macroeconomic Effects of the OMT Announcements,"
International Journal of Central Banking, International Journal of Central Banking, vol. 12(3), pages 29-57, September.
- Michele Lenza, 2015. "The financial and macroeconomic effects of OMT announcements," Research Bulletin, European Central Bank, vol. 22, pages 12-16.
- Giannone, Domenico & Altavilla, Carlo & Lenza, Michele, 2014. "The financial and macroeconomic effects of OMT announcements," Working Paper Series 1707, European Central Bank.
- Carlo Altavilla & Domenico Giannone & Michèle Lenza, 2014. "The Financial and Macroeconomic Effects of OMT Announcements," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2014-31, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Giannone, Domenico & Lenza, Michele, 2014. "The Financial and Macroeconomic Effects of OMT Announcements," CEPR Discussion Papers 10025, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlo Altavilla & Domenico Giannone & Michele Lenza, 2014. "The Financial and Macroeconomic Effects of the OMT Announcements," CSEF Working Papers 352, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Cristina Arellano & Yan Bai & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2019.
"Financial Frictions and Fluctuations in Volatility,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 127(5), pages 2049-2103.
- Cristina Arellano & Yan Bai & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2012. "Financial frictions and fluctuations in volatility," Staff Report 466, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Cristina Arellano & Yan Bai & Patrick J. Kehoe, 2016. "Financial Frictions and Fluctuations in Volatility," NBER Working Papers 22990, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lamont, Owen, 1995. "Corporate-Debt Overhang and Macroeconomic Expectations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(5), pages 1106-1117, December.
- Filippo Occhino, 2014. "Debt-Overhang Banking Crises," Working Papers (Old Series) 1425, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Keiichiro Kobayashi & Tomoyuki Nakajima, 2014.
"A macroeconomic model of liquidity crises,"
CIGS Working Paper Series
14-003E, The Canon Institute for Global Studies.
- Keiichiro Kobayashi & Tomoyuki Nakajima, 2017. "A macroeconomic model of liquidity crises," CIGS Working Paper Series 17-010E, The Canon Institute for Global Studies.
- Keiichiro Kobayashi & Tomoyuki Nakajima, 2014. "A macroeconomic model of liquidity crises," KIER Working Papers 876, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- Keiichiro Kobayashi & Tomoyuki Nakajima, 2014. "A macroeconomic model of liquidity crises," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 022, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Occhino, Filippo & Pescatori, Andrea, 2015. "Debt overhang in a business cycle model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 58-84.
- Merler, S. & Pisani-Ferry, J., 2012. "Hazardous tango: sovereign-bank interdependence and financial stability in the euro area," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 16, pages 201-210, April.
- Chiara Angeloni & Guntram B. Wolff, 2012. "Are banks affected by their holdings of government debt?," Working Papers 717, Bruegel.
- Samuel G. Hanson & Anil K. Kashyap & Jeremy C. Stein, 2011. "A Macroprudential Approach to Financial Regulation," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 25(1), pages 3-28, Winter.
- Myers, Stewart C., 1977. "Determinants of corporate borrowing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 147-175, November.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt overhang; multiple equilibria; self-fulfilling expectations; financial fragility; systemic risk;
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2015-06-05 (Banking)
- NEP-EEC-2015-06-05 (European Economics)
- NEP-MON-2015-06-05 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:1509. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.